Mods you regret

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Rain cover... I’m sure it a fine product, but I just don’t think I need it. But my wife really thought I should have one so I added it to my Christmas wish list and she got it for me. It’s still in a bag in the garage.
This is my one as well. Specifically because I got the mopar one and not an aftermarket. The Mopar is pretty terrible in that it won't really work with a top (I finagle it to work with the soft top but it's not great). Really wish I had went with the raingear one that has a little bit more give since my summer mode is to keep the soft top available for safari mode for rain. Saved me more times than I can cound.
Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I just put a 35x11.50 on my Mojave. I wish they were a true 35 and not the 34” actual on the vehicle. Would be perfect.

I think 37s would be fine around town and even off road in 4lo. I didn’t try them out because I was worried about performance when it was loaded or trying to tow. I didn’t want to regear or pay for new rims right now. But the 35s make mine shift much better. Looks better too. Guess I regret not putting them in sooner. I hated the way it shifted the first 3 months I had it.
which ones did you get in 35x11.50? toyo open country AT3?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
One less costly mistake was the cheap amazon LED bulbs. Don't get me wrong they were decent, but it feels like $40 wasted after I went with Oracle headlights and fog lights. Output is so much better. The cheap bulbs were better, but I feel like I should have just done a buy once cry once

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm running 37x12.50 tires. If I buy tires again, I would go with 37x13.50. 12.50 looks a bit skinny for 37s.

Sponsored

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Rugged Ridge Winch Plate. Saved me a few dollars but didn't come with the fairlead cover plate and after installing it 2x I still need to pull it back off and drill new holes to place the winch where I want it. The fairlead cover is $40 and with the amount of my time I've spent (which isn't super valuable) I should've just bought the Warn/ Mopar/ Maximus-3 mount and been done with it.
For that matter, I might add the Rubicon 'winch ready' steel bumper to the list. If it's going to cost $300 to actually make it hold a winch, you'll probably come out better with an aftermarket bumper vs paying up front for the steel one.

Marine2947

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Military
This is my fourth Jeep, so I have learned a lot from previous mistakes. No regrettable mods yet on my JT.

On the TJ: tube steps and tube bumpers. Oof. They were replaced in less than a year. Expensive mistake.

On the first JKU: Nothing that I can really recall. I only owned it for a little over a year.

On the second JKU: The 50” light bar. Loud and never used. I took it off almost as soon as I put it on. Never again.

The only thing I regret about the JT is not regearing much sooner than I did when I bought 37s.
What did you regear to?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Last Jeep - Installed a CB and immediately, my Jeep club switched to GMRS. I'm not sure I ever even used the CB.
Is there any use for a GMRS outside of closed events like Jeep clubs? Are GMRS radios being used by the general public like CB?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
So does the mopar trifold not give access to the whole bed. I have the Backflip hard trifold and have no issues using the entire back of my bed with the cover folded up.
the mopar hard trifold does fold up but is unsupported when folded all the way up...it literally sites against the back glass of the hard top...and would flop right down if you started to move. So essentially you loose that entire third of the bed sire its unable to stay up all the time. If I remember right the backflip has little bars on either side that hold it verticle when opened all the way. Mopar shat the bed with their design IMO, but the soft rolling is superior to all other as far as I'm concerned. Stays tight, more water proof than the hard, and rolls completely out of the way. Also does need any track or silly velcro to be used.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My first bed tire carrier to fit the 37” spare tire I bought from Armordillo @ cost $100 is my only mistake so far. There is nothing wrong with the product, but after more careful thought, I did not like the way it would seat so high over the bed. The 37” could work as a pendulum and did not want take a chance this to happen during a downhill turn in a slippery road. I made the brackets to tie the tire carrier into the bed rails, but afterwards I never used. Now I’m using Rugged Ridge bed tire carrier and I love everything in this product.

036CAE53-C1D1-4E2C-9E90-5EE2B9922F5B.jpeg
FWIW, you might be able to get your bed back. I have a JTR on 37" Toyo R/T's with Black Rhino Madness wheels. I deflated the spare tire to about 20# and slapped it back into the under bed storage spot.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar grab handles. Hate them. They flip and hit the window everytime you hit a bump. Very annoying. Going take the off the next time I have the top off.