Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Should have been standard equipment on Max Tow from day 1. And having to sacrifice your 12V outlet to have it.....Total fail from Jeep, start to finish.
Totally agree with you on this one. At least they could throw in free installation!!!!!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I need one for my tablet that has TOPO maps on it, and also for my trailer rear view camera monitor.
Your tablet can't charge via usb?

The 12 volt outlet can always be moved. That's my plan - I don't need it but will move it just in case for the future.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Your tablet can't charge via usb?
All I have ever used is a 12V adapter for my 7" Samsung tablet. Not sure if a USB would do it but I doubt enough juice comes from the USB to keep that screen always on with GPS running and maintain battery. I will try it though and see.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All I have ever used is a 12V adapter for my 7" Samsung tablet. Not sure if a USB would do it but I doubt enough juice comes from the USB to keep that screen always on with GPS running and maintain battery. I will try it though and see.
INCONVENIENT as heck, but do you have the 110 outlet at the back of the console?
I know - a band aid......

On the USB - these things don't really do a quick charge so you'd have to test to see if the USB could keep up with you. Good point.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Probably would, but then would start doing strange things by trying to connect to Android auto the entire time unless you connect from the one USB port in the back.

Sponsored

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Waiting for install reviews. I had an aftermarket installed last weekend to get the TT home, but really like the look/fit/finish of this piece, as long as install isn't horrendous, and it functions well. And I haven't opened the cover for the 12v on either of our Gladiators since e we picked them up in July.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Anyone installed yet? Way too involved for me to try a self install after flipping through the instructions....

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
INCONVENIENT as heck, but do you have the 110 outlet at the back of the console?
I know - a band aid......

Actually yes I do, and didn't even know it. Shows you how much I have paid attention to the backseat. Wish they would have gave me the bed one instead. Lol. I guess it's the 12V replacement option for the Brake controller.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Anyone installed yet? Way too involved for me to try a self install after flipping through the instructions....
Agree, it may be just me put the pictographs instructions seemed to have been drawn up by someone that has never actually turned a wrench.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, it may be just me put the pictographs instructions seemed to have been drawn up by someone that has never actually turned a wrench.
Not just you. I've followed instructions written in China, Russia, Australia, you name it - and this is among the worst as far as the pics actually helping.
I'm an ADHD very visual person - normally a picture is worth a book to me - but his one is way different. I have instructions for other Jeep parts and they are better than this one.
Luckily I won't need much of them other than figure out exactly where they want that box bolted to.
I'll be removing the Redarc - putting the Redarc in my wife's 2021 GC and putting this in my JT.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
It is real!!!!! Got mine today!.....jack
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 80FDC6AD-B050-4B5A-87E9-006A0C4EC941

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Install is actually pretty simple, everything plugs in, and all straps, foam padding and bolts/nuts are included, hell even the bolts are captive. I’m a Master Electrician, and I would not even consider this wiring Just a couple cords with plugs ...Jack

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Install is actually pretty simple, everything plugs in, and all straps, foam padding and bolts/nuts are included, hell even the bolts ate captive. I’m a Master Electrician, and I would not even consider this wiring Just a couple cords with plugs ...Jack
If it's like its Redarc older brother, the lead between the box and the control in the dash is a Cat5 network cable. Yeah, I checked, it's a match. They even said I could locate things anywhere and simply use as long a Cat5 cable as I needed. Nice since I have dozens of Cat 5 and Level 6 cables around from my networking days. If I was keeping the Redarc in the JT instead of moving it to the GC, I would have swapped out their cable with a 90 for one with two straight RJ45 ends as the Redarc supplied 90 is actually more in the way than straight connectors would have been.
(I'm not a master electrician - except for cars - I only had a maintenance electrician license so I defer to you on that bigger stuff)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is real!!!!! Got mine today!.....jack
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) 80FDC6AD-B050-4B5A-87E9-006A0C4EC941
Query - where, can't tell from the pics alone -are they wanting that box mounted. I see two studs. I assume there's a brace under there with two holes just for that?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Well, akward moment here, but as I posted in another thread , my wife loves the Mojave, so she's up in the hill country at her horse's farm, she drives it every where! So I can't look under Mojave but drawing up close showings a bar with two holes in it that the bolts go through, I'm pretty impressed with it at this time. I am also thinking of relocating the 12V socket to the side panel of center array to right between heat/AC controls and glove box door, but alas, who knows when I'll be able to see how much room is there.....Jack
Sponsored