Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Contacted my local dealer to get in line for this! its for all 2018-2000 Wranglers and Gladiators, so i wonder if the parts will be hard to come by.

They said the steering Gear wont be available till mid september, and said i have to bring the vehicle in to get checked for other codes that could be the cause of the "wander" before they order the parts and also so a tech can confirm the vehicle is doing what the service bulletin says it will fix.....

So hopefully they agree it wanders and don't say, "That's how jeeps feel, go home pizza boy."
Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My Sport S drives straight as a string with little input. But it would be nice to get a new, steel steering box. Makes me wonder if whining to the dealer would get a new steering box. Although I'd be worried the "technician" would make things worse somehow.
If you don't have problems with it I would leave it alone...

Sponsored

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Contacted my local dealer to get in line for this!

They said the steering Gear wont be available till mid september, and said i have to bring the vehicle in to get checked for other codes that could be the cause of the "wander" before they order the parts and also so a tech can confirm the vehicle is doing what the service bulletin says it will fix.....
This is exactly what I was told as well

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Good news. My faith in Jeep will be restored when it's done and works.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I called to inquire about it at Central Florida Dodge and the service department said they've been down this road before and there is no update. Extremely argumentative and said a TSB is between technicians only. LOL Looks like I will wait until others go through this to save the stress of dealing with complete imbeciles.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yea ill probably call and have them look. If they complain about the additions ill just argue that I had to do something about the problem my self since they couldn’t fix it and the tsb wasn’t out at that point.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Well I'll probably go ahead and throw the brace on anyway. The bracket needs the extra support. Who knows when I'll go back to the dealer or if the "fix" is really fixed.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I called to inquire about it at Central Florida Dodge and the service department said they've been down this road before and there is no update. Extremely argumentative and said a TSB is between technicians only. LOL Looks like I will wait until others go through this to save the stress of dealing with complete imbeciles.
@JeepCares , how should people be approaching this issue?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
SUBJECT:

Improved Steering Feel

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves replacing the steering gear and updating the Electric Hydraulic Power Steering
(EHPS) software, if required.

Someone with a big brain want to explain the rationale for EHPS?!?