First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
So you will probably need the washer hose from the pump to the grill hose (see screenshot) and the jumper harness (see Jimmy’s parts list) for the Trailcam, otherwise your washer inputs will be backwards (cam washer soft key will run hood nozzles and wiper stock will run the Trailcam nozzle).

E80B775B-08C2-4B17-AC15-838704539831.png
Yep, I got everything off Jimmy's bill of materials...but that part # isn't in it?

Jumper harness meaning where? I have his CVPM harness with the power wire and CAN bus connector...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Nevermind, in his parts list he mentioned the jumper harness being a different part # but then says it isn't need because the wiring is the same?

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Nevermind, in his parts list he mentioned the jumper harness being a different part # but then says it isn't need because the wiring is the same?
But it is needed after a review of the schematic by Jimmy. The washer hose segment wasn’t in the list. Those are the only two updates I ran into. Everything else is good to go

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Pics of necessary interior breakdown. I am removing both passenger and driver side sill trim. I am doing the Aux switches install at the same time. Power for CVPM and the Aux switch harness will go passenger side firewall grommet. Front Trailcam video cable goes driver side through MT clutch grommet. ( I have an auto ). The other video cables go passenger side. I didn't want the front cam video cable running parallel with the power wires.

You don't have to remove the front seats or do anything with the center console. The pics show the breakdown needed inside.

This is the factory rear camera cable ( without front trailcam ) to 8.4 head unit connector. You disconnect these from each other. The 8.4 side goes back to the rear cab wall via a new jumper cable that you connect to the CVPM output. The rear camera side gets run to the same place via a new jumper cable, and connects to the rear camera input.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220329_185306

Break the front and rear sill down this far, so you can neatly route the camera and power cables.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220329_185312

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220329_185318

Break the rear down this far. The CVPM will go in the currently empty space in the middle.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220329_185336

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
But it is needed after a review of the schematic by Jimmy. The washer hose segment wasn’t in the list. Those are the only two updates I ran into. Everything else is good to go
Got it thanks. He just told me to reverse the wires. I have a large depinning set. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if it is worth the trouble. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This is the BOM I used from his main thread:

Front camera- 68436466AA
Front camera bracket- 68396626AB
(2) Camera bracket nut- 06510197AA
(2) camera bracket screw- 68090949AA
Camera grille section- 6QN24RXFAC
CVPM- 68329740AE
(2) CVPM bolts- 06104378AA
(2) CVPM snap nut- 06506955AA
Camera washer hose- 68370828AA
Camera washer nozzle- 68370210AA
Washer nozzle elbow- 68370825AA
Washer Pump- 68310928AA

Did you have 68370828AA and then need that other part as well? If so I'll order it now. Ugh!

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
2 wires at pump. I can just depin those and reverse them. Thanks a ton for pointing that out.

Washer hose you mentioned I just ordered expedited from BAM.

I can't wait till this is over.

Got any pics of your hose routing in the grill and pump area? How many clips did you break on the rear panel at the top? 5 out of 6 here! Going to try to fix somehow and not blow 250$ on a new rear panel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
After work I:

Installed CVPM, Front grill/camera etc, rear camera, ran rear camera cable, cvpm output cable, and cvpm harness. Started dicking wish the washer pump.....

Omfg the washer pump is WORSE than running wires through the firewall. What a freaking nightmare. Half off. I'm trying to remove the computer, still connected to the harnesses, from the black mounting plate that's bolted to the washer reservoir. The damn pump is inside a 'cave' the reservoir forms. Looks like hoses will be a bitch too.

Prior to that no real issues other than the top 6 clips of the back interior panel. Broke 5 out of 6. Going to try epoxy before dropping 250 on a new panel. No idea how you can those off without destroying them other than luck.

Left to do:

Washer pump and hoses

Run front camera cable ( should be easy, going through clutch grommet driver side )

AlfaOBD

6 hours in so far.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The new rear camera is noticeably larger than the standard rear camera.

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220330_171141

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Me not giving a shit about appearance but giving a shit about bend radius and rattles. I didn't want to remove the factory cable so I just jumped off it. You can optionally run the new jumper through the tailgate hole to the connector at the center rear of the bed and bypass the short factory jumper.

This is the new rear camera in the tailgate. I wish I found a shorter jumper. Like 6".

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220330_172100

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Added critical info to 1st post.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Wiring explanation:

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
when i did the initial install for this, i had the whole interior removed for the install. as to the washer bottle it was easy in my opinion. on the issue of the back panel, yes you will break a few clips. i know i did, but once you do the install, you will not remove the back panel again. congrads on the install. you will love having the factory front camera.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
when i did the initial install for this, i had the whole interior removed for the install. as to the washer bottle it was easy in my opinion. on the issue of the back panel, yes you will break a few clips. i know i did, but once you do the install, you will not remove the back panel again. congrads on the install. you will love having the factory front camera.
Thanks for trailblazing this!! If you ever need a new CVPM let me know, lol! Naturally the wrong part I bought was the most expensive part of the install. BAM won't take it back as I threw the box away and installed it. They'd be able to tell given the plastic plungers.
Sponsored