Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Load these charts and channels into your scanner. This will give a clear picture of what is happening. Your MAP is low. it should be around 22 PSI as that is absolute. If you subtract 14 psi from it that puts you around 8-9 psi which is what I have seen with that tuning
Sponsored

Attachments

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my truck my truck at similar load and rpm at about 3/4 throttle. you will notice significant throttle drop for the first two gears. That is to save the trans, once airflow is limited I let it ride.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 1619671727588

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks Dave, I am in the process of learning VCM Scan and the charts I want to read. I loaded that pic for a reason and you clarified it for me. The pressure is not right. I also noticed you aircharge to differ than mine. My numbers seem to fall too soon and not reach it full potential/capability or what it is supposed to do from the tune. I am curious if the wastegate is opening to soon or if its a ECU thing. My tazer is also not connecting right. I cannot access it now. I did the other day even with the tuned ecu.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dave, I am in the process of learning VCM Scan and the charts I want to read. I loaded that pic for a reason and you clarified it for me. The pressure is not right. I also noticed you aircharge to differ than mine. My numbers seem to fall too soon and not reach it full potential/capability or what it is supposed to do from the tune. I am curious if the wastegate is opening to soon or if its a ECU thing. My tazer is also not connecting right. I cannot access it now. I did the other day even with the tuned ecu.
There is no waste gate. There is a bypass valve but that should stay shut as long as manifold pressure is 0 kpa or above. Power is managed by the torque demand tables. I found a number of control strategies from the throttle, timing, VVT, transmission, and fueling, that could use modification, and I did modify. Depending on how the VVT and torque demand are tuned on Magnuson's latest offering. It may bleed boost to stay under a 100kpa until significant throttle is introduced. If the airflow tables are not significantly modified, the throttle goes unstable at part throttle and causes a stuttering. Once you do that mod then the trans needs modded so it does not try to execute shifts at elevated power levels at part throttle.

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Wastegate/bypass valve... lol you know what I meant. But yes after looking at the numbers, and researching the same issue with this supercharger and what others have come across, I'm believing the bypass valve to be faulty. I have 100 miles on this and have noticed it since day 1. I'll be getting with magnuson on this but unfortunately it'll be a week from now.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Thanks Dave, I am in the process of learning VCM Scan and the charts I want to read.
You are better off than I am, I don't have a PC. I only own MACs, this will force me to get my mechanic to pull data if I need to share it.

I even talked to the HP Tuners engineers at Jeep Beachand they swear that the difference in the operating systems, they can't make their tuning software work on a MAC.

Does it require much CPU and memory? I have small laptop that I had bought for my daughter for school, but it couldn't support her software needs this year. I am wondering if it might be capable enough to run the HP Scan.

Hopefully, I don't need to share much. Still 1 month till I can get the install done so I have time to figure it out. I am also hoping I don't need to tweak much. I will plug whatever Dave's latest tune for MT is at that time and see what I get.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel the tune is there I am just working in levels of boost and fueling at this point. I have found the transmission will protect itself if that tells you anything. It cuts fuel, throttle and timing if you wack it to hard, and if you get real stupid it throws it into neutral. So far 10 psi seems very doable long term and makes the truck feel nimble

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I feel the tune is there I am just working in levels of boost and fueling at this point. I have found the transmission will protect itself if that tells you anything. It cuts fuel, throttle and timing if you wack it to hard, and if you get real stupid it throws it into neutral. So far 10 psi seems very doable long term and makes the truck feel nimble
i was talking with a couple shops doing supercharger development; one for the Kraftwerks and one for the Magnuson. Both said 10psi was good to go all day long. Shop that did the Mag work said they had been running 12 for a long time, and lost the motor eventually at 15. I think 10 is probably my upper limit of comfort for now. Maybe 12 with meth. Maybe.

did you use tazer to activate the boost gauge function?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just go by the absolute kpa I take in the data, then take an atmosphere off of it to get gauge psi

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New release. I have not done the manual version yet so ping me if you need it.

Updates for this file.
1. Cht ton of transmission shift schedule tuning to use boost correctly at part throttle and avoid phantom shifting.
2. Lots of work to transmission torque management to handle elevated power levels during lockup and shifting
3. Work on 7 and 8 gear cruise. Was trying to get 8th in any cruise situation, but in my experience so far, the engine is just not happy below 1700 rpm, with any loading. for now, in higher gears it will select gears that keep it above 1800 rpm. this seems to just run cleaner and smoother. Fuel takes a bit of a hit.
4 Fuel enrichment work under all boost conditions. The programming for the most part did not have resolution or sometimes no enrichment settings at all, for PRratios above 1. I have rectified that and started getting better tuning in there. The resolution helps tune part throttle boost making transitions smoother.
5. Kickdown shift enrichment and timing. with this tune you can cruise easily in higher gears and then you can mash the pedal to leave you adversaries in the dust. This rapid 3 to 4 gear kick down and power hit is like nothing this drivetrain ever expected. A fair bit of tuning has gone into protection strategies with timing the trans and throttle model.
6. Last but not least. I have elevated the power level. the truck feels pretty nimble in most situations and has alot of useable power everywhere in the RPM band

Attachments

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I cant wait to get this thing on. Itll be interesting to see when i send you datalogs how my truck with extra cooling and VE mods compares to a more stock setup.

i wont have the InterChiller on right away, but the added radiator size, extra couple liters of coolant, and pump should make a difference.

banks intake with the ported and bladed TB and AWE should help it breath...

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I have given thought to adding everything you have but the interchiller

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yeah I have given thought to adding everything you have but the interchiller
the interchiller wont be on right away so comparing logs should tell us something, and from there the IC should just be keeping it consistent in hotter weather. I dont plan to tune extra power with it. I just want it as added buffer when its hot out.

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
the interchiller wont be on right away so comparing logs should tell us something, and from there the IC should just be keeping it consistent in hotter weather. I dont plan to tune extra power with it. I just want it as added buffer when its hot out.
so are you running this yet? Or waiting till the weekend?
Sponsored