First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I ordered my Mopar kit from Amazon and came from Athens Dodge. It was the newer AC kit and on my 2021 Rubicon I got approx 3inch front lift and 2ish from the rear. Still a slight rake but perfect once I have all my overland gear in the back. Super impressed with the kit so far after doing some off-roading this weekend. I still feel like it's a little expensive but at 1250 I can't complain. Compared to my prior MC Gamechanger lift it rides the rough much better then the cheap MC shocks. Obviously not as good flex and articulation but not spending twice the amount. Going to Moab in a few weeks so I will report back then. I also don't see any bowing with the springs.

63346501-9C91-4399-8CAD-371F24C1283C.jpeg
Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone tell me how the Mopar lift effects how the axles are centered?
In my head, the truck might want to crab walk down the road w/o using adj. track bars to recenter the axles

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
In my head, the truck might want to crab walk down the road w/o using adj. track bars to recenter the axles
It will shift the axles very slightly. Just standing in front looking at it I really could not tell. I noticed no difference in how my JT drove after installation.

I did install an adjustable front trackbar. In hindsight it was probably not needed.

I think Mopar did a pretty good job engineering their lift kit to be trouble free.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Everything @cb4017 said, general measurements mine was .75ā€ biased to passenger side, got the track bar to even It out, no noticeable difference

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Even just different springs and .75" spacers which gave me 1.25" "lift" over my stock height, my front axle was left about 1/4" (made it appear a total of 1/2" off but it would take only 1/4" movement to center it again) So if you are OCD.............

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am going with the Mopar 2" lift and 35s for my Overland. The part number on Mopar's site and at the dealer is 77072468AC but I am finding less expensive ones (still Mopar) on Amazon and other sites with Part number 77072468AB. Can somebody let me know if there is some material difference in the AB vs AC part #? It looks, to me, like they are the exact same but there has to be a reason for the difference. Also for those that had a dealer install this lift and alignment, how many labor hours did they charge? Thanks.
I just ordered mine from Amazon (but it's coming from Athens Jeep/Dodge) in Georgia according to the shipping tracking. I called my local dealership earlier today to get a quote on installation and they told me $430+tax. I expected much more. Once I have the lift kit in hand and I'll let you know if it's the AB or AC. I noticed it says AB in the description bit people were receiving the AC version as it is the current version of the lift kit. Hopefully that's the case for me. I'll try to update when I get it and again after it's installed and I put on my 35's. Anyone want a set of 33's with 1500 miles on them? šŸ˜‚

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered mine from Amazon (but it's coming from Athens Jeep/Dodge) in Georgia according to the shipping tracking. I called my local dealership earlier today to get a quote on installation and they told me $430+tax. I expected much more. Once I have the lift kit in hand and I'll let you know if it's the AB or AC. I noticed it says AB in the description bit people were receiving the AC version as it is the current version of the lift kit. Hopefully that's the case for me. I'll try to update when I get it and again after it's installed and I put on my 35's. Anyone want a set of 33's with 1500 miles on them? šŸ˜‚
Not sure why the concern AB vs AC - for all we know it could be a slightly different finish on some part. It's almost never anything large or of consequence. It won't be different springs - that would be a major revision. B vs C indicates something really small.
Anyone in the parts business or manufacturing, or a business where there's revision control (almost anything these days - even the instruction sheet will have a revision number) would see this as "what's everyone expecting, something actually BETTER or noticeably different"?

My bet is - if you laid the two side-by-side, most wouldn't know the difference. Functionally, you won't feel or see any difference. Lift will be the same, ride will be the same.

Like we've found with some other parts, a revised version isn't always better. Seems to me that there was a minor revision on the passive entry parts - and mine was fine while later purchases saw magnet issues.
I guess personally, I'd want a "known quantity"........

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Not sure why the concern AB vs AC - for all we know it could be a slightly different finish on some part. It's almost never anything large or of consequence. It won't be different springs - that would be a major revision. B vs C indicates something really small.
Anyone in the parts business or manufacturing, or a business where there's revision control (almost anything these days - even the instruction sheet will have a revision number) would see this as "what's everyone expecting, something actually BETTER or noticeably different"?

My bet is - if you laid the two side-by-side, most wouldn't know the difference. Functionally, you won't feel or see any difference. Lift will be the same, ride will be the same.

Like we've found with some other parts, a revised version isn't always better. Seems to me that there was a minor revision on the passive entry parts - and mine was fine while later purchases saw magnet issues.
It ended up being a change in front bump stops, donā€™t know why, donā€™t know the measurements on the -AB bump stops, but comparing the BOM between the AB & AC kits that was the only thing different I saw, and the new bump stop P/N actually now matches the bumpers they use in the JL kits

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Guess I ordered from the same seller on Amazon. I'm expecting the AC
Yeah It should be the -AC, they just get lazy and donā€™t update their ads / listingsā€¦.at least thatā€™s what they told meā€¦

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

If there's a revision it's usually for a reason whether it just be the manufacturer feels its simply time for one or a change to a piece or pieces of the provided item/items was needed due to a defect manufacturing or otherwise or the discovery of a better version or process or material. That's usually the case with any manufactured item especially anything mechanical. Could be as simple as a fraction of an inch. Either way I prefer the revision since things get revised for a reason. Always the possibility of introducing a new issue but a better chance of resolving an old one.

TheScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Can you send a link? I am looking on Amazon but only finding them around 2k.

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah It should be the -AC, they just get lazy and donā€™t update their ads / listingsā€¦.at least thatā€™s what they told meā€¦
Was the AC. Came today in 2 packages the crate and another box.

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator