Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Just received some instrumentation that will be going on this week. As I have pretty much jumped in the deep end on this tune
Oh man, now you are all in. Should really finish dialing in that tune.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Just received some instrumentation that will be going on this week. As I have pretty much jumped in the deep end on this tune
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 0407211629
Cant wait to drive your file. Be curious to see how close to a ruler line you got without that. I bet pretty darn close.

Cant wait to head out that way so we can tune in meth and pulley down.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I bought this and an exhaust gas analyzer. The WB calc on the Gladiator switches between real and calc at the most inoportune times. I also have a wirelesss tach on the way so I can sync it with HP data. I need to watch the cams and see if they are working right or a left over stock setting.

Hellcat2015

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gladiator, 2015 Hellcat
Occupation
Health Insurance Broker
lol, Nope not loaded. The Jeep cost more than the Cayenne. I was a car salesman for a while. Amazing what you learn. I rarely buy new, and you don't want to see me work a sales manager. It can get ugly. I can't count the number of times I have walked out.

The Nissan was on the same tire diameter, but you are right it did have better gearing. It also had 165K miles.

No way I am spending another 35K on this jeep. That is a quick way to throw away 30K.

Do I just need to re-gear? would that solve my power issue? Sorry, I love my Gladiator, but I would love it more with more low end torque.
Steve, call me. We have a great installer/dealer over here in Clearwater. Charlie Pixley of Charlies car care. He's also a fellow racer and fabricator. He's actively working with Dave as well. If you want someone with OCD to do your install like it was factory installed then he's your guy. Great person as well. His number is 727-559-0110 and just tell him you talked with Kevin or Dave on the Forum.. Your welcome to call me as well if you have any questions, I absolutely love my Magnuson and everything Dave has added and it's only get better. Make awesome power across the whole power band including great torque. My cell is 727-313-4468 Kevin

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Steve, call me. We have a great installer/dealer over here in Clearwater. Charlie Pixley of Charlies car care. He's also a fellow racer and fabricator. He's actively working with Dave as well. If you want someone with OCD to do your install like it was factory installed then he's your guy. Great person as well. His number is 727-559-0110 and just tell him you talked with Kevin or Dave on the Forum.. Your welcome to call me as well if you have any questions, I absolutely love my Magnuson and everything Dave has added and it's only get better. Make awesome power across the whole power band including great torque. My cell is 727-313-4468 Kevin
Kevin- what did you have to do to get the Banks intake to fit the blower?

Thnx

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my WB O2, exhaust temp sensor and tach in today and they all linked up to my phone wonderfully. To the dismay of my family. I went missing for about 5 hours. I have the engine dialed in pretty decent, I am happy with it. It has a whole new throttle pedal strategey. Was not sure if it would take it, but it did. The idled struggled a bit on start up but it had learned by the next stop at the end of my block. I have it down to the point you can feel the bypass close, tried to tune it out with cam timing but it takes away too much power. Speaking of cam timing. That was a huge undertaking, but I have a map I like now. It really cleans up how the jeep runs. I activated lean cruise, so when there is not much load it runs and idles at 14.9. at boosted cruise it runs 14.1, 5psi is around 11.8 and WOT boost 8psi it runs 12.4. mid boost really builds up intake air temps and cylinder temps, so I dumped fuel on it. At any rate I have given Magnuson first dibs on the file. If they don't plan to use it as is I will release it here. If I am already supplying files to you feel free to email or PM if you would like it.

IMG954040.jpg

0410211231.jpg

0410210950.jpg

0410211127.jpg

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Got my WB O2, exhaust temp sensor and tach in today and they all linked up to my phone wonderfully. To the dismay of my family. I went missing for about 5 hours. I have the engine dialed in pretty decent, I am happy with it. It has a whole new throttle pedal strategey. Was not sure if it would take it, but it did. The idled struggled a bit on start up but it had learned by the next stop at the end of my block. I have it down to the point you can feel the bypass close, tried to tune it out with cam timing but it takes away too much power. Speaking of cam timing. That was a huge undertaking, but I have a map I like now. It really cleans up how the jeep runs. I activated lean cruise, so when there is not much load it runs and idles at 14.9. at boosted cruise it runs 14.1, 5psi is around 11.8 and WOT boost 8psi it runs 12.4. mid boost really builds up intake air temps and cylinder temps, so I dumped fuel on it. At any rate I have given Magnuson first dibs on the file. If they don't plan to use it as is I will release it here. If I am already supplying files to you feel free to email or PM if you would like it.

IMG954040.jpg

0410211231.jpg

0410210950.jpg

0410211127.jpg
Sounds awesome Dave. Well done. If youre getting the IAT’s to come up on that kit, it means you’re making big power.

Well done brother.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Great job Dave! Sure is good to see all your hard work come together. You are a stand up guy to do all this work and offer it to the others.

Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
You're definitely the MVP of, at minimum, the Forced Induction section of this forum. Bravo.

MoparMan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Existence
Any concerns regarding the amount of torque being added? I thought the transmission for the 3.6 was only rated forn368 ft/lbs of torque?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The transmission has torque management. Pretty complicated TM, actually, that is set in each gear. On all tunes out the door I do not lift that TM. Now with that said there is no harm in exploiting those max values earlier in the RPM range which is what the supercharger allows you to do. Also transmission vs engine input torque can vary with torque converter speed and engagement which is also managed by the tcm.

I have loosened my truck up to "400 ft lbs". I put that in quotes because it differs gear to gear. You cannot apply that to 7 an 8 per say. Also load factor plays a big part. I am not seeing any advers affect at 8000 supercharged miles with my tunning.

To add to this, on of the issues I am chasing right now, is and intermittent timing plunge, that gives you a quick stutter of the engine during light loads. I am trying to track down if it is the trans or tc control causing me this issue. Once I solve this I will have a new file for release that is super smooth. The throttle pedal and throttle body track together really well and give you back that natural throttle feel. Just cuts on shifts and TQ management as it should.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
The transmission has torque management. Pretty complicated TM, actually, that is set in each gear. On all tunes out the door I do not lift that TM. Now with that said there is no harm in exploiting those max values earlier in the RPM range which is what the supercharger allows you to do. Also transmission vs engine input torque can vary with torque converter speed and engagement which is also managed by the tcm.

I have loosened my truck up to "400 ft lbs". I put that in quotes because it differs gear to gear. You cannot apply that to 7 an 8 per say. Also load factor plays a big part. I am not seeing any advers affect at 8000 supercharged miles with my tunning.

To add to this, on of the issues I am chasing right now, is and intermittent timing plunge, that gives you a quick stutter of the engine during light loads. I am trying to track down if it is the trans or tc control causing me this issue. Once I solve this I will have a new file for release that is super smooth. The throttle pedal and throttle body track together really well and give you back that natural throttle feel. Just cuts on shifts and TQ management as it should.
Very nice. Given the ZF scheme, if they label it at 360lbft id guess its probably actually good to 500-550 before failures actually start. They leave a pretty big margin.

My Timken’s arrived today. Thanks for posting. I wasnt expecting the box to be this small though hahahaha.

image.jpg

Last edited:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEW RELEASE
*As usual and always, no warranty, or product support is implied from me offering these files.
*To note if you have a Magnuson warranty chances are they may not honor it if you use my stuff

With all that out of the way. This is my hobby and I like doing it as such. So I will help especially if you have data. There may be delays as I am a husband, dad, and have a job. Also I like to do this when it is fun and I am in a good mood and not stressed. So. I think if you ask around I am decently responsive.

1. New file is a big departure from anything out there. It maps throttle completely different. Truck may have unstable idle for a short bit right after the flash. It should go away quickly and never come back. The system will be taking a big jump to the new settings

2. Completely new Variable Valvetrain mapping. This will keep things from being choppy while in steady state and accelerating.

3. Torque converter tuning has been done as it is tied in with the variable valve function and timing tables. I have had to tune all three to keep things smooth

4. Pedal mapping. the pedal is very modular, but much more lick a supercharged car. it may be touchy for some. I have dulled it down a bit.

5. Auto transmission tuning is closer to stock. I have kept a few of my tables in as I am not a big fan of how the jeep shifts going into corners. My stuff is not as good as I would like it but I prefer t over stock

6. Speaking of transmission. When it is cold and warming up you will notice the trans shifts clunky, if you get into the boost. I enabled stock warmup routine for the transmission. This snaps the clutches when cold and under boost it is very noticeable. the new tune is easily into boost under part throttle so you may feel this when you first pull out on to the highway. It goes away relatively quickly. I will try to improve it, but it is hard to tune as it goes away 5 minutes after start up

7. I do not have as many miles on this tune as others. So could be some situations I have not encountered. As always, happy to look at data if something gets weird.

8. Power is set conservative. This tune is setup so I can literally change one table and command more power.

I hope you all are as happy as I am when you try it. As always really appreciate any data back.

Couple things.
1. Made file for the Manual guys
2. If you need instructions on copying the tune to your truck read file, I have crib notes I can share if you PM me. I am not going to post them as it shows a bunch of representative tables and such that can be misconstrued.
Sponsored

Attachments