Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

mellendic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
it was a piston ring land failure and dual cat failure. My guess is lambdas. The tune issue is weird. Wonder if someone at magnuson just fucked up?
any luck yet?

Advertisement

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
it was a piston ring land failure and dual cat failure. My guess is lambdas. The tune issue is weird. Wonder if someone at magnuson just fucked up?
I won't talk much about Magnuson, but I know that cam placement and timing required a fair bit of work on my part and a very intense dyno session. Cams are at positions required for what is usually full load when the engine is only at part load. Timing is similar. Also I am executing the airflow model very differently. I can sends graphs of my AFR. 14.9 at cruise 12.6 at partial accell and dip to 11.6 at wot tip in with a workback to 12.6.

rmnpjunky

First Name
J
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey all. This file has a bit more rapid power introduction. And more refinements in idle and shifting. It has what I call a start up gruffle. It may even stall upon first start but then it is good. I logged a trackhawk and it racks the cams and shakes the same way to get to idle rpm quicker without closed loop control. basically exhaust the rotor pressure on start up by leaving the exhaust valves open and then racking back to get compression. lower gears have pretty stiff engagements as I am tuning the transmission conservatively right now to hold the gears and not slip much.
Hi Dave - is this your latest and greatest iteration? I have been trying to deal with Magnuson but their tune keeps my Jeep oscillating between 2500 and 3500rpm - very annoying ! and it chews my tires !

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Hi Dave - is this your latest and greatest iteration? I have been trying to deal with Magnuson but their tune keeps my Jeep oscillating between 2500 and 3500rpm - very annoying ! and it chews my tires !
What are the details on your ride? I have been helping a couple of people. 2021s seem to have had a significant change in the OS. I am working currently to get a solution in place. I have tapped a few resources to understand what the changes are and what is my quickest route to resolution. If you have a 2020 or lower, the manual tune has updated a couple times. I also have different tunes depending on elevation. It really has been an eye opening experience, to see how finiky this software really is

Advertisement

Advertisement