First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT
Occupation
Digital Pimp
I'm considering getting a new PCM so I can have a tune and swap the PCM out as needed for warranty work. I found part number 68256850AA online but cannot confirm it is for MY 2022. Does anyone have a way to confirm the part number for MY2022?

Also, has anyone gone the route of having a PCM to swap when getting dealer work? I had Ford deny warranty work on my 6l PowerStroke because I ran a tuner and I don't want to go down that same path.
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I'm considering getting a new PCM so I can have a tune and swap the PCM out as needed for warranty work. I found part number 68256850AA online but cannot confirm it is for MY 2022. Does anyone have a way to confirm the part number for MY2022?

Also, has anyone gone the route of having a PCM to swap when getting dealer work? I had Ford deny warranty work on my 6l PowerStroke because I ran a tuner and I don't want to go down that same path.
Be warned, If you get a second PCM there is an issue with syncing the Cams.

HP recently added the ability to do it. If you manage to get a dealer to sell and program a PCM, it will be correct. If you buy one elsewhere, ensure there is a way to sync the Cam, and that it doesn't screw up the sync with the stock ECM.

Dave and I fought mine for quite a bit before we figure out for sure it was the PCM.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

HP recently added the ability to do it. If you manage to get a dealer to sell and program a PCM, it will be correct. If you buy one elsewhere, ensure there is a way to sync the Cam, and that it doesn't screw up the sync with the stock ECM.

Dave and I fought mine for quite a bit before we figure out for sure it was the PCM.
You worked with the wizard of tune? The prince of programming?

OP
OP

imdickie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT
Occupation
Digital Pimp

This may keep me from getting a tune. Sucks. I just don’t want another manufacturer deny warranty work on me. That was an expensive mistake.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm not sure what he means by "cams" but I bought a PCM online for $200 and had it programmed to my truck. GDE technician literally copied my existing PCM and pasted to the new one. Obviously they've got the WiTech software, so they can do things like that. Any shop with WiTech can do it.

I was then able to swap the PCMs around any time I wanted and the truck would immediately fire and run like normal on either.

(side note: If anybody here is a PCM guru, I still have the GDE tuned PCM sitting in a box in my garage ready to go, but you'll need to change the VIN to match your Jeep which is why you'll have to be a PCM guru and/or have the WiTech software. I am willing to cut somebody an excellent deal on the tuning if there's anybody willing to do some PCM tweaking to make it match your Jeep. I've got the handheld trans tuner that goes with it also.)

OP
OP

imdickie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT
Occupation
Digital Pimp
I'm not sure what he means by "cams" but I bought a PCM online for $200 and had it programmed to my truck. GDE technician literally copied my existing PCM and pasted to the new one. Obviously they've got the WiTech software, so they can do things like that. Any shop with WiTech can do it.

I was then able to swap the PCMs around any time I wanted and the truck would immediately fire and run like normal on either.

(side note: If anybody here is a PCM guru, I still have the GDE tuned PCM sitting in a box in my garage ready to go, but you'll need to change the VIN to match your Jeep which is why you'll have to be a PCM guru and/or have the WiTech software. I am willing to cut somebody an excellent deal on the tuning if there's anybody willing to do some PCM tweaking to make it match your Jeep. I've got the handheld trans tuner that goes with it also.)
This is great info. Thanks for that. What made you decide to stop running the tuned PCM?

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
He sold the truck due to a timing cover leak

Deleted member 47279

So to verify, if i can get the dealer to program my secondary PCM i wont have this issue? Im looking into gettting a secondary PCM for my tune and leave my stock alone, but with the dealer flashing the secondary before i send it off to tuning.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase