First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
Just a follow up and a bit of good news

1: I have a 2021 JTRD and was exper
Does anyone know if the TSB applies to 21 JT Diesel Rubi. At highway speeds the car requires constant course correction.

i noticed the problem months ago but can’t get an appointment at 2 dealers. They just send you to Voice Mail and never return calls.

I suspect the TSB was address complaints from 2020 and has not been updated to include 21 vehicles.

does anyone know definitively if then21 uses the same materials as the 2020 models.

thanks in advance.
Just a follow up and a bit of good news

1: I have a 2021 JTRD and was experiencing the steering issues - almost constant correction required at freeways speeds. No wind, no traffic or turbulence from other cars/trucks.

After months of trying I got an appointment at a dealer.

They said the replaced gear box and retorqued all the control arms. In addition, they did a alignment and one wheel was out of alignment.

The car has a total of 4k miles on it - its virtually new, no off roading, no accidents, no snow (San Diego).

The problem seems to be much better. Now it drives like a box on the freeway but the corrections are not constant. Just like a jeep should drive. Will monitor the issue and report back if it returns.
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Does anyone know if the TSB applies to a vehicle outside of the 3/36 warranty? A friend of mine just bought a used ‘18 JL and it’s just outside of the 3/36 and the steering is really loose. It’s bone stock.

The dealership blew her off and said she needs a new steering stabilizer.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
TSB's usually are just technical directives to tell a service tech what to do when presented with a given problem. Coverage for the repair will follow normal warranty guidelines.

So if out of warranty, on the customer dime to pay.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
TSB's usually are just technical directives to tell a service tech what to do when presented with a given problem. Coverage for the repair will follow normal warranty guidelines.

You’d think this would be different since a design flaw and a safety concern.

There should be a differentiation with something like this and treated more like a recall.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You’d think this would be different since a design flaw and a safety concern.

There should be a differentiation with something like this and treated more like a recall.
I do not disagree with you but it is what it is. Unless the NHTSA makes it a true recall based on safety, car makers will play the game of warranty attrition to avoid such things.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Yes. And for a while, maybe you remember they were called DRBs - Diagnose and Repair Bulletins. The factory was helping you diagnose and suggesting how to repair certain problems they had run into but not all dealerships may have.

Anyway, they are no indication of warranty or lack of. They are merely how to resolve issues.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") IMG_20220426_141533

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") IMG_20220426_141719

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I get what you guys are saying and do no disagree. However, has anyone tried it outside of warranty? I get that in theory they don’t have to fix it, but I figure there’s a chance that they might.

Ill try searching on a JL forum.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes. And for a while, maybe you remember they were called DRBs - Diagnose and Repair Bulletins. The factory was helping you diagnose and suggesting how to repair certain problems they had run into but not all dealerships may have.

Anyway, they are no indication of warranty or lack of. They are merely how to resolve issues.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") IMG_20220426_141719

Yeah, TSB's are not written for the end user customer, just the dealership service departments. They are not an admission of a problem or design flaw.

A few years ago, there was a somewhat famous Hyundai/KIA tsb that made the forum rounds that advised service techs if presented with a startup tick and determined a aftermarket oil filter was the cause, to change filter to the OEM and charge the customer for nonnwarranty coverage. End users thought that meant ALL aftermarket oil filters would void your warranty, when that was not the case because the TSB was not written for end user customers consumption.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I get what you guys are saying and do no disagree. However, has anyone tried it outside of warranty? I get that in theory they don’t have to fix it, but I figure there’s a chance that they might.

Ill try searching on a JL forum.
Depend on dealer but they may try and goodwill it with full or partial coverage cost split with the customer.

Maybe contact @JeepCares ?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the TSB applies to a vehicle outside of the 3/36 warranty? A friend of mine just bought a used ‘18 JL and it’s just outside of the 3/36 and the steering is really loose. It’s bone stock.

The dealership blew her off and said she needs a new steering stabilizer.
And that is so stupid, because this particular TSB says if customer complains of any from this list of woes, fix it this way. It's not open-ended, it's not up for discussion, it's "if they complain, this is what you should do".
Not all are worded that way, some are "follow normal troubleshooting procedures, etc. etc." but this one is pretty specific. Amazing the number of people working on Jeeps that don't understand, well, I was going to say Jeeps, but I think I'll say "don't understand vehicles" instead. Maybe they should be detailing cars instead. Naw, some of them would screw that up, too.

I'd bet there's a dealership somewhere that would either do it, or split or make some arrangements. They aren't all butt-heads.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
And that is so stupid, because this particular TSB says if customer complains of any from this list of woes, fix it this way. It's not open-ended, it's not up for discussion, it's "if they complain, this is what you should do".
Not all are worded that way, some are "follow normal troubleshooting procedures, etc. etc." but this one is pretty specific. Amazing the number of people working on Jeeps that don't understand, well, I was going to say Jeeps, but I think I'll say "don't understand vehicles" instead. Maybe they should be detailing cars instead. Naw, some of them would screw that up, too.

I'd bet there's a dealership somewhere that would either do it, or split or make some arrangements. They aren't all butt-heads.
My Gladiator is at a different dealership right now because the service 4wd light keeps coming on and they don’t know how to fix it because it’s intermittent and they don’t have a code to read. They literally told me that three visits in a row. I’ve mentioned for them to look at during every free Jeep wave oil change/rotation. Pathetic. Most “technicians” don’t know how to diagnose anything anymore.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
If someone were young to have to foot the bill, I definitely would not get the irons replacement from Jeep. I’d get the PCS… bigbore unit. That way he can grow as needed.

EWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
On a positive note, I took my 2020 Mojave into Nessen Jeep in Kingsville, TX for the TSB. I showed the service rep a copy of the TSB and said the truck wanders on the highway. The parts came in the following day and I had my truck back the day after with the new iron steering gear. Definitely feels tighter than the original one. 100% painless experience from the Nessen folks. Kudos to them.

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
On a positive note, I took my 2020 Mojave into Nessen Jeep in Kingsville, TX for the TSB. I showed the service rep a copy of the TSB and said the truck wanders on the highway. The parts came in the following day and I had my truck back the day after with the new iron steering gear. Definitely feels tighter than the original one. 100% painless experience from the Nessen folks. Kudos to them.
Can we somehow get the team at Nessen to make a country wide training video/instructions for all the other dealerships that don’t know how to do anything correctly???
Asking for a friend.
Sponsored