First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I see a lot of dealers around here are offering up to 8% below invoice. What price point do I start from, the 5% below invoice? FFP, Invoice?

****EDIT****
as a point of clarification, which of the 4 prices should I be looking at and starting negotiation from? I understand the differences between them but fair market value is something entirely different then what Iā€™m seeing on the POC.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTOD, ā€™02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
I see a lot of dealers around here are offering up to 8% below invoice. What price point do I start from, the 5% below invoice? FFP, Invoice?
Not quite sure I understand your question, but
start with the spreadsheet link on this page. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/2021-gladiator-pricing-worksheet/

Youā€™ll see the MSRP and Invoice for all the options available on the Jeep build page, and can see what below invoice pricing is at virtually any discount %. You now have a great informational tool to use with your local dealership negotiations. Or with the no nonsense, below factory pricing dealerships, youā€™ll already know the price. Good luck.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
I live in Medina county, NE Ohio. The best price I could find in my area was not even close to the 8% below FWP (invoice) price I paid.

I don't think you find a lot of dealers at 8% below invoice. I purchased from Gupton Motors for several reasons. One being they treat their customers very well, probably selling 20 Gladiators to members of this forum a month. If someone had a bad experience we would have heard it. All we hear on this forum is great things about this dealership. When I'm in the market for another CJDR vehicle, I will purchase from them. Two, their prices are excellent, and completely match the order guide you can see at Order Guide. Three, they are a 1 day drive from my house.

If you need more reasons, look at this thread with a lot of comments: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...r-invoice-on-factory-builds.34440/post-645939

If you buy a loaded JTR, your FWP is rather high. Each 1% is substantial, in my case $571. The 8% below was $4,570 off FWP.

If you are asking, how do I get to Springfield, TN, you will find they have helped their customers get to the dealership. From Ohio, you can get an Enterprise rental car, and drop it off in Springfield.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I live in Medina county, NE Ohio. The best price I could find in my area was not even close to the 8% below FWP (invoice) price I paid.

I don't think you find a lot of dealers at 8% below invoice. I purchased from Gupton Motors for several reasons. One being they treat their customers very well, probably selling 20 Gladiators to members of this forum a month. If someone had a bad experience we would have heard it. All we hear on this forum is great things about this dealership. When I'm in the market for another CJDR vehicle, I will purchase from them. Two, their prices are excellent, and completely match the order guide you can see at Order Guide. Three, they are a 1 day drive from my house.

If you need more reasons, look at this thread with a lot of comments: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...r-invoice-on-factory-builds.34440/post-645939

If you buy a loaded JTR, your FWP is rather high. Each 1% is substantial, in my case $571. The 8% below was $4,570 off FWP.

If you are asking, how do I get to Springfield, TN, you will find they have helped their customers get to the dealership. From Ohio, you can get an Enterprise rental car, and drop it off in Springfield.
I'm just east of you in Pittsburgh and have been talking with Daniel. I'm going to order from him in the next week or so. The dealers here are giving me the BS "we can't discount Rubicons" and "we'd be losing money at that price". I found flights for $125 which would be cheaper/easier than driving. How was the drive back? That's a long stretch from Cinci to Pittsburgh of boring Ohio.... Anything to make sure I see when in TN?

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I'm just east of you in Pittsburgh and have been talking with Daniel. I'm going to order from him in the next week or so. The dealers here are giving me the BS "we can't discount Rubicons" and "we'd be losing money at that price". I found flights for $125 which would be cheaper/easier than driving. How was the drive back? That's a long stretch from Cinci to Pittsburgh of boring Ohio.... Anything to make sure I see when in TN?
Dealers can do whatever they want, and if they don't want to discount Rubicons, they don't.

From Cinci to Columbus, that drive is nothing but farmland. You might have such a large smile on your face on the way home you won't realize how fast you get there.

If you like Corvette's, there is the Corvette Museum in Boiling Green which is next to the assembly complex. I picked mine up mid-January, so not a lot of outdoor activities going on. Others have mentioned some good trails in TN to take in better weather. It was snowing for me on the way home once I was in Ohio. If you want to visit a rather unique zoo, check out this place which is near I-70 and I-77 in Ohio. TheWilds.org

A little out of the way on the way back is this in Kentucky: https://arkencounter.com/about/

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Huh, I have a friend in Bellvue KY, I make the trip from Cleveland to Ky through Cincinnati all the time to visit her. Wish I had known about this Gupton earlier. Though my wife's Cherokee lease is up in Sept, maybe we'll see them about getting her a JL.

Got my JT from Medina Automall though, no complaints, but I bought it in April of last year when dealers were in a panic and letting things go at crazy low prices.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Dealers can do whatever they want, and if they don't want to discount Rubicons, they don't.

From Cinci to Columbus, that drive is nothing but farmland. You might have such a large smile on your face on the way home you won't realize how fast you get there.

If you like Corvette's, there is the Corvette Museum in Boiling Green which is next to the assembly complex. I picked mine up mid-January, so not a lot of outdoor activities going on. Others have mentioned some good trails in TN to take in better weather. It was snowing for me on the way home once I was in Ohio. If you want to visit a rather unique zoo, check out this place which is near I-70 and I-77 in Ohio. TheWilds.org

A little out of the way on the way back is this in Kentucky: https://arkencounter.com/about/
I get it about the dealers, just wish there was someone local that was at least competitive but even factoring in a plane ticket and 8 hours driving/gas, I'm still saving almost $2,500 from the next best offer.

I'll take a look at those spots, sounds interesting! Thanks.

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
Everyone wants a dealer to not make money, but then they scream loudest about quality of the after sale service.

My dealer offered up 3% off invoice right off the bat on my ordered Mojave.

I have relied on them for a LOT over they past half dozen Jeeps, and I wasn't going to try to crank them out of some profit...knowing what having a good service department values at for me.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Everyone wants a dealer to not make money, but then they scream loudest about quality of the after sale service.

My dealer offered up 3% off invoice right off the bat on my ordered Mojave.

I have relied on them for a LOT over they past half dozen Jeeps, and I wasn't going to try to crank them out of some profit...knowing what having a good service department values at for me.
I'm happy that you found a dealership that has great service. I believe it isn't so much the dealership itself, but the mechanics that they have working for them. If you know which mechanic to request at the dealership, it's even better. But if you just take it in, you may get lucky, or you may not.

That 5% difference between what you paid and what I would have paid for similar cost JT's amounts to over $2,850. My savings nearly covered the cost of my tax. In my case, the dealership near me offered me 1% off invoice. Not very good. I shopped around, and found another dealership adding a $999 documentation fee, and $2,000 for their dealership installed upgrades that I didn't want.

Dealerships operate like businesses. The sales side isn't funding the service side or the parts side. Most of the time they operate independently from an accounting standpoint. Each part makes money. By paying more for a vehicle, do you think they tell all the mechanics, hey, guess what, you get a bonus today... unlikely.

flyinj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500, 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
blau iii,

It sounds like you are pretty solid on making your order, but thought I would pass this along just in case. I'm not too far from you in the State College, PA area. We worked with Craig Benner from Koons in Tysons Corner, VA leveraging their Group Buy program on a factory order 2021 JT Rubicon. I did 6% under invoice. I believe you can get 7% if you do the affiliate program. I ordered in mid October 2020 and picked it up on 12/31/2020. No surprises, well organized. We did an Enterprise rental here, drove 3.5 hours, was in/out of the dealer in less than 2 hours and dropped off the rental car about a mile from the dealership on the way out of town. Great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. The Jeep was for my wife. I have a Ram 2500 and will probably do the same thing with him when it comes time to replace that too. I believe he said he can do the Group Buy discount on Jeep, Ram and Dodge (but not Chrysler).

I too tried to deal with our local dealership with no luck. I've been able to work with them on Ram trucks, but not Jeeps. I tried on our previous Jeep but ended up driving to Maryland for that one. To save thousands, I'm willing to take a day trip.

This is our first factory order vehicle. There's something to be said about getting the exact vehicle that you want down to the finest of detail.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
blau iii,

It sounds like you are pretty solid on making your order, but thought I would pass this along just in case. I'm not too far from you in the State College, PA area. We worked with Craig Benner from Koons in Tysons Corner, VA leveraging their Group Buy program on a factory order 2021 JT Rubicon. I did 6% under invoice. I believe you can get 7% if you do the affiliate program. I ordered in mid October 2020 and picked it up on 12/31/2020. No surprises, well organized. We did an Enterprise rental here, drove 3.5 hours, was in/out of the dealer in less than 2 hours and dropped off the rental car about a mile from the dealership on the way out of town. Great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. The Jeep was for my wife. I have a Ram 2500 and will probably do the same thing with him when it comes time to replace that too. I believe he said he can do the Group Buy discount on Jeep, Ram and Dodge (but not Chrysler).

I too tried to deal with our local dealership with no luck. I've been able to work with them on Ram trucks, but not Jeeps. I tried on our previous Jeep but ended up driving to Maryland for that one. To save thousands, I'm willing to take a day trip.

This is our first factory order vehicle. There's something to be said about getting the exact vehicle that you want down to the finest of detail.
Thanks for the heads up. that's a full 5 hours closer than TN.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I got lucky. We have a commercial fleet account with a national company. Got 12% off invoice on the Rubicon I just ordered.

OP
OP
Burton79

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I got lucky. We have a commercial fleet account with a national company. Got 12% off invoice on the Rubicon I just ordered.
Damn thatā€™s good. Well done Wchevron

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I told the sales girl, Mystic Pizza was my favorite movie and she gave me another couple % off. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: