First Name
Kasandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
I also thought about the Falcons, but would send off my Fox's for rebuild and then when I got them back I'd have a hole in my inner fender. So once you go Falcon your are stuck unless you get a replacement inner, or you don't care.
Sponsored

culdbbi

First Name
Kasandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
700 bucks every 50k is a lot for a high performance shock?

It is when $1300 is the cheapest, kind of similar shock to use in the meantime of getting them rebuilt. Just a crap deal for the consumer.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It is when $1300 is the cheapest, kind of similar shock to use in the meantime of getting them rebuilt. Just a crap deal for the consumer.
Oh - yeah the wait sucks. I see used Mojave shocks all the time - that's why I bought a set for this purpose. $300 one time spend and then I can rotate them in and out as long as I keep the truck.

culdbbi

First Name
Kasandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
PM
Oh - yeah the wait sucks. I see used Mojave shocks all the time - that's why I bought a set for this purpose. $300 one time spend and then I can rotate them in and out as long as I keep the truck.
The only ones I've seen is on ebay for $1300. If I could pickup a set for $300, I'd jump on that. Now Rubi shocks are $300 all day long in WA.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Personal preference, upgrade to a better shock that you can tell them your actual loaded and unloaded weights and driving style.

I wouldn't waste money and time getting spec built shocks rebuilt.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The only ones I've seen is on ebay for $1300. If I could pickup a set for $300, I'd jump on that. Now Rubi shocks are $300 all day long in WA.
takeoffs for sure...just lookout for people upgrading and selling off higher mileage. mine had 23k.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Checkout Eclik. They’re not cheap, but you’d surpass the capabilities of the Oem foxes, new foxes, kings, and definitely the falcons. You’d have a super Mohave. Mine are on order. Granted, I have a rubicon, but from what it sounds like, I’ll be potentially exceeding Mohave capabilities when they’re in. As far as rebuilds, they’re completely rebuild able, but they are projecting more than double the miles before it’s necessary. I can give a full report when they’re in, but I’m expecting perfection.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Fox will but refuse to give me actual pricing or turnaround time. Shock Surplus stated the following.

" Once we receive them we will replace the seals, change the oil and do a full inspection on them. Should take us a week or less."

I know the 3.3's are serviceable but have been getting a longer life between rebuilds. I ran Kings on both my Toyota builds previously. Those were great but I had then rebuilt every 20k. Also several shops here (Colorado) will rebuild Kings, nobody will do Fox as they are a nightmare regarding changing engineering yearly and supply chain.
same thing I’ve been getting

OP
OP
307Mojave

307Mojave

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Aviation
I'm still thinking through this. If SS can have them back to me in under 14 days, I may just let the Jeep sit. Would It be problematic for the jeep to sit (wheels/tires on) in my garage without the shocks installed? Asking as I'd need to move it (push) to get my wife's 460 into the garage while waiting for the rebuild. Decisions... decisions.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
When the time comes I will upgrade to something adjustable and the proper length; so i will not need adaptors

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I'm still thinking through this. If SS can have them back to me in under 14 days, I may just let the Jeep sit. Would It be problematic for the jeep to sit (wheels/tires on) in my garage without the shocks installed? Asking as I'd need to move it (push) to get my wife's 460 into the garage while waiting for the rebuild. Decisions... decisions.
Driveway/garage you'll be fine moving it around. It will still float on the coils.

Wouldn't take it out on the road though.

OP
OP
307Mojave

307Mojave

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Aviation
Checkout Eclik. They’re not cheap, but you’d surpass the capabilities of the Oem foxes, new foxes, kings, and definitely the falcons. You’d have a super Mohave. Mine are on order. Granted, I have a rubicon, but from what it sounds like, I’ll be potentially exceeding Mohave capabilities when they’re in. As far as rebuilds, they’re completely rebuild able, but they are projecting more than double the miles before it’s necessary. I can give a full report when they’re in, but I’m expecting perfection.
Eclik are incredible, although Jeep is starting to become a "four letter word" around my wife. If I dropped $5k on suspension, I'll be asking you guys about good divorce lawyers.

I'm starting two full bathroom remodels next week. Priorities...

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know why that would hurt anything.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Eclik are incredible, although Jeep is starting to become a "four letter word" around my wife. If I dropped $5k on suspension, I'll be asking you guys about good divorce lawyers.

I'm starting two full bathroom remodels next week. Priorities...
I’m with you. I just told her, no birthday or Christmas presents for me this year. I’ve got it handled. She knows I ordered shocks, and didn’t ask the price. I didn’t volunteer it. :)
Sponsored