Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Imo. It's a terrible afterthought designed just for Jeep to makes some extra bucks.
Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
God here we go… ok, the dealer I bought my MOPAR performance wiper kit will only warranty me a new kit if I bring back all parts from the original kit. Anyone have the parts sitting in front of them to give me an accounting of everything?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Well after a nice long trip up the coast of the Olympic peninsula the torrential rains of the PNW finally caused that wiper arm to saw through my tubing. Looks like I’ll be doing the proper hose routing now. How did you guys warranty yours out, since getting a new one is the only way to get wiper refills now anyways…
I bought mine through BAM, and an e-mail to them was all it took.
And if the dealer wants all the parts back, there go your "Extra," replacement blades.

I have a nearly-complete kit in the garage (it's missing the hoses) that I can inventory if you need.

Kevin

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I bought mine through BAM, and an e-mail to them was all it took.
And if the dealer wants all the parts back, there go your "Extra," replacement blades.

I have a nearly-complete kit in the garage (it's missing the hoses) that I can inventory if you need.

Kevin
i figure blades are a use item, and probably won’t count… hopefully. I’m on my first set, and they are pretty worn out. So I figure I’ll keep my replacements, and say I went through them already. They have the worn blades that are on there, they were going to be switched out soon anyways… damn PNW and all this rain.

IckyNote40

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Instructor
Mine gave up today even with my widened cowl hole they cut through the heat shrink and/or cracked. I laughed when I saw they also come on the Rubicon 20th Anniversary Level II AEV Package. I'm going back to stock jets now and will go back to the regular arms after the blades wear out.

20230309_201052.jpg

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Mine gave up today even with my widened cowl hole they cut through the heat shrink and/or cracked. I laughed when I saw they also come on the Rubicon 20th Anniversary Level II AEV Package. I'm going back to stock jets now and will go back to the regular arms after the blades wear out.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator 20230309_201052
Same here. I had also widened the holes and it failed in the exact same spot. The broken tube slid out from under the mesh and heat shrink just as yours appears to have done. I'm trying again with different heatshrink that has high flow adhesive inside. But I can see myself switching back to the regular jets if this fails too.

Sponsored

IckyNote40

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Instructor
I emailed the dealer I bought the kit from through eBay to see if they could help. They looked at the pictures and are sending a new kit for free. I think I'll still go back to the standard jets but at least I have replacement blades ready to go. Thanks Golling Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for great service.

Screenshot_20230311_103713_eBay.jpg

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I did the modification of one of the above members drilling a pass through hole for the tube through a grommet, no issues so far, not it has plenty of slack and isn’t rubbing back and forth.

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Glad I heald off on these. The customized blades were my first concern since a few swipes across a frosty window will ruin most blades.

Speaking of blades a friend said he found AC Delco blades are significantly better than the typical Bosch, Trico, Anco etc that seem like the only choices at autoparts stores. I tried a set a few years ago and by now run them on all my vehicles. Cheaper, last longer. Wipe better. A rare win.

alextremo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Glad I heald off on these. The customized blades were my first concern since a few swipes across a frosty window will ruin most blades.

Speaking of blades a friend said he found AC Delco blades are significantly better than the typical Bosch, Trico, Anco etc that seem like the only choices at autoparts stores. I tried a set a few years ago and by now run them on all my vehicles. Cheaper, last longer. Wipe better. A rare win.
Haven’t needed to replace yet, but I don’t think they’re custom. $8 generic wiper refills look like they’d do the job.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator F7FC4C32-0D81-4D46-BD70-8E64C8537A61
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator 4C01C0BC-C56F-430E-9342-B94C10FF9663
I did the modification with the hole and grommet and haven‘t has any issues since. Wish they suggested this for install, but I don‘t regret buying them.