Manual Transmission Club

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
they put out 300-500 JT’s per day.. mine was in production he day gator started on the assembly line 10/21.. it was on a train to Texas by 10/25:muscle:

Lucky Bastard! I've been in D status for 2 weeks. Looks great, by the way!
Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Lucky Bastard! I've been in D status for 2 weeks. Looks great, by the way!
You waiting on gator? I know steel bumpers and bedliner has been a reasoning for delays.. D1 means all your material is ready for build. D to me says they are waiting on material fulfillment. It’ll come bud, and it’ll be worth the wait.. I didn’t go from D to D1 until after 4 weeks if that timeline makes you feel better.. D 9/24 , D1 10/18

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
You waiting on gator? I know steel bumpers and bedliner has been a reasoning for delays.. D1 means all your material is ready for build. D to me says they are waiting on material fulfillment. It’ll come bud, and it’ll be worth the wait.. I didn’t go from D to D1 until after 4 weeks if that timeline makes you feel better.. D 9/24 , D1 10/18

Oh hell I thought your assembly to delivery was 12 days?

I ordered a billet manual rubicon. Loaded with everything but a headliner and bedliner. And a negative on the steel bumper. Figured It would be a full replacement at some point in its life.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh hell I thought your assembly to delivery was 12 days?

I ordered a billet manual rubicon. Loaded with everything but a headliner and bedliner. And a negative on the steel bumper. Figured It would be a full replacement at some point in its life.
My assembly to delivery was 12 days. The dealership did their unloading and sale prep for 2 days before they called. :ontheloo:

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Awesome, that’s what I was hoping to hear, I've heard horror stories of 10-12mpg with lift and oversized tires (37”-40”). My commute is 3 miles each way and I have 3 other cars so that won’t matter to me. It’s really the long cross country trips where the range anxiety would creep in, but at 15mpg that’s not bad at all.

guess I’m getting 37” - Patagonia m/t or wildpeak m/t , we’ll see what deals I can find.
Tough to beat this deal.

I ordered 4...

They literally just came off the truck 20 minutes ago after a national back order.

59846C32-C19C-4AAB-80A8-393A9A87383E_1_201_a.jpeg

Sponsored

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Got mine a month ago. Took them 3 weeks. Is there a section for MT? I have some questions not sure about starting new forum as I am certain someone brought it up already. Kind of suck at searching :)

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
I ended up getting the 38's as I wanted the lower load rating (C) instead of (D). They were $249 at Walmart and America's Tire (Discount Tire) price matched. They should be here this week, shipping out of AZ.
I don't think they'll fit on stock ride height ... but i'll give it a try :)
Still figuring out which 3-3.5" lift to get.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Got mine a month ago. Took them 3 weeks. Is there a section for MT? I have some questions not sure about starting new forum as I am certain someone brought it up already. Kind of suck at searching :)
Lot of us here have them, ask away.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
38's with no lift fit just fine, no rubbing.
I would say the truck drives better with the bigger/heavier tires than the stock 33's, gearing is wider and the additional rotational mass keeps the truck from bucking at low rpm.
6th gear is now pointless, my speedo is off about 4 miles for every 30 mph.
It's like a wide ration 5spd.
nC2lANpQIufKXUURHoueamD4YNLmoSM5KIwo5sPKtaWR6CYGqj7WwzwWYAbi4RiQi_H7T1VmXCRmC6cHc=w1941-h1457-no.jpg

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After only a week I’ve rounded the first 1000 miles in my JTR 6spd with factory Falken M/Ts and am entirely impressed with the ride, more importantly the fuel economy. If you’re on the fence about a Jeep truck, I easily managed 19+ MPG between 70 & 75 MPH, but will say the best average economy I saw was 22 MPG with cruise set 67 MPH. This truck rocks !!

47AED789-FF1B-41FC-AF74-137A6BA65666.jpeg

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Manual Gladiator Rubicon in 1st gear 4WH doing some donuts at Hungry Valley OHV. Never put the clutch in, just hammered it in the turns and let off, over and over again. Stock Mud terrains with 18 psi. At the end, I took off on the sand hwy and got all the way into 3rd gear 4WH, but, the phone was down, and the white knuckles were out. Lots of fun !

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'd say you're in it!
My main gripe and it maybe me so want to know if you anyone else got this issue... So on my hunting property in the mud pit of a 'parking' lot if i throw 4x4 on i stole out unless i ride the clutch (which i hate doing). I do get a moving momentum and release the clutch at which point engine stops. Did not happen in my '16 wrangler. I do give it plenty of gas (or so i think)

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
My main gripe and it maybe me so want to know if you anyone else got this issue... So on my hunting property in the mud pit of a 'parking' lot if i throw 4x4 on i stole out unless i ride the clutch (which i hate doing). I do get a moving momentum and release the clutch at which point engine stops. Did not happen in my '16 wrangler. I do give it plenty of gas (or so i think)
On a slight incline, the only thing I noticed so far is "hill assist" requires more clutch work and gas than the same slight incline would require without hill assist.

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
On a slight incline, the only thing I noticed so far is "hill assist" requires more clutch work and gas than the same slight incline would require without hill assist.
Not sure how you mean. Seems the same as the last model and how do you compare the 2 anyway. I think what it comes down to is that 4x4 taxes power and without lower ratio available on MT short of ruby (which I think totally sucks and uncalled for) moving momentum has to be much higher to sustain the RPM. This makes for a crappy off road experience and short clutch life.
Sponsored