Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
*** UPDATE 2/2/2024 ***

Installation method of installing CVPM under the seat / behind glovebox / wherever it fits and using CAN bus in glovebox CONFIRMED to work. This greatly simplifies the install. If you do this you need to adjust some things:

1. Camera cable from trailcam to CVPM ( shorter )
2. Camera cable jumper from 8.4 connection in passenger kickpanel to CVPM ( shorter )
3. Camera cable jumper from rear camera connection in passenger kickpanel to CVPM ( shorter )
4. The rear camera cable jumper in the tailgate stays the same
5. You need to "rig" the CVPM to stay put wherever you choose to mount it.
6. If you order the harness from Jimmy, he can make a length that is appropriate for your mount point.

Doing it this way saves removing a lot of interior, removing the rear seat, the sub, saves a LOT of time and work, and broken clips.

Credit to @DailyDrivenTJ , @RustyC , and @Alc for attempting this and proving it out.

IMPORTANT: Diesel trucks need a different camera washer hose, and might not have a different pump harness, might just need to reverse the pins OR reverse the hose connections if they reach.

@RustyC has an Australian truck and there are apparently differences there too.

END UPDATE ***

*** UPDATE 8/15/2023

Other than the parts list and connections, much of this can be simplified. No one has tried this idea yet but maybe someone can give it a go. Instead of installing the CVPM behind the rear cab trim as the factory does - a GREATLY simplified method would be to install the CVPM either under the passenger seat or behind the glovebox. You'd make all the same connections using much shorter cables. You'd use a ground on the passenger kick panel. You'd use the CAN bus junction present on the glove box dash rail. If you have factory Aux, run the CVPM power to the ignition on wire. If you have aftermarket or added later OEM aux, you could connect to one of the 15a switches and set it to ignition on. You'd have a far more serviceable installation and the only firewall penetration would be the front camera cable. I'd also recommend a front camera junction at the radiator support. That way you can quickly disconnect the camera and washer and take the grille off when needed. The methods described below WORK and are factory like, but possibly unnecessary.

END UPDATE ***

All credit to @bryanklay and @Jimmy07 . His detailed thread here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-trail-camera-to-gladiator-diy-writeup.35026/

...should be the start of your reading, to get the general idea. Do not use Jimmy's thread for the Mopar parts list, use mine. His thread is fine for the Fakra cable needs and the harness. ONLY USE MY LIST for Mopar parts unless he updates his thread. There are some missing parts and a "gotcha" if you have a 2021+ Gladiator. As of 6/20/2023, this mod has worked on 2020, 2021, and 2022 Gladiators. 2023 - no one knows.

*** BEGINNING OF PARTS LIST ***

Mopar parts List:

Front Camera parts:

68436466AA
Front camera
68396526AB Front camera bracket
06510197AA (2) TWO Front camera bracket nuts
68090949AA (2) TWO Front camera bracket screws
6QN24RXFAD Front camera grille section

Behind rear seat parts ( GET THE CORRECT CVPM FOR YOUR YEAR ):

2020 CVPM: 68329740AE ( confirmed to work on 2020, DOES NOT WORK ON 2021 +)

2021 - 2023 CVPM: 4672861AC ( confirmed to work on 2021 and 2022, no 2023 owner has done the mod and reported here yet )

< obviously only order one of, and the correct year, of the above >

06104378AA
(2) TWO CVPM bolts
06506955AA (2) TWO CVPM snap nuts

Washer parts ( see notes below RE: Diesel ):

68370828AA
Hose 1: washer hose between washer nozzle elbow and Hose 2
68456244AA Hose 2: washer hose between Hose 1 and pump ( diesels MAY be DIFFERENT, I don't know the part )
68370210AA
Camera washer nozzle
68370825AA Washer nozzle elbow
68310928AA Washer pump
68382603AB Washer wiring harness ( diesels MAY be DIFFERENT, I don't know the part )

Rear Camera ( PICK THE ONE THAT CORRESPONDS TO YOUR COLOR ):

6NN98VGVAD
Gator
6NN98GW7AD White
6NN98LAUAD Granite Crystal
6NN98RUAAD Gobi
6NN98MRCAD Red
6NN98PDNAD Sting Gray
6NN98DX8AD Black
6NN98JSCAD Billet Silver
6NN98MBJAD Hydro Blue
6NN98SE4AD Punkn
6NN98PGGAD Sarge Green
6NN98SSEAD Silver Zenith

( other colors like Snazberry exist, post if you know the part and I'll add it )

NOTE regarding Mopar parts. The online diagrams on the Mopar parts sites are often WRONG. For example, the front camera grille section appears wrong on some sites - looks like the non Trailcam grille. The part is right. Another - Hose 2. Looks COMPLETELY wrong on the online docs, like from a completely different vehicle. It is the correct part and fits like a glove. I purchased the parts listed above and they are CORRECT.

FAKRA Z cables needed ( 5 ):

( 1 ) 12" Male to Female Fakra Z to connect new rear camera to existing cable inside tailgate:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Extension-Compatible-Navigation-Telematics/dp/B09TZW4XGG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fakra+z+male+to+female&qid=1600016756&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-3&th=1

( 1 ) 10' Male to Female Fakra Z to connect CVPM output to 8.4 radio input:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Extension-Compatible-Navigation-Telematics/dp/B07M7TG6V2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fakra+z+male+to+female&qid=1600016756&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-3&th=1

( 1 ) 10' Female to Female Fakra Z to connect CPVM rear camera input to interior side rear camera cable:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Extension-Navigation-Satellite-Telematics/dp/B07P2VBYWZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=fakra+z+male+to+female&qid=1600016756&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFCWVpGQkM0NU05NEgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NjQyNzYzQ0Q1QUlMNDU5NFlEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNzUwNzcyRTRXSkwzNjdFWElTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

*** Front Camera needs about 20' Female to Female, but Bingfu no longer makes this, so use two cables below ***

( 1 ) 16.5' Male to Female Fakra Z to connect front camera to rear seat jumper Fakra Z below this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Extension-Compatible-Navigation-Telematics/dp/B07HP647BX/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fakra+z+male+to+female&qid=1600016756&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-3&th=1

( 1 ) 3.28' Female to Female Fakra Z to connect CVPM front camera input to cable above that you ran all the way to the rear cab wall just before the CVPM:

https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Extension-Navigation-Satellite-Telematics/dp/B07P5BRSC8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=fakra+z+male+to+female&qid=1600016756&sprefix=fakra+z+&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFCWVpGQkM0NU05NEgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NjQyNzYzQ0Q1QUlMNDU5NFlEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNzUwNzcyRTRXSkwzNjdFWElTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

CVPM Harness needed:

Either build per Jimmy's thread linked above or PM him and pay him to make you one.

*** END OF PARTS LIST ***

@AllMoparParts.com you should kit the Mopar parts the way you did the Proximity Locks. Would make it less intimidating for people. Make sure you make a year selection in the kit so you ship the correct CVPM as well as a color selection for the correct rear camera. Not sure of the interest this would have. The job looks scarier than it is.

Pics of necessary interior breakdown. I am removing both passenger and driver side sill trim. I am doing the Aux switches install at the same time. Power for CVPM and the Aux switch harness will go passenger side firewall grommet. Front Trailcam video cable goes driver side through MT clutch grommet. ( I have an auto ). The other video cables go passenger side. I didn't want the front cam video cable running parallel with the power wires.

You don't have to remove the front seats or do anything with the center console. The pics show the breakdown needed inside.

This is the factory rear camera cable ( without front trailcam ) to 8.4 head unit connector. You disconnect these from each other. The 8.4 side goes back to the rear cab wall via a new jumper cable that you connect to the CVPM output. The rear camera side gets run to the same place via a new jumper cable, and connects to the rear camera input.

20220329_185306.jpg

Break the front and rear sill down this far, so you can neatly route the camera and power cables.

20220329_185312.jpg

20220329_185318.jpg

Break the rear down this far. The CVPM will go in the currently empty space in the middle.

20220329_185336.jpg

Wiring:

Washer hose detail:

Done:

Sponsored

Last edited:

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Oh snap! Can’t wait. Wish I had the front cam more than anything else that didn’t come OEM

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Using @Jimmy07 's Amazon links for the camera connections, and BAM Wholesale for the Jeep parts, I am coming in under $800. The only thing BAM doesn't have is the front camera bracket. EDIT APRIL 14: That's because it was the wrong part # . Granted you then need AlfaOBD etc... but whatever. It will probably end up being $1200 when done, double the OEM cost, but I wanted that Jeep on the lot.

Jimmy's harness price is fair. You aren't just paying for the wire. You're paying the man who figured this whole thing out. Contact him for price. I'd buy one sooner rather than later. A lot of times talented guys like him come and go - he might decide sipping Pina Colada's on a pool deck is more fun than making random harnesses for Jeep bros!

Last edited:

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Using @Jimmy07 's Amazon links for the camera connections, and BAM Wholesale for the Jeep parts, I am coming in under $800. The only thing BAM doesn't have is the front camera bracket. Quadratec has it for 12 bucks. Granted you then need AlfaOBD etc... but whatever. It will probably end up being $1200 when done, double the OEM cost, but I wanted that Jeep on the lot.

Jimmy's harness price is fair. You aren't just paying for the wire. You're paying the man who figured this whole thing out. Contact him for price. I'd buy one sooner rather than later. A lot of times talented guys like him come and go - he might decide sipping Pina Colada's on a pool deck is more fun than making random harnesses for Jeep bros!
This kit is complete for $180. What am I missing here?
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z-jt-cam/

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This kit is complete for $180. What am I missing here?
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z-jt-cam/
This is the OEM front trail cam. It is an HD camera ( Z Auto is 480 on an RCA connector ) with the integrated spray washer, overlaid wheels on the 8.4 display showing your current track. I am aware of the Z Auto but want the OEM system as I find it superior and worth the time and money.

Quick primer on it:

Z Auto is cool if you are fine with it. I want the OEM.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
👆 This! And less places to run cables.
I get it, but it's apples and oranges. I wish there was a comparable aftermarket system but there is not. I want the apple you want the orange. No problem either way.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Well show us when your done and the $$$ spent please… I also would like a video of comparison on the front to the rear camera.:)

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
This is the OEM front trail cam. It is an HD camera ( Z Auto is 480 on an RCA connector ) with the integrated spray washer, overlaid wheels on the 8.4 display showing your current track. I am aware of the Z Auto but want the OEM system as I find it superior and worth the time and money.

Quick primer on it:

Z Auto is cool if you are fine with it. I want the OEM.
That thing is sweet! Love the wash function. Yeah I'm running the z auto one and it's perfect for parking. But it would be nice to have that factory HD one for when you're either on the trail or rock crawling. I run an aftermarket trail cam on my Tacoma and it's nicer to have that wider angle function to see what's below you on both sides.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Well show us when your done and the $$$ spent please… I also would like a video of comparison on the front to the rear camera.:)
Fo' sho. Interesting thing about this is I also have to replace my factory rear camera. The unit that works with the front trail cam is different.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
To be clear, there are only 2 real issues with this:

1. The firewall. Yes, that always sucks.
2. How the hell to do it? @Jimmy07 solved that.

Pulling trim - blah I just did all that with my ArmorLite install.

From there it's "just money" guys. As Jeep dudes - we are used to it.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Saved..

Using this post today June 11 2023. READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD...ALL REPLIES....BEFORE EMBARKING.

I do wish I made a video of the front half...the washer and all that. It got frustrating there and I just defaulted to getting shit done instead of filming.

I removed all of the ECU bolts ...all of the washer tank bolts...literally lifted the tank up and then I realized all I had to do was pull off the intake tube. You do have to remove one ECU bolt as mentioned above for cable routing but that's it. I'm an expert now but I'm not gonna teardown and make a video for this step. Sorry. :/

Always willing to take a call or post tho.

Last edited:

Gecko Mojave

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Mojave 11 CTS-V wagon 84 Wagoneer
Occupation
Staff at an automotive college