First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
Starting to think companies like AEV are saying their kit won’t work is just them stepping up to the plate. having to modify a loft to work goes against all of the testing and design that goes into a lit, safety being one of them. I am not against modifying a Jeep and have been down that road before. I just don’t think there is a proper loft released yet since these haven’t been around too long.

As you can see my precious Jeep was heavily modified. I am not against modifying a Jeep.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options BD138F8E-0D04-43FE-B442-D8AF641594B6
Sponsored

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I'm in the same boat! I can't leave anything alone if I had every dollar I spent fixing up jeeps trucks cars I probably could have retired by now!!!! LOL

But I bought a Mojave model after doing the math and was planning on using a spacer lift (to keep it simple)
It was cheaper for me to get a Mojave from the dealer I bought it from than a Rubi or Max tow. And thought if I can use the factory shocks and I get a stiffer frame heavier control arms and a cool looking hood!
So the spacer lift I was going with says it will not work with the Mojave model, so now I'm going to try to put together a kit that will use the factory suspension! I think I have the components put together that will let me use the factory shocks and springs!

If not I will be putting a Clayton kit on there! And I still think I can use the factory shocks!
I hear ya!

I’m thinking the Clayton 3.5” and the Fox 2.5’s for a 3.5” lift. I’d assume they are the same as OEM ones but a bit longer for the lift?

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ies-2-5-reservoir-shock-front-3-5-4-lift-pair

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The stock Mojave 2.5" Fox shocks are internal bypass shocks. Those Fox shocks are excellent 2.5" shocks, but it doesn't look like they are internal bypass shocks. So they won't have the same plush ride while in the bypass zone that the stock shocks do.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Aftermarket fenders before lift with that factory suspension. I feel like you would get more extra tire clearance for your money spent.
This is my plan.

Eherbaugh

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired USCG
I'm in the same boat! I can't leave anything alone if I had every dollar I spent fixing up jeeps trucks cars I probably could have retired by now!!!! LOL

But I bought a Mojave model after doing the math and was planning on using a spacer lift (to keep it simple)
It was cheaper for me to get a Mojave from the dealer I bought it from than a Rubi or Max tow. And thought if I can use the factory shocks and I get a stiffer frame heavier control arms and a cool looking hood!
So the spacer lift I was going with says it will not work with the Mojave model, so now I'm going to try to put together a kit that will use the factory suspension! I think I have the components put together that will let me use the factory shocks and springs!

If not I will be putting a Clayton kit on there! And I still think I can use the factory shocks!
What height are you looking for?

Sponsored

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
What height are you looking for?
I don't think I want anything over a 2.5 lift 3.5 at the hightest. I talked to Clayton this morning and they are out of the 2.5 lifts at this time!!!
I'm in no big hurry!

Eherbaugh

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired USCG
I don't think I want anything over a 2.5 lift 3.5 at the hightest. I talked to Clayton this morning and they are out of the 2.5 lifts at this time!!!
I'm in no big hurry!
Gotcha. I’m just doing 1.5” front and back.

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Could you have someone turn/hold the steering wheel full-lock and snap some pics of how close the tire gets to the inner fender / suspension, on the leading edge and rear edge of the tire?

I wouldn't mind keeping the factory Mojave +37 offset if there is plenty of room remaining.

Thanks

Here’s 35” no lift.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options B9BAA57A-793F-4259-86B6-D7F4790FFE16

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Here’s 35” no lift.

That's nice-looking, right there....wouldnt change a damn thing.

And if ya need more clearance, throw some tube fenders on it....still retain stock ride, suspension parts.

Sponsored

Kev Mojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
MSRP for the Mojave shocks is $7740. That doesn't include the special rate and higher ride height springs, or the hydraulic bump stops. You can buy the shocks for less though. Mopar discounts them quite a ways below MSRP, and list a sale price of $4907 for the set.

New take off parts usually sell for about half the cost of new parts. In this instance that would give you a price of somewhere around $2500 for the Mojave take off shocks. … If you could get someone to pay that much for them.
I think that would be wishful thinking at that price.
The Rubicon shock is $505ea. MSRP I bought my set of 4 $175.
I could not see anyone buying at $2500 used non adjustable when you could get the Fox 2.5 with adjusters for the same price new in the box.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I sent an email to Fox to see if they had any advice on shocks for a 2" lift.

The guy that wrote back kind of chastised me for wanting to change shocks after spending $50-60k on a new Jeep. He recommended the Factory Race Series 3.0 adjustable.

"You just invested 50-60K on a new Gladiator Mojave that has Fox 2.5 IBP shocks that would cost approximately a grand a piece to replace.

If you want to lift it and maintain or improve your current level of off road ride control, these are your options.

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...p&model=Gladiator+JT&year=2020&position=Front

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...ep&model=Gladiator+JT&year=2020&position=Rear

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...el=Gladiator+JT&year=2020&position=Stabilizer"

I thought it was good info from Fox. I wish that the Falcon shocks didnt have so much red on them. If they were orange they may be a good option.
Sponsored