Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
How does the gladiator do towing that weight? Seems a little lower than a regular box camper when the top is lowered. Less wind resistance?
The Mojave tows it well, but I'm also on stock tires and suspension. I haven't weighed it officially, but we tend to pack light, so I'm sure we are under the GVW of the trailer. You are always aware it is back there though, got about 10MPG average towing through the mountains
Sponsored

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
The Mojave tows it well, but I'm also on stock tires and suspension. I haven't weighed it officially, but we tend to pack light, so I'm sure we are under the GVW of the trailer. You are always aware it is back there though, got about 10MPG average towing through the mountains
Thanks for the feedback! How's the camper itself, anything you especially like or dont like specifically? We have a winnebago 2108fbs and it's a pig to tow. I think in part due to its 10 foot height.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
That thing is awesome looking. I hope you do amazing fun stuff with it. I can't quite get my head around the fact that completely empty it's 14% more trailer than my (hypothetical) Sport S could pull, and at $75k MSRP, it costs 70% more. My wife is all too capable of converting that amount of money in to "nights at the Ritz-Carlton".

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the feedback! How's the camper itself, anything you especially like or dont like specifically? We have a winnebago 2108fbs and it's a pig to tow. I think in part due to its 10 foot height.
Honestly the biggest thing I don't like is they seem to source most of their parts from Australia, so lead times are going on 6 weeks for things like replacement drawer latches. I also wish it had a connector for portable solar panels, parking in the shade to keep trailer temps down means you lose solar generation from roof panels.

Only other negative I can think of isn't really the trailers fault, my dealer isn't wanting to put a WDH on because they were told it isn't recommended by OBI, but the hitch manufacturer said that an equalizer hitch would work fine, just disconnect when offroad. I might just get the WDH myself and install eventually.

They have a Dweller 15 now that also has bunks, but it would be pushing 7,000 loaded I think.

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That thing is awesome looking. I hope you do amazing fun stuff with it. I can't quite get my head around the fact that completely empty it's 14% more trailer than my (hypothetical) Sport S could pull, and at $75k MSRP, it costs 70% more. My wife is all too capable of converting that amount of money in to "nights at the Ritz-Carlton".
To be fair I think our price OTD was 60k, that MSRP is highly discounted on actual sale.

Sponsored

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
Honestly the biggest thing I don't like is they seem to source most of their parts from Australia, so lead times are going on 6 weeks for things like replacement drawer latches. I also wish it had a connector for portable solar panels, parking in the shade to keep trailer temps down means you lose solar generation from roof panels.

Only other negative I can think of isn't really the trailers fault, my dealer isn't wanting to put a WDH on because they were told it isn't recommended by OBI, but the hitch manufacturer said that an equalizer hitch would work fine, just disconnect when offroad. I might just get the WDH myself and install eventually.

They have a Dweller 15 now that also has bunks, but it would be pushing 7,000 loaded I think.
Yessir, saw the 15 but after looking at both, the 13 seems to suit us better and they are out there for 45k right now, so cheaper then the 15 by 5 digits. We do have a WDH (blue ox, easy setup) on the Micro Minnie, but even with the Gladdy towing, we likely do not need it. The airbags help keep things level in the back of the jeep and the dual axles tow nice and easy. Its just all the drag/frontal area that gets us I think. Thanks again for taking the time! :fist bump:

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I looked heavily at this and the OP15. The dweller only sleeps 3, and like you mentioned, the OP15 is pushing the envelope for weight as would the Dweller 15.
Ended up going with an OP4.

FWIW, my buddy has a Black Series HQ15, and he just pulled it all over the east with his diesel JT on 38's. Said it did just fine handling the load. MPG was only 11, but the truck pulled it fine.

raidaisp

First Name
Stas Motor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Occupation
Artist
Everything looks luxurious inside. Although I haven't dealt with OBI Dweller yet. This year I'm selling my old camper and I want to buy a tourist trailer to have enough space for a long stay together. I don't know how long our trip will last, but my girlfriend wants to travel to Argentina this year. So I read a long article about the best travel trailers and chose a few options that might be suitable. Perhaps there was an OBI Dweller that you are talking about in this discussion. But I'm still thinking about buying a Grand Design RV 2023 Transcend Xplor 255FK. I can handle the fact that he weighs 7695 pounds.

Last edited:

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The issue with the WDH is the aluminum frame. There are some other threads on here but the majority of aluminum frame trailer manufacturers do not recommend them. I think the aluminum will bend or break. Do some searching but I'm sure that's the issue.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Brought this home yesterday, the Mojave did ok with no WDH and a tank and a half of water. RV place ia trying to order a WDH from the company that makes the fully articulating hookup that came with the trailer.
received_456119652716164.jpeg
20220113_111508.jpg
20220113_111502.jpg
20220113_105656.jpg
20220113_105631.jpg
Question. We are looking at the Dweller 13. I have a 22 Sport S Max Tow.

What is the actual real tip of hitch to back of tire length and also the true height measured of ground to the highest point on the trailer roof WHEN COLLAPSED? Can you check that for me since I do not trust online information? We have a certain size garage and are dealing with inches :)
Sponsored