Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Dealership is getting Steering boxes for those of us that @JeepCares escalated, box is assigned to the vin number so the dealer can only use it on that vehicle. My box is sitting at the dealership. Problem is, they are not getting the bolts - so the bolts are on the normal order process/waitlist. Apparently they can't escalate the bolts. My 2nd level @JeepCares person was helpful, but I haven't had any update from her this week-even after me trying to contact her a number of times.
its a bit of a cluster#@*# right now.

And with the scale of this issue, this dealership has 50 people on the waitlist right now.
Are you working with Nyle Maxwell?
Sponsored

Helicopt21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CGM Gladiator
I had a slight wander only at high speeds where if you took your eyes off the road you would be in another lane,Ii questioned if I should get it done or not, worried about the notch feeling others got. I have to say I am very glad I got it done, the steering feels like other cars, it is tight and has a solid feel where I have to put effort into steering vs the steering feeling sloppy.

My opinion is I suggest you get it done if you have any question in your head.
Best of luck to you all.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Dealership is getting Steering boxes for those of us that @JeepCares escalated, box is assigned to the vin number so the dealer can only use it on that vehicle. My box is sitting at the dealership. Problem is, they are not getting the bolts - so the bolts are on the normal order process/waitlist. Apparently they can't escalate the bolts. My 2nd level @JeepCares person was helpful, but I haven't had any update from her this week-even after me trying to contact her a number of times.
its a bit of a cluster#@*# right now.

And with the scale of this issue, this dealership has 50 people on the waitlist right now.
LOL.. my situation is the opposite.. bolts are in.. no steering box..
Cheers!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I signed paperwork Saturday evening for a smoking deal on 2020 JTR and asked about getting this TSB done before taking delivery and was told "The fix created a secondary problem and that FCA is working on a second fix" and was advised to wait. The new issue seems to be discussed in a couple of other threads talking about "notchy" steering after TSB. Seems like this could be the reason for cancelled orders.
So there are two bad steering boxes?! I thought the "notchy" steering was because the tech didn't fill the power steering fluid correctly? Do we have to lookout for another TSB to fix this TSB??
Took my Gladiator in this morning for TSB inspection and checking for software update. The couldn't find anything wrong. I was told there is a new TSB due out today and different parts. This information was from FCA district representative. I asked if this meant I wouldn't get the TSB update? The answer was the district rep. said if the customer wants it done we will do it. So now I am waiting on a call from the dealership who's waiting on a new TSB. I gave the dealer a copy of the August and September TSB which he had not seen..
I'm also waiting for parts from Faricy Boys. Been waiting almost 2 months now and it sounds like it'll be even longer now...I guess its worth waiting though if there's a fix needed for the fix!
I called today inquiring about my parts which were ordered on Oct. 7, 2020 at the Grapevine Jeep location and according to @JeepCares had an ETA of Nov. 16. I was told "there is no ETA and there is a national hold until December 7. The representative said that if the hold is lifted I might get an ETA then or the hold could be extended even further.
We apologize for any confusion. The current TSB has the correct part number to service your vehicle, and the process to order the parts has been communicated to all dealers. If you are in need of assistance, please send our team a private message with your dealer and VIN.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
We apologize for any confusion. The current TSB has the correct part number to service your vehicle, and the process to order the parts has been communicated to all dealers. If you are in need of assistance, please send our team a private message with your dealer and VIN.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
There is a disconnect with how @JeepCares agents are "ordering" parts on customer escalations, otherwise complete kits would arrive at the dealers, not partial ones.
Like I said I've been trying to get in touch with my agent all week, but been getting no responses. I'm just really tired of this and Christmas is fast approaching so expect even more delays.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There is a disconnect with how @JeepCares agents are "ordering" parts on customer escalations, otherwise complete kits would arrive at the dealers, not partial ones.
Like I said I've been trying to get in touch with my agent all week, but been getting no responses. I'm just really tired of this and Christmas is fast approaching so expect even more delays.
There is no "kit". The TSB clearly states the LIST of parts to order. I don't know where the "kit" idea comes from. It's a steering gear, 4 bolts to hold it to the frame, and the pinch bolt for the shaft, and fluid.
Those have to be ordered individually. There is no box of parts that contains the gear, bolts and fluid. Never had been.
If there was, the TSB would state "order kit 124 for JT, order kit 456 forJL and so on.
No kit.
The reason is that the steering gears are not being sold specifically for the TSB, they are parts the dealer could order any time even if there was a steering gear that was totally broken (cracked case, for example) on a 2021 - and it would already have the bolts.

So the disconnect is the dealers not ordering all of the needed parts, OR, like I was told months ago, the depot may have gears but not bolts, for example, or may have bolts because they are bolts after-all, and not steering gears.

Who said there were kits?
The TSB is pretty clear and plain on the LIST of individual parts needed and the number of each part needed.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Thanks for reaching out. I believe TXJT was misinformed about the new boxes. I had mine replaced quickly and correctly by my dealer and it has greatly improved the steering of the truck.

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
I had mine back into the dealership on Monday for the TSB fix. Took all day (don't get me started on my dealership!) but I got it back, and it is noticeably better. Steering wheel movement immediately results in wheel movement - much tighter.

I did have to wait months for the parts, and then when they came in I was under Covid quarantine, but it's done now...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine back into the dealership on Monday for the TSB fix. Took all day (don't get me started on my dealership!) but I got it back, and it is noticeably better. Steering wheel movement immediately results in wheel movement - much tighter.

I did have to wait months for the parts, and then when they came in I was under Covid quarantine, but it's done now...
That covid stuff is hitting really close to home now - my wife's cousin's husbad and one of their sons was positive, the inlaws of the son of one of my wife's friends - positive, a lady my wife is good friends with and who she does long-arm quilting for - quarantine just in case as she was exposed.
Hope the quarantine was just a precaution. It's just weird out there - stay safe.
And now that your truck is fixed steering-wise, you'll be even safer!

Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
That covid stuff is hitting really close to home now - my wife's cousin's husbad and one of their sons was positive, the inlaws of the son of one of my wife's friends - positive, a lady my wife is good friends with and who she does long-arm quilting for - quarantine just in case as she was exposed.
Hope the quarantine was just a precaution. It's just weird out there - stay safe.
And now that your truck is fixed steering-wise, you'll be even safer!
Thanks - my son actually got Covid (from in person school or copmpetitive gymnastics). He was only under the weather for a couple of days (he's 9 years old). So we had 10 days for him to be isolated, but as he could not really self isolate at his age, my wife and I were continually exposed.

My wife did get sick, and was tested (negative) but we assume that was a false negative and she had it. Our 2 week quarantine period after our son's time ended went until Thanksgiving.

But we're all healthy now and, as you said, my jeep is safer (and more fun!) to drive now that I can be out and about!

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got an update from the assigned Jeep case manager on my steering box and it’s not a great message... Currently, there is no ETA showing on the part order.

“This could be due to a number of factors including the order being upgraded....Due to COVID-19 additional delays may be seen with parts due to shutdowns.”

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Just got an update from the assigned Jeep case manager on my steering box and it’s not a great message... Currently, there is no ETA showing on the part order.

“This could be due to a number of factors including the order being upgraded....Due to COVID-19 additional delays may be seen with parts due to shutdowns.”
i got the same email a couple days ago

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the new Jeep process is to have a new list created at a corporate level to address the TSB issues?
Sponsored