Max Tow Package Unofficial Model Name

Beastmaster

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, 1943 Willys MB and a Ural M70 mototcycle
Oh good grief, u beat me to that name. I saw that movie with my first wife and we were both howling in the theater.
I have the Max Tow for several reasons and just figure it's a nice Gladiator upgrade package., but the way some people throw the title around, I thought that was appropriate. ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
I would like to see the max tow with a factory extended range tank for those long hauls. It would only make sense to rename it the "camel tow"
Dang, now I really wish I'd held out for the YELLOW edition

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I get that it’s a nice option, but that’s all it really is. Comparing it to Rubicon’s is what drives me nuts. Someone asks for pics of a Rubicon with X size wheels, or a lift and wheels and 25 MAX TOW Trucks show up on the thread. It’s a sport with a HD tow package.
I can respect your choice for choosing the option if you tow heavy loads. Or wanted 4.10’s
And wanted to build something from it.
But I don’t think it needs to have a name.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Since Rubicon has its origins in Latin, how about Latin for Max Tow? Remulco Maximus.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest cable?

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Keep in mind, in those days all towing was done with a cable/rope (synonymous terms in those days) so yes, the most capable cable or rope tow is a loose translation.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
Many of us refer to the Max Tow Gladiator just like other models (ie Rubicon) but we didn't get a name.

This is despite the Max Tow not being a simple option. You can't get a Rubicon or Overland Max Tow!

So let's come together and name it like Jeep should have!

My initial thoughts were these:

Myrmillo - type of gladiator that needed to be a bigger frame or larger muscled gladiator due to carrying heavier gear into battle

Carpophorus - name of a specific gladiator that was known for his renown in fighting and slaying beasts ( this can be a nod to other brands' offerings being named after animals/beasts)

Or we can keep with the naming convention of other models in Jeeps lineup and name it after trails or locations. Older western American trade routes or Overland trails.

The Oregon
The Santa Fe - already taken by a Hyundai
The California

Lets hear your ideas. Once we've had a ton of input I'll follow up with a voting post.

Feel free to include your opinion as well if you just prefer "max tow".

Cheers,
Mick
You have far too much time on your hands. You didn't get a Rubi like the cool kids...get over it.

OP
OP

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
You have far too much time on your hands. You didn't get a Rubi like the cool kids...get over it.
It's great that you have enough disposable income to buy a vehicle (rubicon) Good for you.

Based on your attack on the community of max tow owners with your "cool kids" statement however, my suggestion is to mature out of the "kid" state. This is an enthusiast forum and we should all be supporting each other. Please grow up.

Your post is embarrassing to you. I feel sorry for you that it is forever on the internet.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
How about the Gladiator Shadow

Because it’s always in the Rubicon’s shadow!!!

I kid, I kid. Don’t come out of the shadows to attach me!

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I believe in the middle eastern countries they get the "Camel Tow" version.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Just call your jeep whatever you want. I do.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Many of us refer to the Max Tow Gladiator just like other models (ie Rubicon) but we didn't get a name.

This is despite the Max Tow not being a simple option. You can't get a Rubicon or Overland Max Tow!

So let's come together and name it like Jeep should have!
What's in a name?

The name is Sport or Sport S depending on which trim you purchased and added the MT package too for around $1,000K. The package contents are not unique.

The Rubicon, as standard equipment, has what the Sport/Sport S offer as an option in the MT package. The couple/few things that aren't standard, you add as part of the tow package for 300 bucks. So again not exclusive.

We all know why the max tow on a rubi is 7K (A very negligible difference to Sport w/MT) so there is no need to spell that out.

You characterize Max Tow option incorrectly when comparing it to a Rubicon. The Rubicon is a standalone trim. Not a box you check on a sport, sport s, or overland trim that turns it into a Rubicon. That is a big difference from max tow.

Max tow is the box you check to add the option. This is no different when you add (check the box) for the auxiliary group, technology group or cold weather group etc. Add the option but the trim is still what it is (in this case Sport or Sport S).

To me, Gladiators are Gladiators. Regardless if it's optioned with max tow package or is a higher or lower trim.

End of the day when you are driving down the road. Does anyone care about the options? The name?

The fascination about Jeeps, is the creativity and individualism the owners put into their machines, not the factory names or options!

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Then Mojave is one hell of an option package! I wonder if the dealer would sell me the frame, etc........
$4895.00 it can be yours! funny thing is the sport frame is more expensive? $5535.00

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
There's this girl that's been on my mind
All the time, Sussusudicon oh oh

Follow the rest here: sussudio lyrics - Bing