Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I’m wondering if the notching is if the didn’t do software update? Anyone who had to go back for software update did you notice weird steering. Also. We did the bleeding again. My steering will pop up bubbles always
Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Another thing to say is the notching is consistent. Feels mechanical. It’s most noticeable at like turning left at like 10 o’clock

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Another thing to say is the notching is consistent. Feels mechanical. It’s most noticeable at like turning left at like 10 o’clock
They did replace your steering gear box right? The notchiness sounds like they tightened up the adjuster and called it good. New steering gear box should be black and have this part number, 68507576AA on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They did replace your steering gear box right? The notchiness sounds like they tightened up the adjuster and called it good. New steering gear box should be black and have this part number, 68507576AA on it.
Yeah, it should be smooth as silk, no odd feeling stop to stop, better road feel, return to center better after a turn, no noise, no jerking in the steering wheel.
It's really easy to tell by looking under the front of the truck, too - the pitman nut would have been off and put back on, the bolts through the frame should be different- new and the bolt that clamps the steering column shaft to the steering gear input should be new, too as it's the 5th bolt in the list of parts.

Snoopy 2

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
FFB6A02B-6069-4D7E-9D04-B339620FB590.jpeg
Just picked mines up...and like others said. Its night and day. No more wandering, correcting (and overcorrecting). Tracks straighter and here in Hawaii i can occasionally throw the “shaka” all while driving with one hand on the freeway. Hope you all get yours fixed soon.
Can i ask which dealership you went to...would like to go to one that has knowledge of the TSB? Thanks!

Sponsored

xs2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Anyone here took their truck into Costa Mesa, CA dealer to get this fixed? Any trouble?

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Has anyone had the TSB service performed in NJ at Ramsey or Paramus Jeep? Those are the two closest dealerships to me and I’d like to go to one that isn’t going to give me a hassle.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I’m positive it’s the new box and bolts.
Then frankly, I'd take it back, be factual, logical, etc. - and explain exactly when you first noticed it, exactly what it does, and under what conditions.
Explain that it started with the steering gear replacement - and didn't do it before, if that's the case, of course!
There's nothing you're going to be able to do to solve it, nor should you have to since it started with their fix.
Low fluid is one thing, but you've already covered that - although you should not have had to. That's part of their repair process - fluid, but I understand not wanting to drive miles and wait if that's all it was. Besides, having some fluid on hand is never a bad thing just in case of emergency, or as it ages.
I keep all fluids on hand for everything I own - but then, when you have a car with 100,000 miles, another with 193,000 miles, a WJ with 126,000 miles....... you expect to have to add something now and then LOL

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Hey I wanted to update the steering box on the ‘21 is the new version. My experience driving it home (500 mi) from the dealer... the steering felt almost too tight. If you even thought about turning the wheel it turned! I t was a bit of work, lots of correction on the highway. Now, it may be I’m just not used to it yet, I’ll give it couple weeks, and see how it is.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Hey I wanted to update the steering box on the ‘21 is the new version. My experience driving it home (500 mi) from the dealer... the steering felt almost too tight. If you even thought about turning the wheel it turned! I t was a bit of work, lots of correction on the highway. Now, it may be I’m just not used to it yet, I’ll give it couple weeks, and see how it is.
Check your air pressure in your tires, it's likely way too high if you just bought it, which makes these things very twitchy on the highway.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Check your air pressure in your tires, it's likely way too high if you just bought it, which makes these things very twitchy on the highway.
Dealer gave mine to me with 41 psi when door sticker clearly states 38 psi.
I put on Falken A/T rubicon take-offs for the winter - a shop jacked those up to 41
When I took it to the dealer for the free wave tire rotation, they took off the Rubicon tires and put the stock Overland tires and wheels back on and jacked those up to 41 again and I had them at 38, ready to go.
What the heck's up with these people? The door sticker, the factory, the tire makers themselves clearly state 38 but no matter what I put on that truck, tire shops, dealers, who-ever, seem to think all tires should be 41 psi.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I put on Falken A/T rubicon take-offs for the winter - a shop jacked those up to 41
When I took it to the dealer for the free wave tire rotation, they took off the Rubicon tires and put the stock Overland tires and wheels back on and jacked those up to 41 again and I had them at 38, ready to go.
What the heck's up with these people? The door sticker, the factory, the tire makers themselves clearly state 38 but no matter what I put on that truck, tire shops, dealers, who-ever, seem to think all tires should be 41 psi.
Same experience for me. I have discount tire rotate my 35s since it's free and Everytime they air them up to 40+psi from the 32 I run them at.

My Rubi JT (AT's) had 47 psi from the factory!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Same experience for me. I have discount tire rotate my 35s since it's free and Everytime they air them up to 40+psi from the 32 I run them at.

My Rubi JT (AT's) had 47 psi from the factory!
47????

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Ha! You're lucky. My back right was 47, 11PSI higher than recommended. The others were all around 42-45. That was white knuckle from the dealership home (about 1 hr on highway) with strong winds (40 sustained, gusts 60+).
Sponsored