Metalcloak lift

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
I have the MC 3.5 gc on a Rubicon, it also is slightly squat in the rear..(it's bugging me) only thing in the bed is my spare 37 and wheel. I'm strongly considering 4 1/2 in RK springs all around, as I'll likely be doing 38's or possibly 39's with a regear next year, but may go ahead and do the taller springs with these 37's - trying to envision what that extra height will look like on 37's, don't think it would look funny or bad, just bigger in the wheel well until I can get funding together for the larger tires and regear. I too prefer some rake.
Sponsored

bjdenning

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR
Just got the 3.5" GC. Wanted the 1350 front drive shaft. Adam's doesn't ask for a measurement. Can I order before installing the lift (so I can install all at once) or should I wait till after and get a measurement ?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got the 3.5" GC. Wanted the 1350 front drive shaft. Adam's doesn't ask for a measurement. Can I order before installing the lift (so I can install all at once) or should I wait till after and get a measurement ?
That's what I went with, Adams 1350 extreme duty. I would go ahead and grab a measurement before ordering, so you can do everything when you're getting lift installed. Make sure you are selecting the right 1350 front for sport, overland, or rubicon - a little further down the page they have this diagram for the measurement they want.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 11.11.38 AM.png

bjdenning

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR
That's what I went with, Adams 1350 extreme duty. I would go ahead and grab a measurement before ordering, so you can do everything when you're getting lift installed. Make sure you are selecting the right 1350 front for sport, overland, or rubicon - a little further down the page they have this diagram for the measurement they want.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 11.11.38 AM
Wouldn't the lift change the measurement once installed? How can I assure correct length, before the lift is install, or is it pretty standard?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't the lift change the measurement once installed? How can I assure correct length, before the lift is install, or is it pretty standard?
I don't know that the lift would actually change that measurement (pls forgive, I'm a software geek).. but I just remember when I originally ordered my GC kit, I also ordered Metalcloak's HD driveshaft. It would have been fine, but just wanted the Adams. So, ended up RMA'ing the Metalcloak one - took the measurement (pre-lift) Adams wanted and ordered theirs. Took all the parts to my shop here in GA and had them install everything at once. No issues at full droop - no vibrations. I will eventually replace the rear as well.. may be overkill but figure it wouldn't be a bad thing to have extreme duty front and rear. + I believe their rear 1350 is one piece, eliminating one possible point of failure.

Sponsored

Camel429

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How much actual lift front and back did you get?
I didn’t really check to see. I was running a spacer lift before I changed to this set up. Here is pictures of a stock one with wheel spacers next to mine with a few measurements. I got -38 offset on the wheels vs 1.75in wheel soacers
How much actual lift front and back did you get?
[/QUOTE
651508E3-A833-4F17-9B28-4390E87357D8.jpeg

8C24B011-1603-40EA-93E0-F90D1BF922E1.jpeg

C1ADAAD2-6388-414F-92C7-636C1833F832.jpeg

6BAE2B1B-A7D8-4C8A-B8FE-4E2F43B206ED.jpeg

8BCB716D-5C72-4099-ACDF-7080BA5AF639.jpeg

EC5AF1C3-FE27-4D61-A66B-7EC7FAEF0CAD.jpeg

39E3CB44-0070-40DE-9369-6B2A2CA892FE.jpeg

68C82E45-A2E6-4D66-8FEC-B9C8BFD9F333.jpeg

76C4A8A2-70DC-43E9-9AF5-29662EB3F491.jpeg

NHFD01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2021 4XE Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
@CanadianJT as you wanted. JT Rubicon with a MetalCloak lift. The only thing with any substantial weight in the bed is a 39x13.5R17 KM3 spare, pushed all the way to the front of the bed.

It does sag slightly the tire in the bed, its likely more noticeable with the Rubicon front fenders being higher than the rear. I've always felt like the progressive coils might be too soft in the first phase.

Here is a photo I took tonight in its natural habitat -- The grocery store.
Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 76C4A8A2-70DC-43E9-9AF5-29662EB3F491

Side view.

Bubble level, you can see with the spare tire, it does sag a bit.
What backspacing are your wheels?

Sponsored

NHFD01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Is a 40" tire just too much tire for the 3.5 GC lift?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Is a 40" tire just too much tire for the 3.5 GC lift?
Depends on your flares. You would have to either have aftermarket flares or oem high flares and split them to accommodate the uptravel of the 40’s.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
I'm a big fan of Metal Cloak but after reading this thread I'm not sure what to do now! I had wanted the Game Changer Lift but seeing that the True Dual Rate kit shares the same components, I may just opt for that and upgrade the factory control arms at a later time when the budget permits! I have also considered the Mopar lift kit and just add a Track bar and Control arms as well. Has anyone considered the Mopar over the MC kit or vice versa? What are others opinions on the 2 kits? I'm also not sure if I should go with the RockSport Shocks or the Fox Shock similar to what comes in the Mopar kit. I have played around with a couple different configs and I have them listed out.

Mopar Kit w/ MC F&R Trackbars and UCAs - $1853
MC TDR Kit w/ RockSport Shocks - $1743
MC TDR Kit w/ Fox Shocks(2.0 Performance IFP) - $2057

NHFD01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
I'm a big fan of Metal Cloak but after reading this thread I'm not sure what to do now! I had wanted the Game Changer Lift but seeing that the True Dual Rate kit shares the same components, I may just opt for that and upgrade the factory control arms at a later time when the budget permits! I have also considered the Mopar lift kit and just add a Track bar and Control arms as well. Has anyone considered the Mopar over the MC kit or vice versa? What are others opinions on the 2 kits? I'm also not sure if I should go with the RockSport Shocks or the Fox Shock similar to what comes in the Mopar kit. I have played around with a couple different configs and I have them listed out.

My personal opinion MC over Mopar everyday for on road and off-road capabilities, don’t forget MC on holidays 10% off and free shipping. Customer service is unmatched also

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

Here’s my thoughts… the mopar kit isn’t bad but it gives you the same flex as factory on the arms. The MC joints is where it’s at with the comfort of factory ride but the flex of a Johnny style joint with low maintenance. It was so revolutionary that now rock krawler and Teraflex has came out with tiger versions.

IMO the reason I went to MC is the joints and their customer service. On the internet you get to read all the bad stuff but hardly hear the good stuff Here’s something good… I had a front swaybar link go bad. Torn boot and was clicking. After sending some pictures in, I was emailed a tracking number for a new link. I had it quickly and they sent me a pair vs 1 Link. I had my lift over a year. Try that with any other company and you would be told kick rocks.
Sponsored