Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
What the finish warranty on everyone else’s bumpers?

i read that as being an optional extra that you can get but haven’t seen a finish warranty on anything else. Considering how often you see stuff trusting within the first year because the powdercoat wasn’t applied well I’d say that speaks volumes to say that there quality is good enough to be able to offer an additional warranty on where as most don’t offer anything for finish past the regular return period.
If they are so confident in the quality the one year warranty would come standard. The extra $125 covers the cost of refinishing it. If that is the case as I suspect it is, your better off not buying the “warranty“ and keeping your money in your pocket. Heck, if your finish lasts a few years and then goes, you can get it refinished at that point.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The rear bumper got hit on my Overland today. My Jeep is basically stock with bigger tires, rather than pay my deductible, make an insurance claim, and have a bad carfax, I’m thinking about aftermarket steel bumper options that have a stock looking appearance. It makes less sense if it’s much over $500.

I know there are rear bumper threads, but not many have been updated in a while as I know the aftermarket is starting to catch up on the gladiators.

On a related note, if anyone has a stock take off with back up sensor accommodations, in the NC area, I’m very interested. I don’t care if it’s from a sport, overland, or rubicon.
My sports got rear ended at low speed, bumper was barely bent i. (I couldnt see it but mechanic could) and hitch was only scuffed. But, when the shop looked at it they saw a bracket for the trailer hitch apparatus was bent. So glad I filed a claim because I needed a new bumper, hitch, and bracket all from an impact of a Nissan Altima moving from near stop (accelerating thinking I was going to go instead of checking for oncoming traffic as I left the exit ramp of a highwY)

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
My sports got rear ended at low speed, bumper was barely bent i. (I couldnt see it but mechanic could) and hitch was only scuffed. But, when the shop looked at it they saw a bracket for the trailer hitch apparatus was bent. So glad I filed a claim because I needed a new bumper, hitch, and bracket all from an impact of a Nissan Altima moving from near stop (accelerating thinking I was going to go instead of checking for oncoming traffic as I left the exit ramp of a highwY)
My damage is worse than I thought. I had a friend of mine who does paintless dent repair look at it and he pointed out a slight buckle in the bedside. He told me that it’s tweaked literally like 1/4”. I need to straighten that out to fix the damage properly.

I know how to fix it, and I have a plan to fix it, but I have to take the bumper off to do it. I tried to do it with a long bottle jack and some blocks of wood on the tire and the bed support, but the tire was bulging too much I fixed it so the tire wasn’t bulging. Then I got it halfway back where it needs to be, but the wood blocks started breaking. I got the bed almost where it needs to be, but metal has a memory and it came back some. I have to pull from the rear from a stationary object. If that doesn’t work, I’ll file an insurance claim. I have a clean driving record.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this as well. I've been on the fence on which one to buy for mine. I was considering a Rubicon take off but then I'd also like to have a step on the side. Whatever I go with I need it to be a simple install and come with the spots for all the towing plugs in the rear and have a spot for my tag lights.

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What the finish warranty on everyone else’s bumpers?

i read that as being an optional extra that you can get but haven’t seen a finish warranty on anything else. Considering how often you see stuff trusting within the first year because the powdercoat wasn’t applied well I’d say that speaks volumes to say that there quality is good enough to be able to offer an additional warranty on where as most don’t offer anything for finish past the regular return period.
A warranty for the finish at an extra $125.00 plus you would probably have to ship it back to them and pay for that shipping. Not really worth it. Seems like a good deal for the manufacture though. JMO

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
A warranty for the finish at an extra $125.00 plus you would probably have to ship it back to them and pay for that shipping. Not really worth it. Seems like a good deal for the manufacture though. JMO
I imagine that the powdercoating is not done in house since its available in bare metal. One could always not get the warranty or the powdercoating & have it done locally & then get whatever the finish warranty is from the local place.

Personally this is what I would probably do. Have it powdercoated to match the body.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
On a possibly related note...anyone know the weight of the stock steel rear bumper?

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Those are some great prices. The issue however is that if I bought a bumper like that, I’d end up sending as much as the complete mopar accessory steel Rubicon bumper after I buy the step pad, bumper brackets, bezels, etc that are broken on mine. It would be a lot more work too and I’d still have a plastic bumper.
I looked into this more, I’d be at $307 before all of the broken clips and shit. IF I can re use the parts on the drivers side. That’s before the additional $100 they want for the bumper core charge and $225 freakin dollars for shipping. I’m not sure how the shipping works with the core charge.

For $507 iirc I can get the mopar steel accessory bumper. I’ll have to drill four holes for the back up sensors. I’m also not sure how it’ll look with the cut out for the Rubicon bedside skid. I could add that later, but won’t be doing it now. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be going the Rubicon metal bumper route, but the side skid cut out is my only reservation.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I’d go for the OEM steel bumper. Aftermarket rear bumpers are super expensive, and that goes for all models since the JK. Not saying it’s not worth it- just might not work with your criteria.

I also prefer a design that isn’t flashy, but the cheapest of those I found that check all my boxes are a grand

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-80302.htm

The metalcloak one is fantastic and ~$750 but requires the rubi bed armor for side protection.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Magnum raptor
Jeep Gladiator Stock looking aftermarket steel REAR bumpers 20200630_104733
I would have probably already bought that one if I didn’t lease mine. I like it and iirc it’s a very fair price.

So far the Gladiator is following Wrangler resale value trends, so it might be a moot point when my lease is over. What I mean is that if I don’t decide to keep it when my lease is over then often trading it in makes more sense as the trade in value would be equal or greater to the residual or lease buy out price. If that were the case then it wouldn’t matter at all. Also, I highly doubt that anyone doing a lease turn it would notice if it’s a steel Rubicon rear bumper vs the factory Overland rear bumper. They look so similar and if I added another rear tow hook it would be black and I’ll eventually add the rear bed slider. Hell, it’s been a while but I’ve done a ton of lease turn in inspections and, even if I did notice, I would never have noted it on the turn in inspection.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
A major reason for me to consider a rear bumper is the bedside protection. If I get to the point of deciding I need it, I will probably get the Rock Hard.
Sponsored