Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I never understood why some dealers refuse to perform service for a TSB issue? They get paid from the factory and get points from a happy customer so why fight? Do they get bounty payments from @JeepCares per rejection??
i too don't understand this. does anybody work at a dealership and can explain rationale?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
and the TSB does not call for an inspection
so how do i fight my dealership for saying their tech has to reproduce the wandering and determine its "not normal?"

As the TSB states, scanning the vehicle to make sure there are no issues with the current system is the first step. It never mentions inspecting the vehicle.
@JeepCares , what do you want me to tell the service manager who told me it has to be inspected after the "scan"?
Same thing was said to me actually. So the software update could conceivably fix the steering issues without having to replace parts.
I heard that the software check is to see if there are any other codes that could be the reason for the wandering before they just replace parts. But as I understood it, if no codes, they should replace the parts....

Last edited:

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
I never understood why some dealers refuse to perform service for a TSB issue? They get paid from the factory and get points from a happy customer so why fight?
TSB work is covered by the warranty (if the vehicle is still under warranty). If the vehicle is out of warranty, the customer pays for TSB work.
The problem is some time back FCA put the squeeze on dealer reimbursements for warranty work. The dealer will get paid less for the same work done under warranty than it would make if the customer pays for the same repair out of warranty. Why FCA couldn't comprehend that this means the dealer may fight customers on warranty repairs because they can make more money working on non-warranty repairs is beyond me. Unless the goal was to reduce warranty costs by making the dealer the bad guy.

Sponsored

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
TSB work is covered by the warranty (if the vehicle is still under warranty). If the vehicle is out of warranty, the customer pays for TSB work.
The problem is some time back FCA put the squeeze on dealer reimbursements for warranty work. The dealer will get paid less for the same work done under warranty than it would make if the customer pays for the same repair out of warranty. Why FCA couldn't comprehend that this means the dealer may fight customers on warranty repairs because they can make more money working on non-warranty repairs is beyond me. Unless the goal was to reduce warranty costs by making the dealer the bad guy.
And let me also point out that some states have laws that protect the dealer from lower reimbursements for warranty work. This can explain why some dealers are better than others for warranty work.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Please enlighten the crown on the Magnusen act and how it applies to this item under discussion. I am seriously curious, and have heard of the Magnusen act before, but know nothing about it.
Basically, dealer has to prove that ur aftermarket modification is the result of the failure in order to not cover the work under warranty.

Example: You put on an intake or exhaust and take the vehicle in for ac not blowing cold. All 3 are unrelated, but dealer denies warranty claim because they noticed you have aftermarket exhaust or intake. This is illegal.

Now for those of us who have lifts, larger tires/wheels, or any other mods that can potentially put extra stress on the suspension/steering of the vehicle, may encounter a problem. UNLESS the dealer put the mods on.

Unfortunately, they can still charge the diagnostic fee upfront just to examine it. If work is warranty, then ur reimbursed. Otherwise, u pay diag and work done.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the bottom of page 1 of the TSB says, "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure."

I'm taking this to the dealer when they scan it and point this out. Nothing about confirming the wandering. Mine wanders, PERFORM THE REPAIR PROCEDURE. :LOL:

Well hopefully that works.

Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
the bottom of page 1 of the TSB says, "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above, perform the Repair Procedure."

I'm taking this to the dealer when they scan it and point this out. Nothing about confirming the wandering. Mine wanders, PERFORM THE REPAIR PROCEDURE. :LOL:

Well hopefully that works.
I'm highlighting it on a copy I will be handing to them on Monday.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I called to inquire about it at Central Florida Dodge and the service department said they've been down this road before and there is no update. Extremely argumentative and said a TSB is between technicians only. LOL Looks like I will wait until others go through this to save the stress of dealing with complete imbeciles.

I have the same problem at Greenway, there's nothing wrong, there really puzzled how mine only has 6K miles on it, I tell I don't drive it, steers like crap, its all over the place, Tell them, I'm waiting for FCA to handle it,

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Those of you who have your appointments scheduled, did they inspect your rig yet? Anyone lifted with larger wheels? I am really concerned because my steering was trash and got better when I installed my Mopar lift. However, lifted with 37s going on I anticipate a lot of push back.....

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Replied to dealer appointment confirmation text. Asked if they had parts in stock. The replied back they need to analyze truck first. Shared TSB info on not mentioning any inspection and that it clearly states if customer is experiencing any symptoms perform repair. Silence since.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Replied to dealer appointment confirmation text. Asked if they had parts in stock. The replied back they need to analyze truck first. Shared TSB info on not mentioning any inspection and that it clearly states if customer is experiencing any symptoms perform repair. Silence since.
Got a feeling that is what a lot of folks might be hearing
Sponsored