Sponsored

Mountain Bikes - How are you guys carrying them??

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I have a cheap bike, I throw it in the back
Sponsored

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Hey everyone- New member here and I just picked up my Gladiator on Friday. It looks like there are several of you that have the Diamondback cover with the bike rack mounted on top. Are there any other hard covers that can be used like this?

Another hard cover you could consider (at half the price) is the ACE Upper Decker. Not a direct comparison to the Diamondback, but close. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...cker-hinged-cargo-basket-now-available.19220/

Thanks!
There ya go! I love my setup!
It seems like it holds the axle well enough. I have a thru axle, so I don't love the idea of having to R&I the wheel when I leave the house, get to the trail, leave the trail, and get back home. But we'll see how it goes.

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
It seems like it holds the axle well enough. I have a thru axle, so I don't love the idea of having to R&I the wheel when I leave the house, get to the trail, leave the trail, and get back home. But we'll see how it goes.
Yeah... I've got thru-axles on all three of my bikes. It's a bit of a pain but it was worth it to me to be able to still be able to open/close the cover when the bikes aren't on there.

robjgrif

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport & 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
First Responder
Like the Intense’s.....my trail bike is the Primer.....

Options are great! I have the bike pad and 1Up.

Ride on brother! 🤙🏻
The Primer is an amazing bike! It was a tough choice for me but I went with the Tracer for the increased travel for bike park/downhill... I already have an Ibis Hd3 which I can pedal up hill all day long and is my trail bike! Ride safe as well Bro!

SMITTY NY

First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The Primer is an amazing bike! It was a tough choice for me but I went with the Tracer for the increased travel for bike park/downhill... I already have an Ibis Hd3 which I can pedal up hill all day long and is my trail bike! Ride safe as well Bro!

I hear ya...I had the enduro traveled bike then went full DH bike...now that & the Primer, loving it. Yea brother stay safe! 🤘🏻

Sponsored

NH-JT

First Name
Krister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Can we get some close-ups of the brackets?
[/QUOTE]

Just a flat piece of 1/4” with a tab welded on to bolt to the rail. I had to extend out 8” from the truck so the pedal wouldn’t contact the topper.

The bracket is plenty solid, but I’m getting some flex from the inner wall of the bed.

My previous bracket that was braced to my Yakima rack had zero flex.

490DCB89-2B83-49B6-A313-EEF107B639BC.jpeg

EC60D351-7C11-4715-BFDE-6A5937E72692.jpeg

FB16B9BA-3C57-4A48-A5D0-4B19E44B319E.jpeg

F97E307E-496F-4292-A3EC-05A757E7FF86.jpeg

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Can we get some close-ups of the brackets?
Just a flat piece of 1/4” with a tab welded on to bolt to the rail. I had to extend out 8” from the truck so the pedal wouldn’t contact the topper.

The bracket is plenty solid, but I’m getting some flex from the inner wall of the bed.

My previous bracket that was braced to my Yakima rack had zero flex.

Jeep Gladiator Mountain Bikes - How are you guys carrying them?? F97E307E-496F-4292-A3EC-05A757E7FF86

Jeep Gladiator Mountain Bikes - How are you guys carrying them?? F97E307E-496F-4292-A3EC-05A757E7FF86

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I've been wanting to side mount a couple of trays like that and wondered if a bracket would be stiff enough. I've got an Overhaul HD, but not the SideBars, so I was hoping to just use the rail.

psyvad

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V
Diamonback se.
Rhino rack HD cross bars.
Yakima high road.

Bike rack takes seconds to install.
Lifting that 70 lb bike up there is not for the weak. Hahaha.
That looks like the exact setup I need. I saw that Diamondback does sell Front Runner tracks and crossbars, but the Rhino rack seems a lot more secure with the locks. Question: If there was a track mounted on the small fixed center panel, would it be large enough to fit the bar mount you are using?
Thanks!

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
That looks like the exact setup I need. I saw that Diamondback does sell Front Runner tracks and crossbars, but the Rhino rack seems a lot more secure with the locks. Question: If there was a track mounted on the small fixed center panel, would it be large enough to fit the bar mount you are using?
Thanks!
Yes, it is wide enough to hold another base. I even have enough track and anchors left over from the install to fill that spot if I wanted to. I just haven't bothered since I don't see myself using that space. But I might one day just to use the extra hardware and give myself the option.

psyvad

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-V
Yes, it is wide enough to hold another base. I even have enough track and anchors left over from the install to fill that spot if I wanted to. I just haven't bothered since I don't see myself using that space. But I might one day just to use the extra hardware and give myself the option.
Thanks for the quick reply! I saw this setup where the front panel can be opened with the bike on the rack https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/pics-of-your-bed-crossbars.36532/post-593335. Do you remember what part numbers you ordered for the track?

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Fox Factory. I get a pro deal so 40% off but any reputable brand is a good pad IMO.

633CACB4-F686-4BAE-8F21-9BC37686FCB5.jpeg

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Thanks for the quick reply! I saw this setup where the front panel can be opened with the bike on the rack https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/pics-of-your-bed-crossbars.36532/post-593335. Do you remember what part numbers you ordered for the track?
Yeah, that's a good idea.

Here's the one I got. All the components are listed individually on the rhino website. I chopped the tracks with a miter saw using a general purpose blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Rack-Heavy-Topper-System/dp/B00CEHDUMW

NH-JT

First Name
Krister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I've been wanting to side mount a couple of trays like that and wondered if a bracket would be stiff enough. I've got an Overhaul HD, but not the SideBars, so I was hoping to just use the rail.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t recommend using just the rail for an attachment point. Mine is also bolted to the RLD canopy and still isn’t quite as rigid as I’d like.
Sponsored