WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
This kit is complete for $180. What am I missing here?
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z-jt-cam/
I've gone through 2 zauto front cam kits and they suck. Blue screens, poor cam image quality, purple hazing of the image, etc. It has just been one problem after the other with the zauto kit coupled with their terrible customer service. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the zauto fanboys for this, but I've replaced the front cam 3 times, harness adaptor twice and the cable twice now and I'm done with it. I'm now awaiting delivery of the parts to do the OEM front cam.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I've gone through 2 zauto front cam kits and they suck. Blue screens, poor cam image quality, purple hazing of the image, etc. It has just been one problem after the other with the zauto kit coupled with their terrible customer service. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the zauto fanboys for this, but I've replaced the front cam 3 times, harness adaptor twice and the cable twice now and I'm done with it. I'm now awaiting delivery of the parts to do the OEM front cam.
Good to know. I have not had any issue yet. Fingers crossed. I will agree the low res is a little less than desirable, but it is a cheap/easy solution.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. I have not had any issue yet. Fingers crossed. I will agree the low res is a little less than desirable, but it is a cheap/easy solution.
Yeah, I was hopeful. I went in fully aware of the lower resolution. However, two of the cams were very blurry, not a lower res issue. The third (second cam I received) was good considering the resolution, but it constantly flaked out by having a purple haze over the entire screen. I've replaced all components at least twice and I believe it's a cam quality issue. I would have left well enough alone with the one cam that had decent image quality, but it was the one that constantly flaked out and was unusable. Figure if I'm
going to tear it all apart a 4th time, I'm giving the trail cam retrofit a try.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So you need the 8.4" head unit to run the oem mod?

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
It appears the front trail cam can only be optioned on the Rubi and Mojave if I am to believe the configurator?

Also, for whatever reason, the configurator won't let you add both the gloss back grill and the trail cam. I would assume there would be no reason you could not just buy the gloss black grill later (since between the two adding the trail cam later seems to be a real PITA)?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It appears the front trail cam can only be optioned on the Rubi and Mojave if I am to believe the configurator?

Also, for whatever reason, the configurator won't let you add both the gloss back grill and the trail cam. I would assume there would be no reason you could not just buy the gloss black grill later (since between the two adding the trail cam later seems to be a real PITA)?
It could just be Jeep option weirdness.

As far as I can tell, the only things the entire system interfaces with is the 8.4 system and the CAN bus. Nothing else, anywhere. All Jeeps that can have 8.4 should also have the same CAN connector block in the backseat area.

Rear cam: connects to CVPM
Front cam: connects to CVPM
CVPM: connects to 8.4 and CAN bus.

The front, rear, and CVPM are all Front Trailcam option specific parts. CVPM power is a separate harness you build or buy. Literally nothing else needed on the vehicle other than all of the parts the option includes.

Literally no other system interfaces. The washer uses a different pump ( 2 outlets instead of 1 ), but the same plug.

I can't make any promises though, @Jimmy07 is the hero here on this stuff.

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I see it available on:

Overland
Mojave
Rubicon
High Altitude

It's going to be something with "we don't want to install one of the Front Trailcam body harnesses on a Sport, because that harness has a bunch of wiring a Sport doesn't need for other options."

My guess.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
All parts are in. Here are the major items... grill, both cameras, and CVPM. Here we go soon.....

Jeep Gladiator My OEM Front Trail Cam install thread 20220329_130644
So you will probably need the washer hose from the pump to the grill hose (see screenshot) and the jumper harness (see Jimmy’s parts list) for the Trailcam, otherwise your washer inputs will be backwards (cam washer soft key will run hood nozzles and wiper stock will run the Trailcam nozzle).

E80B775B-08C2-4B17-AC15-838704539831.png
Sponsored