First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Did you finish mounting this bumper? I’m looking at this same bumper for my Mojave.
Did you ever get this bumper? Curious if it installs with the factory skid plate ..
Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I picked up the Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper for my Mojave. (I went with this one because: 1. For looks. 2. The weight. I didn’t want to put anything too heavy on especially considering I planned to put a winch on as well.) I was a little worried about it fitting without modification. It went on great! I did have some issues with the Mojave skid plate. I attached the rear screws first. I was only able to get one screw into the front of the skid plate. The winch plate on the bumper prevented the holes from lining up properly. A couple weeks later I installed the Badland Apex 12,000lb winch. (Note, I did have to relocate the wiring that comes out of the back of the winch because it was too tight against the grille. Not too difficult.) I did have to remove the skid plate to install the winch. When putting the skid plate back on, much to my surprise, everything lined up perfectly. I figured out what I had done differently. I attached the two front screws first and then the 4 back screws. It went on without any difficulty. And I absolutely love the look of it!

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers BB7A8539-14EB-44D0-814F-CD9C900EA061

Sponsored

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers 9A337265-3D0F-4E32-8B9B-B512C6F85011

fab fours front Lifestyle bumper smittybilt winch and factor 55 flat link. Reused the Mojave skid plate but had to shift it down and use the lower holes to mount it back up. A little gap on the sides but acceptable.

Arduckman65

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Accountant
I am in the process of mounting a Venator bumper on my Mojave. The Skid plate mounts that the reservoirs attach to are going to be the issue for this bumper.

*** Update ** after sleeping on it last night, and staring at the brackets all day on my desk while I was working, I found a cleaner (somewhat) solution, plus no welding is needed so most can do it this way as long as you have even the cheap hand grinder from Harbor freight. I ended up notching the factory brackets to fit around the lower winch support bar instead of chopping and welding the two sets of brackets. This allows me to attach them both with all the holes they are designed with and not have to worry about stich welding the brackets. I also had to remove most of the nutsert heads (the inside edge of both frame horns) to allow the new bumper brackets and the winch support bracket to mount (it is designed for the sport I think that won't have the nutserts). I then put the factory skid brackets on top of the bar and bolted it all to the truck. Will get some pictures in the daylight tomorrow. I need to find something without chopping the factory skid plate now to protect the reservoirs, and I think it will be completed. I have updated this post with a copy of the template I made off of one of the brackets showing the area I notched to fit the bracket around the bumper support bar.

template.jpg
I've got the same bumper to install on my Mojave. Did you end up keeping the factory skid plate protecting the front resevoir? I'd love to see a few pics. Thanks for the diagram

ArmyRXP

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
IT
I picked up the Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper for my Mojave. (I went with this one because: 1. For looks. 2. The weight. I didn’t want to put anything too heavy on especially considering I planned to put a winch on as well.) I was a little worried about it fitting without modification. It went on great! I did have some issues with the Mojave skid plate. I attached the rear screws first. I was only able to get one screw into the front of the skid plate. The winch plate on the bumper prevented the holes from lining up properly. A couple weeks later I installed the Badland Apex 12,000lb winch. (Note, I did have to relocate the wiring that comes out of the back of the winch because it was too tight against the grille. Not too difficult.) I did have to remove the skid plate to install the winch. When putting the skid plate back on, much to my surprise, everything lined up perfectly. I figured out what I had done differently. I attached the two front screws first and then the 4 back screws. It went on without any difficulty. And I absolutely love the look of it!

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers 9A337265-3D0F-4E32-8B9B-B512C6F85011

Can you post something me pics from the front? Also did you use your OEM fogs? Also a pic of the front cam to see how much interference there is. Thanks.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you post something me pics from the front? Also did you use your OEM fogs? Also a pic of the front cam to see how much interference there is. Thanks.
Here’s a couple pics from the front:
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers 30E0D7E1-EAE1-480A-993A-F2788A7E4D3E
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers 3290EAF9-779B-49CD-8220-5C428D9919B7

Yes, I did use the OEM fog lights.

I expected the X Striker to obstruct the view of the cam more than it does. It’s very easy to look past.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers E0BAD908-CF92-4B47-8B2B-42A48D17956E

Hope that helps! I’d love to see yours when you get it installed. Definitely a two person job. Let me know if you have any struggles with the install. I might be able to help.

ArmyRXP

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
IT
Here’s a couple pics from the front:
30E0D7E1-EAE1-480A-993A-F2788A7E4D3E.jpeg
3290EAF9-779B-49CD-8220-5C428D9919B7.jpeg

Yes, I did use the OEM fog lights.

I expected the X Striker to obstruct the view of the cam more than it does. It’s very easy to look past.
E0BAD908-CF92-4B47-8B2B-42A48D17956E.jpeg

Hope that helps! I’d love to see yours when you get it installed. Definitely a two person job. Let me know if you have any struggles with the install. I might be able to help.

That does help, no way to get approval from the wife as it is her truck, LOL. Thank so for the pics. Also what is the distance between the bars just above the fairlead as I have a light bar I would like to install there too. It’s a 20” double row.

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers E0BAD908-CF92-4B47-8B2B-42A48D17956E
That is a GREAT looking bumper and one of the best I’ve seen. Do you know the approximate weight?

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That does help, no way to get approval from the wife as it is her truck, LOL. Thank so for the pics. Also what is the distance between the bars just above the fairlead as I have a light bar I would like to install there too. It’s a 20” double row.
From bar to bar it's about 19" depending on where you're measuring from. The distance between the tow hooks that the shackles are attached to is 28" inches.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is a GREAT looking bumper and one of the best I’ve seen. Do you know the approximate weight?
The approximate weight of the full length bumper is 60 lbs.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-full-width-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-gladiator-jt

The X Striker that I have attached adds roughly 15 lbs.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...angler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt-hd-front-bumper

They do have a stubby version that is a few pounds lighter.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-stubby-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt

And they do have a single bar they call the Over Rider.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...angler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt-hd-front-bumper

I really liked the look of the full length bumper with the X Striker. I've only seen that exact set-up on one other Jeep in person. Rugged Ridge makes a good bumper. You can read my review on Quadratec. Only complaint I had was the way the inner bolts attach. It was a bit of a headache. But once the bolts caught the threads, it fits beautifully.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
The approximate weight of the full length bumper is 60 lbs.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-full-width-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-gladiator-jt

The X Striker that I have attached adds roughly 15 lbs.

They do have a stubby version that is a few pounds lighter.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-stubby-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt

And they do have a single bar they call the Over Rider.

I really liked the look of the full length bumper with the X Striker. I've only seen that exact set-up on one other Jeep in person. Rugged Ridge makes a good bumper. You can read my review on Quadratec. Only complaint I had was the way the inner bolts attach. It was a bit of a headache. But once the bolts caught the threads, it fits beautifully.
Thanks for the detailed info!! And by the way, LOVE your artwork as well! I have a great fondness for snakes, and rattlesnakes are amongst my favorites. The Mojave rattlesnake is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Mojave gladiator, and plan to make the snake part of the theme of my truck as well. Congrats on building a beautiful truck!!
Sponsored