Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I've got a co-worker who says my Jeep truck looks like a top hat, every day... Won't stop.

Everyone else thinks it's cool and is surprised that Jeep makes a truck

80301555-C47C-48AB-8F42-8E715E29472C.png
Top Hat ! That is Great ! I love it. I am going to use that line. The Gladiator does look like a top hat, which is really cool. Most other trucks look rounded, glammed up, and mall-odized to me.

0oZItJ.jpg
Sponsored

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm noticing a lot of shade from Tacoma owners.... Probably got regrets on their part. I almost made that mistake.

At this point, I'm too old to care what others think. I like it, it makes me happy. It passes the two tests I have with vehicles... 1. I look back at it when I leave it in a lot. 2. I want to spend extra money on things for it.
I traded my 2014 Tacoma and have no regrets! Yes it was a reliable machine, but the gladiator looks and drives so much better.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
At this point, I'm too old to care what others think. I like it, it makes me happy. It passes the two tests I have with vehicles... 1. I look back at it when I leave it in a lot. 2. I want to spend extra money on things for it.
Well said...and true. I guess you could also add wives to the 2 test rule too. Ha.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm noticing a lot of shade from Tacoma owners.... Probably got regrets on their part. I almost made that mistake.

The reason Taco owners hate the JTR, is because a 100% stock JTR with the sway bar disconnected BEAT the new Tacoma on the RTI ramp... The kicker, is that the Taco even had a $5000 suspension under it, and the STOCK JTR still beat it. ;)

That's why they hate it so much, because their trucks are inferior in every way... Except for driving on the asphalt. :CWL:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I thought we had a better 0-60 time too.
Just checked my sources.... looks like it depends on the package.

The reason Taco owners hate the JTR, is because a 100% stock JTR with the sway bar disconnected BEAT the new Tacoma on the RTI ramp... The kicker, is that the Taco even had a $5000 suspension under it, and the STOCK JTR still beat it. ;)

That's why they hate it so much, because their trucks are inferior in every way... Except for driving on the asphalt. :CWL:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought we had a better 0-60 time too.
Possibly... I haven't checked the specs on the 2020 Taco. I know my 2017 Taco Prerunner (ex cab, 4 cyl. 2wd) work-issued truck is a complete dog (and a complete POS). It has NO power at all. Won't even get out of its own way. It's so lacking in power, it's almost got me into several head-ons trying to pass people who speed up (like dickheads) when you try to pass them.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Mine did better at altitude over my 2018 Subaru Outback. Passing on a mountain road in that thing was taking your life into your hands. 60-80 in like 20 seconds. I checked some 0-60 times. Hard to say. Looks like it is based on package the Jeep has. Granted those numbers are always not real world. They beat the hell out of a vehicle to get them.

Possibly... I haven't checked the specs on the 2020 Taco. I know my 2017 Taco Prerunner (ex cab, 4 cyl. 2wd) work-issued truck is a complete dog (and a complete POS). It has NO power at all. Won't even get out of its own way. It's so lacking in power, it's almost got me into several head-ons trying to pass people who speed up (like dickheads) when you try to pass them.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That's where my family is originally from... Small world.
I’m actually in Cullman right now. I don’t have my Gladiator. I flew in last minute after I finished up some work commitments and met my fiancé here. We will drive back in a day or two.

It hasn’t changed much since I was here last year. It’s pretty here. We just did some trail running out by St Bernards. She went to school there. Amazing place.

Last edited:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I'm divorced. Not so much as a girlfriend these days. The kids love it. I did take it to Denver today for a bbq and my friends' wives took it for a cruise with the roof off. They were gone a very long time....some off roading may have happened and I may have sold a few more.

Well said...and true. I guess you could also add wives to the 2 test rule too. Ha.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
A handful of asshats feel the need to tell me how ugly it is. It’s just weird. I don’t really care, it actually entertains me.
First day I had mine I went into Kohls, and a girl asked me how I felt about not buying a real truck......lmao

makes me think of this hilarious line in Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. 1593315188403

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I've gotten at least a dozen "nice jeep" comments... from kids! Don't really care about what other adults think.
Good point. I haven't had a kid yet say it looked bad. My boys love it and it makes me smile every day.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport
Bought my first Jeep in January, a JL Sport. Maybe it's because I haven't been a hardcore Jeeper for decades, but if I had the garage room to fit a JT I would have bought one. I think it meets a lot of fun needs and as a custom convertible truck owner the past 25 years it rates super cool with me.

VirTex

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Gotta agree with this. The bed-to-cab height is my issue. The bed looks too shallow up against the cab, especially now that I have the soft top on.
The bed height was the issue when I first saw the Gladiator. A deeper bed would have looked better and Provided a more aggressive look overall, but wouldn’t have been as practical in accessing it from the side (which would have been perfectly ok with me). I think that is one reason that the bed racks are so popular, as it visually compensates for the shallow bed look. I think the aftermarket will continue to create add-on’s to address this (roll bars, bed rails, etc).
Agree with others that a good lift/tire combo helps tremendously. I didn’t get many people coming up to compliment my JTR until I got the lift, and now all eyes are on it.

52178F87-05AE-4163-B019-40880DCD8107.jpeg

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I’m actually in Cullman right now. I don’t have my Gladiator. I flew in last minute after I finished up some work commitments and met my fiancé here. We will drive back in a day or two.

It hasn’t changed much since I was here last year. It’s pretty here. We just did some trail running out by St Bernards. She went to school there. Amazing place.
I live in Huntsville (well, Madison). Small world indeed. Lol

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Yeah, I think that’s part of it for sure. I also think it’s because there was a lot of hype about it for years, and also arrogant wrangler owners.
Sponsored