First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Anyway to use Jscan instead of alfaobd? I have a 2022 i have not bought Alfaobd but I saw people were having issues with the 2022 models. I might have misunderstood.
I don't think JSCAN can do it. Too many oddball settings. The 2022 problem I am not aware of. Definitely don't buy anything unless someone confirms AlfaOBD works. Also check the parts carefully. Things can change like CVPM.
Sponsored

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Aux switches, OEM front trail cam, and factory tow package fan and alternator...

The mods I wanted and don't have because I had to have that color that was already in the lot and did not wanted to wait for an order...

You are doing everything I will be doing eventually... 👍

Bookmarked!

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Aux switches, OEM front trail cam, and factory tow package fan and alternator...

The mods I wanted and don't have because I had to have that color that was already in the lot and did not wanted to wait for an order...

You are doing everything I will be doing eventually... 👍

Bookmarked!
It....

wasn't fun. Do Aux and Trailcam at the same time.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2004 TJ Wrangler X
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Awaiting parts. FYI the rear camera (6NN98PGGAD) in sarge green is available now. Just ordered it from BAM.

I'm planning on doing trail cam, aux switches, and inverter outlet in the bed at the same time. I want to try and make the harness myself but it's nice knowing that I can get one from @Jimmy07.

I will need a tazer mini to enable the inverter, wondering if I can use this to enable the trail cam also.

Watching this thread and @Jimmy07 thread like a hawk for updates.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Awaiting parts. FYI the rear camera (6NN98PGGAD) in sarge green is available now. Just ordered it from BAM.

I'm planning on doing trail cam, aux switches, and inverter outlet in the bed at the same time. I want to try and make the harness myself but it's nice knowing that I can get one from @Jimmy07.

I will need a tazer mini to enable the inverter, wondering if I can use this to enable the trail cam also.

Watching this thread and @Jimmy07 thread like a hawk for updates.
Do you have an auto?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I'd consider running the CVPM power wire and front camera coax down the driver side edge and through the 'clutch grommet' hole. This leaves the entire 'firewall grommet nipple' on the passenger side under the PDC available for the Aux switch harness. It was a bitch fishing that through.

Another good idea I had after the fact is to use a very short ...maybe 2 feet...coax from front camera to the next cable that goes to the CVPM. A short female to male jumper. Makes removing the grille easier. I have to unclip and unroute the cable from the grille section when removing it to work on the truck. Wrap all the coax in Tesa tape. Takes awhile but worth it.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Thanks for the tip. Approximately how long does it take? I'm not in a rush and can use another vehicle as a daily driver

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the tip. Approximately how long does it take? I'm not in a rush and can use another vehicle as a daily driver
If you're good at removing interior panels and not breaking shit ( have fun with that giant rear cab piece ), it could be done in a day. I could do it 3x as fast now. The washer pump tripped me up. I removed the PDC to get at the firewall grommet. This is very risky if you are not careful and/or not good with electrical harnesses and connectors. Watch the Genesis dual battery install videos.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I really wish someone would make a great install video for this. Seems like such a big project

Sponsored

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder/CWI
I'll provide the truck and parts if someone wants to do the install I can run the camera

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I really wish someone would make a great install video for this. Seems like such a big project
While not an "install video", I did post some videos walking along the truck explaining what's going on.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder/CWI
@ecidiego I read on another thread that I would need this part: Adapter RG 174 COAX 9977-6-8

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 1675372460450

I can only find it through MOPAR specialty tools. I'm thinking this is something the dealership needs to flash the system but I'm not sure. Any idea if this is accurate?

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
@ecidiego I read on another thread that I would need this part: Adapter RG 174 COAX 9977-6-8

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 1675372460450

I can only find it through MOPAR specialty tools. I'm thinking this is something the dealership needs to flash the system but I'm not sure. Any idea if this is accurate?
You only need the cables mentioned. Ignore that other post.

Also - the dealer will not flash anything. They can't help with this mod other than selling MOPAR parts. You need to use AlfaOBD.

Daa03c

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2022
Occupation
Healthcare
Alpha OBD still no support for 2022 truck. I talked to Jscan and showed them the Alpha OBD settings that need to be changed and they said they could do it. I have not confirmed it. Very expensive experiment.
Sponsored