Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ '20 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon ~ '19 BMW X3 M40i~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
We have not heard of any clutch or belt issues associated with the Manual transmission Gladiators. We have the same Magnuson systems on many manual transmission cars and trucks without issue.

Have any forum members with MT Gladiators been running this setup yet? I'm curious as to your experiences if you don't mind sharing.
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Have any forum members with MT Gladiators been running this setup yet? I'm curious as to your experiences if you don't mind sharing.
I am running a Magnuson with MT, but I hated the horrible stock clutch so much, I had a centerforce II which is rated for much higher horsepower and torque. I have had absolutely no issues related to the MT or clutch with the Magnuson.

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ '20 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon ~ '19 BMW X3 M40i~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
I am running a Magnuson with MT, but I hated the horrible stock clutch so much, I had a centerforce II which is rated for much higher horsepower and torque. I have had absolutely no issues related to the MT or clutch with the Magnuson.
Right on, thank you for the feedback, much appreciated

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This guy right.here is a trooper. Everyone with a 2021 can thank this guy. He took the bullet for you all. The 2021 is a completely different beast and the HP definition files are a bit out of date. It is getting close to hauling ass couple things to work out.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Up and running on @DAVECS1 tune. The thing hauls ass.
I hope youtruly are liking it. I am closing in on a transmission tune with fueling that I am dialing in, I am digging it, cannot wait to get it to you all.

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
I hope youtruly are liking it. I am closing in on a transmission tune with fueling that I am dialing in, I am digging it, cannot wait to get it to you all.
I'll be interested. Really hoping the tune provides an improved solution for the low RPM throttle stutter, as that is getting old.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tunes have no throttle stutter. I eliminated that a long time ago. These days I am mostly working on the shift schedule and optimizing the fueling around that new shift schedule, as these engines work a bit different, than others. The calibration is setup to try and maintain stoich as long as possible. So at part throttle, instead of utilizing fuel enrichment, to accelerate, it does mild enrichment to 14.5 and then down shifts to get back to 14.9. Many vehicle will lean on the fuel to accelerate and dip down to 13:1 or even into the 12s. I assume this is an emmissions strategy. If you floor it the enrichment comes on mostly like normal. So changing the shift points to get rid of the ambysmal tuning from jeep has been a project. I feel I am closing in on it though. It is nice to round a corner and cruis through the neighborhood and not get my head yanked off. Just the nice gentle whistle of forced induction, pulling me along😉 currently my biggest challenge is trying to make the calibration pull my 35s in 8th gear. I have seventh nailed down well, but 8th seems to only work at higher speeds and super low torque requests.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
My tunes have no throttle stutter. I eliminated that a long time ago. These days I am mostly working on the shift schedule and optimizing the fueling around that new shift schedule, as these engines work a bit different, than others. The calibration is setup to try and maintain stoich as long as possible. So at part throttle, instead of utilizing fuel enrichment, to accelerate, it does mild enrichment to 14.5 and then down shifts to get back to 14.9. Many vehicle will lean on the fuel to accelerate and dip down to 13:1 or even into the 12s. I assume this is an emmissions strategy. If you floor it the enrichment comes on mostly like normal. So changing the shift points to get rid of the ambysmal tuning from jeep has been a project. I feel I am closing in on it though. It is nice to round a corner and cruis through the neighborhood and not get my head yanked off. Just the nice gentle whistle of forced induction, pulling me along😉 currently my biggest challenge is trying to make the calibration pull my 35s in 8th gear. I have seventh nailed down well, but 8th seems to only work at higher speeds and super low torque requests.
im seeing the same with my 37’s. Over all, great driving tune though

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To All running a 18-20 automatic transmission. I believe I have a calibration that will smoothly pull 8th gear. I have yet to get into some hilly interstate in cruise. But I my smallish inclines here, it seems to do very well.

You may notice it shifts 5600-5800, on aggressive tip ins. Well with the additional torque I have built in to pull the truck in high gears it is getting all the air flow in and then some at that point. at 3/4 or so throttle it will run up to 6200. my guess is it is using the extra RPM to pull harder through a smaller straw.

Couple things to note. Once flashed, things will be wonky for a bit. Huge departure on two of the big three models. Been working on this for 4 months. The take off on the throttle has been a work in progress, trying to find were it does not lug off the line or jump to hard. When first flashed it has a tendency to jump, it smooths out after 4-5 good accelerations

See what you all think. If you need me to email it to you or walk you through it, let me know.

Attachments

Sponsored

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
To All running a 18-20 automatic transmission. I believe I have a calibration that will smoothly pull 8th gear. I have yet to get into some hilly interstate in cruise. But I my smallish inclines here, it seems to do very well.

You may notice it shifts 5600-5800, on aggressive tip ins. Well with the additional torque I have built in to pull the truck in high gears it is getting all the air flow in and then some at that point. at 3/4 or so throttle it will run up to 6200. my guess is it is using the extra RPM to pull harder through a smaller straw.

Couple things to note. Once flashed, things will be wonky for a bit. Huge departure on two of the big three models. Been working on this for 4 months. The take off on the throttle has been a work in progress, trying to find were it does not lug off the line or jump to hard. When first flashed it has a tendency to jump, it smooths out after 4-5 good accelerations

See what you all think. If you need me to email it to you or walk you through it, let me know.
Dave,
I have a 21 JT that I just put the Magnuson on and they did send me a second tune that's a ton better than the first one, but still want to run yours from what I'm reading. how would I go about doing that?

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
Did HP tuners reach out to you? How are the tunes different?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18-20 Automatic Trans Tune update.
might be worth trying on a 21 Auto machine, but I would take data and send it to me before driving to much as 2021 manuals are a whole new ball game.

1. Fixed tip in to be smoother.
2. This tune will not backshift until about 50% pedal. Supercharger pulls it with a new fuel enrichment strategy that sounds glorious as the supercharger makes really loud sounds.
3. On 35s and 4:10 I am in 8th gear most of the time when not beating on it.

things I will be improving:
1. In cruise it favors 7th gear and only does 8th every now and then
2. Tip in works well but still requires you to push slowly or it will hop to it, want it to be less touchy
3. part throttle acceleration enrichment, will be closer aligned to slight pedal movements to provide quicker smoother power response.

I have said this a couple times, but this is what I was expecting when I ordered my supercharger

NOTE: this has been asked a lot lately. You will need an HP Tuners MPV1 or MPVI2 that is capable of flashing (*.HPT) files to use my tune. The tuner Magnuson sends is locked to their (*.RTD) tunes and will not work with my stuff.

Attachments

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Y'all are tempting me to get this.... Does anybody have some data as far as real world speed on closer to factory trucks? 0-60, speedometer videos, etc? Seems like every review online the truck has 37s+ so it's probably much slower than one with 33s, for example.
Sponsored