Sponsored

Mojave Lift Options

Joedert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
So has anyone put 37s on a stock Mojave? I’m looking at a Rubicon and Mojave. Don’t want to do a lift. Seeing how the Mojave is 1” taller and wider spacing they would fit on stock wheels better. I live no where near a desert or mountain. Will be mostly Highway some light towing.
Sponsored

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
We just purchased a Mojave about a month ago! And I did the math on it and it was going to be cheaper (from the dealer I bought it from) than a Max Tow model. At the time AEV 2 inch spacer kit was the way I was going to go but just found out the the AEV kit will NOT Work on the Mojave model. Called and talked to them this morning and they are taking the kit back from me because I didn't even open the box! I was going to go with that company to keep the factory shocks and keep it simple (compared to past builds) thought money ahead! And I don't think I trust the other companies out there building spacer kits just yet!

But the other reason to purchase the mojave model was that it has a stiffer frame and stronger front control arms! So now I'm not sure what I'm going to do if anything!!! I'm torn to just take the factory suspension off and go a different way! If I did that I would for sure take the Mojave decals off the hood!!! ????

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Anyone considering a Mojave is likely not looking for the ultimate rock crawler. That is the job of the Rubicon. I'm considering a Mojave for overlanding and to absorb Michigan's gutted roads (worse than any desert whoops). The attraction is the suspension, stronger frame and axles, and a few other strengthened parts. So, if I go Mojave, I will be satisfied with upgrading to 35" tires. If I NEED 37s, I'll get a Rubi.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Damn I was thinking of getting a Mojave and lifting it with the Clayton 3.5 kit and King Shocks.

New to the Gladiator and not really sure of all the differences. I wonder what the OEM Mojave suspension would sell for used.

Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
MSRP for the Mojave shocks is $7740. That doesn't include the special rate and higher ride height springs, or the hydraulic bump stops. You can buy the shocks for less though. Mopar discounts them quite a ways below MSRP, and list a sale price of $4907 for the set.

New take off parts usually sell for about half the cost of new parts. In this instance that would give you a price of somewhere around $2500 for the Mojave take off shocks. … If you could get someone to pay that much for them.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
Was torn between a Rubicon and a Mojave when I bought mine. After 7 years with a lifted JKU it was time to move on. Had planned on a Rubicon with 37s until I drove the Mojave. Went back and forth on it. In the end it was the ride and style of the Mojave that won me over. The ride is amazing on the road and I just don’t have a lot of time to get off road. The seats are so much more comfortable also. I’ll go to 35s on it at some point and may or may not change the wheels. To each his own but it would be crazy to do anythIng with this suspension as nice as it is. One front shock is around $1600. They are much larger diameter so I assume there would be some modifications needed if you were selling this suspension off and it was going on to something else. I think it just depends on what you want to do but you can’t make one the other.

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If anyone is in SoCal, Fabtech is looking for a Mojave....would get a free lift. Check out their website under the Vehicles Wanted section.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I’m always amazed when I hear people wanting to lift Mojaves, the suspension is what you are paying for and it was tuned by Fox and Jeep over months to get it right, one thing they should have done was jounce bumpers in rear which could use them. Mojave springs are softer , sway bars are either smaller on rear or hollow on front, transfer case is higher gearing, no front locker, no sway bar disconnect, less payload, less towing this is all stuff you gave up to get a suspension system that during my test drive I was hitting speed bumps at 35 and hardly feeling it ,the Rubicon the same day was painful hitting the speed bumps. Putting big heavy wheels and tires on a Mojave to make it better looking at the cost of the suspension, is up to you but taking off a suspension system like that and putting your own together is tossing a lot of money away to get something else.
It’s your jeep and your money so have at it, it’s what it is all about!
The whole ad campaign of the Mojave being built for desert high speed running is hurting the Jeep, it is mostly being bought by people who realize what they actually need and after driving it can’t get the smile off their face, rides great and handles well and is still a very capable jeep.
This is all from a frustrated Mojave owner waiting on delivery since July, but I have test drove three now...Jack

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Damn I was thinking of getting a Mojave and lifting it with the Clayton 3.5 kit and King Shocks.

New to the Gladiator and not really sure of all the differences. I wonder what the OEM Mojave suspension would sell for used.
I don't understand why anyone would buy the Mojave and then remove the high-end, expensive features that they just paid for that make it a Mojave? Maybe people are joking about tearing apart their Mojaves and I'm not picking up the humor?

Sponsored

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I don't understand why anyone would buy the Mojave and then remove the high-end, expensive features that they just paid for that make it a Mojave? Maybe people are joking about tearing apart their Mojaves and I'm not picking up the humor?
I love the hood, steering wheel, seats, beefed up frame etc. I just can’t ever leave anything stock, especially a Jeep.

I just wonder how a 3.5” Clayton kit and some comparable Mojave spec external King Shocks or Fox Shocks would make it feel!

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
if I had a choice now the Rubi or the Mojave, I'd probably got for the Mojave, very cool vehicle. but I do love my Rubicon, when wheeling yesterday, not a single issue, off road plus is very cool,

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
I'm always amazed when people drive a stock Jeep. I've never seen a stock Jeep unmodified and said wow that's badass. I already have wheels, lift, bumpers, stereo, for my Mojave and I don't even own it yet.

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I love the hood, steering wheel, seats, beefed up frame etc. I just can’t ever leave anything stock, especially a Jeep.

I just wonder how a 3.5” Clayton kit and some comparable Mojave spec external King Shocks or Fox Shocks would make it feel!
I'm in the same boat! I can't leave anything alone if I had every dollar I spent fixing up jeeps trucks cars I probably could have retired by now!!!! LOL

But I bought a Mojave model after doing the math and was planning on using a spacer lift (to keep it simple)
It was cheaper for me to get a Mojave from the dealer I bought it from than a Rubi or Max tow. And thought if I can use the factory shocks and I get a stiffer frame heavier control arms and a cool looking hood!
So the spacer lift I was going with says it will not work with the Mojave model, so now I'm going to try to put together a kit that will use the factory suspension! I think I have the components put together that will let me use the factory shocks and springs!

If not I will be putting a Clayton kit on there! And I still think I can use the factory shocks!
Sponsored