First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Manual
Occupation
A&P
Hey guys! Damn, just took 2 hours to read through this thread... lol. A lot of AWESOME insight to this lift. I think I have decided on the following for my setup: Metalcloak front end (control arms, sway bar end links, track bar), metalcloak rear lower control arms, rock crawler 4 link kit (axle truss and the two rear upper control arms), and clayton offroad springs as well as the other misc lift components (brake lines etc). Still undecided on shocks. I had an AEV kit on my Jeep with the bilstein 5100 and those rode decent enough, but the rocksports are such a hard deal to beat in terms of the downtravel they allow. Any insight? My rubi is leveled right now so I will have the puck to do any adjustment once my JCR bumper and winch is added. Thanks!
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys! Damn, just took 2 hours to read through this thread... lol. A lot of AWESOME insight to this lift. I think I have decided on the following for my setup: Metalcloak front end (control arms, sway bar end links, track bar), metalcloak rear lower control arms, rock crawler 4 link kit (axle truss and the two rear upper control arms), and clayton offroad springs as well as the other misc lift components (brake lines etc). Still undecided on shocks. I had an AEV kit on my Jeep with the bilstein 5100 and those rode decent enough, but the rocksports are such a hard deal to beat in terms of the downtravel they allow. Any insight? My rubi is leveled right now so I will have the puck to do any adjustment once my JCR bumper and winch is added. Thanks!
Make sure you also read the Rock Krawler threads.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The RockSport shocks allow a lot of down-travel because they offer almost no additional up-travel. Maximum flex, no additional headroom for bottoming out. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to you. Personally, I think they're a great buy for a Wrangler but in a truck, I don't plan on this being a crawler and would like more up-travel to soak up bumps.

I've always been of the opinion that spending $4k on a suspension to install $600 shocks is a bit foolish but people have different needs. If you crawl you don't need good shocks as much but at speed, the money is very well invested in good shocks.

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The RockSport shocks allow a lot of down-travel because they offer almost no additional up-travel. Maximum flex, no additional headroom for bottoming out. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to you. Personally, I think they're a great buy for a Wrangler but in a truck, I don't plan on this being a crawler and would like more up-travel to soak up bumps.

I've always been of the opinion that spending $4k on a suspension to install $600 shocks is a bit foolish but people have different needs. If you crawl you don't need good shocks as much but at speed, the money is very well invested in good shocks.
FWIW I havenā€™t had any issues with the Rocksports on-road, if thatā€™s what your referring too. We donā€™t do much Bajaā€™ing in Ohio lol, but no complaints from the shocks on the sh!t roads we get from ice and salt.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
FWIW I havenā€™t had any issues with the Rocksports on-road, if thatā€™s what your referring too. We donā€™t do much Bajaā€™ing in Ohio lol, but no complaints from the shocks on the sh!t roads we get from ice and salt.
Nah it's more that I live in AZ and through the desert with a load, I've felt my rears hit a few times stock and the MC shocks (on paper at least) don't give any more room once you properly set the bumps. I don't need insane articulation like I'd want in a Wrangler so it's likely I'll end up shaving and inch or inch and a half off total length when I finally commit to the 2.5s so I can get a bit more room.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I'm pretty sure it's covered already but anyone running Nitto RG 37" spare at the spare location with their Dual rate or GC lift? Does the MC rear trackbar have any interference aired up? I'm planning on a trip next month and will finally purchase the spare.

bl1ndman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTR EcoDiesel
Does anyone live is the rust belt have the metalcloak control arms? I live in Canada and I am wondering how the finish holds up with having salt and sand on the roads for half the year.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Does anyone live is the rust belt have the metalcloak control arms? I live in Canada and I am wondering how the finish holds up with having salt and sand on the roads for half the year.
I live in I guess the lower part of the rust belt (New Jersey) as well as lived in Connecticut for 5 years.

The MC arms on my JK have a bit of surface rust, but thats it. I could take an afternoon and clean them and make them look almost brand new. I cant say the same about other lifts as I do not have first hand experience with them besides the RK pro-x 4-link kit, which honestly looks the same as my MC after only 8 months on the road with no salt/snow this past winter.

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Gladiator Cloaked! Metalcloak Gamechanger with RockSport shocks. 37 inch Ridge Grapplers.

IMG_20210506_123351.jpg

IMG_20210506_123345.jpg

IMG_20210506_123402.jpg

IMG_20210504_113327.jpg

Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I had TJ control arms when I was in Ontario years ago. Over a couple of years the only rust was where they were scratched and little rust pits where likely crap from the roads flung up. Nothing like some after market control arms where they're totally rusted after a couple of winters

Jason57

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT (2021 JT on order)
Any of you running Fox (Reservoir or 2.0...not rubicon or Mojave with extenders) or Falcon shocks with the 3.5ā€ Game Changer? If so, what part numbers are you using? Nothing lines up with the dimensions of the Rocksport shocks on metalcloakā€™s website, so looking for any insight.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure it's covered already but anyone running Nitto RG 37" spare at the spare location with their Dual rate or GC lift? Does the MC rear trackbar have any interference aired up? I'm planning on a trip next month and will finally purchase the spare.
NItto 37 TGs. Full size spare. 3.5" MC GC. The tire rubs on the track bar. It's not real bad so I have just left it alone. I have considered getting the Clayton track bar that is designed for larger spares. Looks like a good solution.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Rummie I did install my tire 2 weeks ago and it did touch the TB. Iā€™m pretty sure after several months, metal will be exposed. I plan to wrap it with clear film. Other than that, no issues besides the slanted appearance which doesnā€™t bother me since itā€™s just a spare.

14B09519-1B94-4D51-98A8-BCF5C10B79F2.jpeg

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Any of you running Fox (Reservoir or 2.0...not rubicon or Mojave with extenders) or Falcon shocks with the 3.5ā€ Game Changer? If so, what part numbers are you using? Nothing lines up with the dimensions of the Rocksport shocks on metalcloakā€™s website, so looking for any insight.
Rear fox 985-24-219
Front fox 985-24-181
Sponsored