Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
so, I was looking at this lift over at their website, it does look pretty great, but I am confused about one thing, it doesn’t look they do anything with the rear shocks, just provide brackets for the front? Is this correct? That doesn’t seem like it would work out right...
It works out just fine. The MetalCloak kit comes with both upper and lower shock relocation brackets for the front. However, it does NOT reorient the rear shocks. You get new rear springs, rear track bar, rear upper and lower control arms, and sway bar links. However, due to the simpler geometry in the rear no relocation brackets are necessary to use the stock Mojave shocks. The new MetalCloak springs (front and rear) are MUCH bigger than the stock springs.

It does seem counter-intuitive to use the rear stock Mojave shocks without relocation brackets, but it isn't necessary. The stock springs will fall out easily before the stock shocks are at full extension. The new MetalCloak springs allow the stock Mojave shocks to go to full extension without falling out. It's a big improvement!

Here are a few pictures of the rear stock Mojave shocks installed with the new MetalCloak springs and other hardware.

Gladiator-Mojave - 1.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave - 2.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave - 3.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave - 4.jpeg
Sponsored

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did replace the driveshaft. It wasn't difficult, it just took a bit of extra elbow grease. If you're running smaller tires (smaller than 37's) you can do the 2.5" GameChanger. It's not as tall. You get all the same control arm and track bar hardware, just different springs. I installed the 2.5" GameChanger on my wife's Wrangler. Turned out very nice. She's running 33's. Actually the 33's off the stock Mojave. 33 inch tires look a bit small in her fender wells. I think 35's would look perfect. All said, it's hard to do better than MetalCloak when it comes to quality hardware.
Cool. I'm running 35's on my old JK 75th anniversary bronze rims. I definitely want to keep my Mojave shocks, just gotta decide if I want to change springs or do a spacer only lift. 2-2.5" is what I'm looking for. I'll check out the metalcloak kit.

slicermd

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It works out just fine. The MetalCloak kit comes with both upper and lower shock relocation brackets for the front. However, it does NOT reorient the rear shocks. You get new rear springs, rear track bar, rear upper and lower control arms, and sway bar links. However, due to the simpler geometry in the rear no relocation brackets are necessary to use the stock Mojave shocks. The new MetalCloak springs (front and rear) are MUCH bigger than the stock springs.

It does seem counter-intuitive to use the rear stock Mojave shocks without relocation brackets, but it isn't necessary. The stock springs will fall out easily before the stock shocks are at full extension. The new MetalCloak springs allow the stock Mojave shocks to go to full extension without falling out. It's a big improvement!

Here are a few pictures of the rear stock Mojave shocks installed with the new MetalCloak springs and other hardware.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Gladiator-Mojave - 4

It's a quibble but I wish all that hardware wasn't bronze LMAO

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
37x1350x20 20x10 -24, no lift. slight rubbage full crank with stock flares.
Zero with Rugged Ridge flares.
I'm doing a 3" RK setup now. with Rustys shock spacers.
I have the 1.5 Teraflex on it now but wanting more and most likely switching to 40's when back in inventory.
I had been speaking with Jeremy at RK about my Mojave and the route to go

Maintenance Free Arms (I ordered this setup)

https://rockkrawler.com/suspension/...nd-jt/jt-3-0-suspension-systems/new-category/

X Factor Arms with joints in certain locations that require maintenance where Krawler Joints are used

https://rockkrawler.com/jt-3-0-inch-pro-x-system/

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options pkmojave2

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's a quibble but I wish all that hardware wasn't bronze LMAO
Yeah, the gold zinc is definitely a matter of personal taste. That said, it’s pretty easy to hit it with a bit of paint, and it’s the perfect prep surface for it. I painted the new springs, but liked the gold zinc for the rest of the hardware. Whatever suits you, gold or painted, you’ll appreciate the anti-corrosion properties of the gold zinc once you scrape up your linkage on a few rocks. ;-)

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link

It’s going to take a minute to wrap my mind around that, but I understand. I think this will be the lift I go with if I decide I want to lift after I use it this summer...thanks for the reply!

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It’s going to take a minute to wrap my mind around that, but I understand. I think this will be the lift I go with if I decide I want to lift after I use it this summer...thanks for the reply!
Hey you're welcome! Always happy to throw some information into the community. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a video walk around of my build...

Build Specs | Build Thread
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
  • 37 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
  • 17 x 9 x 5x5 Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels
  • MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension Lift for Mojave
  • MetalCloak RockSport Steering System, Rubicon Edition
  • MetalCloak FAD Skid Plate

Last edited:

bigd081285

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited JL

Thats the exact tires and lift I wanna put on my Mojave. Any chance you know the height to the top? Trying to figure out if it will still fit in my garage. Lol

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Your Jeep really looks great!!! Is it an optical illusion, your driveway, or does your nose sit a bit high?

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep really looks great!!! Is it an optical illusion, your driveway, or does your nose sit a bit high?
You're correct. The nose does sit a bit high. This is because the MetalCloak springs are designed to accommodate the additional weight of steel armor and recovery gear—a front winch bumper, winch, rock sliders, skid plates, etc. As I haven't outfitted the front with a steel bumper or winch yet the front does set a little tall. When I researched lifts for the Mojave I discovered this "high nose" also occurs with the Fabtech lift and a few others as well. Once I've outfitted the front with a steel bumper and winch the nose should set level with the rest of the rig... at least that's what I'm counting on. We'll see.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the exact tires and lift I wanna put on my Mojave. Any chance you know the height to the top? Trying to figure out if it will still fit in my garage. Lol
My garage door opening is 83-1/4 inches tall. I've got a couple inches of clearance now between the top of the truck and the top of the garage door opening. I'll get the final truck heigh measurements and post them here this evening or tomorrow.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to install the MetalCloak lift on the Mojave be prepared for the front shock drop brackets not fitting quite right. Don't get me wrong, they'll go on, but not easily. The through hole in the MetalCloak brackets that bolts through the original front lower shock mount brackets will not line up without some brute force.

There's more steel in the factory lower shock mounts on the Mojave than there is on the Wrangler JLU shock mounts—I know, my wife has a Wrangler JLU and I installed the same brackets on her Jeep no problem. I don't think MetalCloak accounted for the extra steel in the Mojave front lower shock mount brackets. It was a real challenge to get the drop brackets to go on the Mojave. What you really need to get them to go on is a big C-Clamp with the flat screw threads.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You're correct. The nose does sit a bit high. This is because the MetalCloak springs are designed to accommodate the additional weight of steel armor and recovery gear—a front winch bumper, winch, rock sliders, skid plates, etc. As I haven't outfitted the front with a steel bumper or winch yet the front does set a little tall. When I researched lifts for the Mojave I discovered this "high nose" also occurs with the Fabtech lift and a few others as well. Once I've outfitted the front with a steel bumper and winch the nose should set level with the rest of the rig... at least that's what I'm counting on. We'll see.
Good to know! I plan on an aluminum bumper, either rock hard or genright and a winch. I’m not sure that would be enough to make it sit level...
Sponsored