Sponsored

Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I picked up the Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper for my Mojave. (I went with this one because: 1. For looks. 2. The weight. I didn’t want to put anything too heavy on especially considering I planned to put a winch on as well.) I was a little worried about it fitting without modification. It went on great! I did have some issues with the Mojave skid plate. I attached the rear screws first. I was only able to get one screw into the front of the skid plate. The winch plate on the bumper prevented the holes from lining up properly. A couple weeks later I installed the Badland Apex 12,000lb winch. (Note, I did have to relocate the wiring that comes out of the back of the winch because it was too tight against the grille. Not too difficult.) I did have to remove the skid plate to install the winch. When putting the skid plate back on, much to my surprise, everything lined up perfectly. I figured out what I had done differently. I attached the two front screws first and then the 4 back screws. It went on without any difficulty. And I absolutely love the look of it!

BB7A8539-14EB-44D0-814F-CD9C900EA061.jpeg
Strongly considering this exact setup. Already have the Apex Wench - was looking for front bumper options. Really like this a lot - can you expand on "relocating the wiring that comes out of the back" :) and what that required?! Thanks and nice job!
Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Strongly considering this exact setup. Already have the Apex Wench - was looking for front bumper options. Really like this a lot - can you expand on "relocating the wiring that comes out of the back" :) and what that required?! Thanks and nice job!
@Andy29847 gave some very helpful tips when I moved my wiring. If you have any other questions, I’d be happy to assist in any way I can. Here’s his thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/apex-winch-mod-move-positive-cable.38243/

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
After market bumper will be fine, this bumper was off my JKUR, installed on my mojave with no modification
8170FCC8-90F6-4CA2-AE5A-45C0D3B2AC95.jpeg
I like

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Any guidance on how much weight (bumper + winch) you can add before experiencing any sag in the Mojave front suspension, or any other impacts to driving characteristics (acceleration, handling, braking, mpg)? Also are there any good solutions for easily adding/removing the winch as needed?

Sponsored

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Any guidance on how much weight (bumper + winch) you can add before experiencing any sag in the Mojave front suspension, or any other impacts to driving characteristics (acceleration, handling, braking, mpg)? Also are there any good solutions for easily adding/removing the winch as needed?
Great question

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
I picked up the Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper for my Mojave. (I went with this one because: 1. For looks. 2. The weight. I didn’t want to put anything too heavy on especially considering I planned to put a winch on as well.) I was a little worried about it fitting without modification. It went on great! I did have some issues with the Mojave skid plate. I attached the rear screws first. I was only able to get one screw into the front of the skid plate. The winch plate on the bumper prevented the holes from lining up properly. A couple weeks later I installed the Badland Apex 12,000lb winch. (Note, I did have to relocate the wiring that comes out of the back of the winch because it was too tight against the grille. Not too difficult.) I did have to remove the skid plate to install the winch. When putting the skid plate back on, much to my surprise, everything lined up perfectly. I figured out what I had done differently. I attached the two front screws first and then the 4 back screws. It went on without any difficulty. And I absolutely love the look of it!

BB7A8539-14EB-44D0-814F-CD9C900EA061.jpeg
The pics on Quadratech show the bumper higher, is this a Mojave difference??

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers 20210718_065102

Mw0297

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
The pics on Quadratech show the bumper higher, is this a Mojave difference??

20210718_065102.jpg
The difference you are seeing is the fenders on Mojave and Rubicon are higher clearance. Look at the black plastic the blinker is mounted in. Darksides is Mojave where the ad photo is Overland. Overland is thicker/bigger so when take that away and additional fender gap added it’s pretty big gap.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
The difference you are seeing is the fenders on Mojave and Rubicon are higher clearance. Look at the black plastic the blinker is mounted in. Darksides is Mojave where the ad photo is Overland. Overland is thicker/bigger so when take that away and additional fender gap added it’s pretty big gap.
I couldn’t have explained it better myself. The Rubicon and Mojave DO have higher profile fenders than the Sport and Overland models. This is why there’s a larger gap between bumper and fender.

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Appreciate the info. Thanks!

Sponsored

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
So, I have a Mojave I lifted with a 2” spacer in the rear and had planned to add a 2.5” in the front as I added my old JLUR Mopar steel bumper, winch plate, winch and bull bar. something told me to go with 3” up front, which I did. I have zero rake and am dead level. Not sure if that helps at all.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers image

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.
Here's what ended up on my 2020 Mojave:
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers front

Smitty full width, Warn evo 12k, stock fog lights transferred no problem. Winch mounts fairly low, never seen a bit of difference on my temperature gauge.

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have the ACE pro series front bumper from my JL...it actually touches the brackets that the skidplate bolts to. I am going to try and space out the bumper about a half inch with some washers and longer bolts to see if it will work with the skidplate.

Cheers

Jonlilie

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Mojave
I ended up getting the Rugged Ridge Venator Front Bumper to fit on a 2021 Mojave. You will need to notch the old lower skid plate bracket in order to maintain the OE shock reservoir mount. I found it easier to roll the mount into place, with the shock attached, from the back to the front. This is why the notch is deeper and wider than you would anticipate. It needs to clear the back winch plate mount at roughly a 45 degree angle for install. Hope that helps!

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers IMG_5991

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers IMG_6014
Sponsored