Sponsored

Second pcm mounting

Dieseljeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel jeep
I was wondering if anyone keeps two pcms under their hood (stock pcm and one that is tuned). I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I would like to keep two pcms so I can quickly remove the tuned pcm when going in for service. I looked online but I didn’t find any options. The ideal scenario would be to extend the cable and mount in a secondary location, but I didn’t find any options like this online.
Sponsored

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
I doubt if there is that much room to do that. Why would you want it under the hood for other potential issues?

GoatPowder

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
I was wondering if anyone keeps two pcms under their hood (stock pcm and one that is tuned). I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I would like to keep two pcms so I can quickly remove the tuned pcm when going in for service. I looked online but I didn’t find any options. The ideal scenario would be to extend the cable and mount in a secondary location, but I didn’t find any options like this online.
Just don't put the nuts back on the studs. Mine hasn't had them for 50k or so. The ECM connectors keep it from rattling and it takes all of 3min to swap that way.

Madtom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JLU, 2023 JTURD
Occupation
DOD Civilian, Retired Military
When I cloned my ECM I had to test it out to make sure no weird check lights etc. There was just enough room to rotate connectors and connect on top of fuse box. So if you were serious about this just buy a spare fuse box cover, JB weld a couple of studs mounted to bar stock in the correct dimensions for the mounting ECM holes and epoxy that bar to the top of the spare fuse box cover. Done and then just swap out fuse box cover before taking it in.

OP
OP

Dieseljeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecodiesel jeep
That is a good idea. I bet I could put something together with a spare cover and wingnuts, bults and washers.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
This seems pointless. It's an easy swap and if you are that paranoid, keep the spare in the glovebox.
Sponsored