Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
True. It's obvious they don't want to order the parts for whatever reason.
Most times it is because the warranty pay rate to the dealership from corporate sucks. They make more money doing full rate paid work.

You can push the issue up the chain and "make" them do the work but then you have an adverseral relationship and the quality of the work will come into question.

Best bet is to find another dealer that is more warranty work friendly.

Last edited:

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Most times it is because the warrant pay rate to the dealership from corporate sucks. They make more money doing full rate paid work.

You can push the issue up the chain and "make" them do the work but then you have an adverseral relationship and the quality of the work will come into question.

Best bet is to find another dealer that is more warranty work friendly.
There aren't any other dealers within a reasonable driving distance.
There may be two things at play here. Firstly, I didn't buy the Gladiator from them and secondly,
I'm currently some 2000 miles away. My GF took the Gladiator to the dealership. I'd like to think
the whole thing had nothing to do with the fact that a female asked for the parts order
but we all know that still happens.
I may end up calling the dealer and having a discussion with the service manager, as a start.

SOTX_JT

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Law
The 2021 comes with the steering box mentioned inthe TSB. So the issue of the aluminum steering box was resolved for 2021.
That doesn't mean every steel steering box is good though.

Thanks! I have mostly done city driving since I bought up until this weekend. Took her on a trip to a local beach area and seemed to track straight and no steering play at 75mph.

SOTX_JT

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Law
I just got a 2021 diesel and it wondered with stock tires but really wanders at highway speeds when I put on 35s. I'm going to drive it for a while longer before I take any action, because I want to see if I get used to it and if it gets any worse. The short highway speed trip yesterday was rough. I felt like I was going to roll off the road.

Yikes! hopefully you get that sorted out. Mine seems to be doing fine...tracked straight and wondering at 65-75...completely stock JT

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Find a different dealer or hit up JeepCares
Hi! We'd be happy to assist here.

NightFog, if you would like to discuss further, please send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mine does this too I noticed randomly the other day while sitting waiting to pull out onto a main road.
I brought the Jeep in for an HVAC TSB and mentioned the steering feedback. They verified it and checked a bunch of fastener torque including ball joints and other bolts to see if anything was loose. Nothing was loose so they tested another Jeep and it did the same thing. We then felt a few new Jeeps and they all had the steering feedback and notch feel. They said its normal and I am good with this response because they did their due diligence and spent the time to show/prove it to me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, I wonder why mine has never felt uneven or "notchy" or like it had any catch or change in feedback no matter where the wheel was.
Maybe mine is broken and all others are fine!

MoparMadness

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Odd, I wonder why mine has never felt uneven or "notchy" or like it had any catch or change in feedback no matter where the wheel was.
I don’t remember ever feeling it with the old aluminum steering box but its hard to argue when every other Gladiator we tested on the lot felt exactly the same. If it gets worse I will bring it back.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Strange - I often maneuver mine a bit to one side or the other when in the garage because of my OCD - it has to sit in between lines I have on the floor and if it's not there, I maneuver it to where it belongs. That means slow turning, slow moving. (it's not ONLY OCD - I also line it up under the roof hoist in case I decide to take the top off, it's sitting where it needs to be)

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
i don’t get it?? Are you telling me to drink?

something about it just doesn’t feel great anymore. I went for another drive down the road and interstate a second ago. I have to have a constant pull on my steering wheel to stay straight. Leaving the steering wheel pointed a little left. If I let it go the truck wants to drift right. I don’t remember ever having to have a constant left hold to keep the truck going straight before today’s box change.
Have you centered up your drag link and I can't remember what if any lift you got right off the top of my head. If your axles are off the that could be what's causing it. I know when my axles where off on my JKU it pulled to the right. You could be feeling it more now because the steering is tighter.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Part just came in for me to have the TSB done. A little concerned after reading all of this. Should I go forward with the fix?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I dont feel it while driving at all. I only notice when stopped and lightly turning the steering wheel very very slowly.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Have you centered up your drag link and I can't remember what if any lift you got right off the top of my head. If your axles are off the that could be what's causing it. I know when my axles where off on my JKU it pulled to the right. You could be feeling it more now because the steering is tighter.
I had another gear installed since this, and a more competent tech do the install / align after. Mine is working fairly well again at this time. May not be 100% but its at least 98-99% there, and is ok to me now.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I dont feel it while driving at all. I only notice when stopped and lightly turning the steering wheel very very slowly.
Mud terrains? I alternate between the Falcon MTs and Pirelli Scorpians (for highway trips.) The MTs do all kinds of wierd stuff, like shudder when coming to a stop.
Sponsored