Magnuson Installs????

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hey all. I have been batting around the idea of doing Magnuson installs. My wife and I discussed it and she mentioned it would probably be a good idea to have an official contract made up that points out deliverables and when the delivery is complete.

I guess my question would be, if there was a pretty hard ass contract and I was doing installs, would anyone be interested?

My thought and the wife's, is there would be a final ride along, and at that moment you would have the opportunity to say I love it or this needs work. Thankfully she is convinced anyone who rides along on my finished product would not have an issue.
Sponsored

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Hey all. I have been batting around the idea of doing Magnuson installs. My wife and I discussed it and she mentioned it would probably be a good idea to have an official contract made up that points out deliverables and when the delivery is complete.

I guess my question would be, if there was a pretty hard ass contract and I was doing installs, would anyone be interested?

My thought and the wife's, is there would be a final ride along, and at that moment you would have the opportunity to say I love it or this needs work. Thankfully she is convinced anyone who rides along on my finished product would not have an issue.
I wouldn’t care as much about how things are immediately after install, I would be more concerned if things went bad weeks or months later.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My work does not go "back" it is more like what a manufacturer would do.

What is trying to be avoided, is people making significant changes to their rides or deciding at a later date a small change needs made, and basically consuming time I already do not have.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
My work does not go "back" it is more like what a manufacturer would do.

What is trying to be avoided, is people making significant changes to their rides or deciding at a later date a small change needs made, and basically consuming time I already do not have.
oops, “back” should have been “bad”

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement

If I was within a couple hundred miles from you, I would definitely trust you with the installation of my Magnuson Supercharger. Good luck with your business endeavors.

Sponsored

WSU JKU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2019 JLU, 2012 JKU, '46 CJ2A
What does the timeline look like? How far away would you travel and how would you get the tools you need to do the install? What does the cost look like?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I was to to do an install it would be in my garage as I have some pretty darn nice tools and work space. Oh and it is heated and airconditioned. I would tell people to schedule a week but I dont think it will take that long. I would install and road test and tune if needed. Licenses for the tuning would be 300 dollars and I am thinking 1500 for the install. The person can drive my jeep to see if they like it. If they do I would deliver that same product. I sincerely feel I have the tune close to V8 performance without having to switch out the drivetrain.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What sort of liability would you be taking on by installing the SC? Someone has a SC installed then two weeks later their engine grenades.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thus the first post, I would need an agreement in place. I know these are prized possessions and I currently take care of them as such and would continue to do so. I am not doing this to make a living, I truly want to learn and further the platform. My installation would be sound and I have dyno and tested my calibrations way beyond what I let the public have. At the end of the day if it is just to much nerves for everyone, not the end of the world, more time for other things. If it was a go I would love to get a number of different models hooked up so I can start getting some hands on experience with the differences they present and the data they spit out, so in the future getting the right machine the right tune over an email is easy.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
So would we then buy the cheaper tuner kit I guess instead of the complete kit from Magnuson? Would you be considered an installer that would get us the warranty Magnuson offers or no? Same boat as if I installed myself with no warranty, even if using their tune is my understanding? Not sure who exactly can install and get their warranty.

You are a bit further than would be convenient but who knows when the time comes ha. I've enjoyed reading your progress in all of your posts. Good luck with your endeavor!

Sponsored

rmnpjunky

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 392
Considering my current experience with my SC, I would definitively have loved to work with you and your tuning ability !

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator

id absolutely consider it. I havent been able to get the time to do mine, and now that i have to deploy again, its become a who knows when

Wrathis79

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2003 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Aerospace/Defense

I just purchased a 2021 Mojave and am seriously considering Supercharging it. I've read through all of your posts on it am considering what you're offering here. However, to get the warranty I believe it needs to be installed by a recognized Magnuson shop, of which there are a few in the Dallas area. In speaking with people I've heard that catalytic converters are burning out and I certainly don't want to risk that either. Overall I really want to SC it, but want to do it in the safest, most reliable way possible with the least amount of risk. It seems your tuning capability exceeds that of Magnuson's tune, but I'm not sure how to go about getting a warrantied install with your tune all without voiding Magnuson's warranty. :(

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
I just purchased a 2021 Mojave and am seriously considering Supercharging it. I've read through all of your posts on it am considering what you're offering here. However, to get the warranty I believe it needs to be installed by a recognized Magnuson shop, of which there are a few in the Dallas area. In speaking with people I've heard that catalytic converters are burning out and I certainly don't want to risk that either. Overall I really want to SC it, but want to do it in the safest, most reliable way possible with the least amount of risk. It seems your tuning capability exceeds that of Magnuson's tune, but I'm not sure how to go about getting a warrantied install with your tune all without voiding Magnuson's warranty. :(
ACS technician can do the installation.

From Magnuson website:
The installation of the Magnuson Products, LLC Supercharger System must be conducted by: a certified new car dealership, a certified Magnuson Products, LLC installer, or by an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) as an automotive repair facility with a valid business license.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Yes, but if I'm not mistaken, the warranty only applies when you use the Magnuson tune regardless of who turns the wrenches.
Sponsored