NEW: Rear Bumper Reverse LED Lights for Jeep Gladiator

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Mine was same way-put some dielectric grease on and pushed hard and works fine..
Just wondering why you would have to push so hard, seems like you are forcing it? I don’t want to have a problem taking it off if I ever replace the bumper or get the flush mount taillights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
@ORACLElights, I finally had time to install my bumper lights. They were purchased at the first group buy. I got the plug n play harness. I just went to install them and the harness plugged in fine and locked to the factory harness, but I could not get the tail light to seat enough on your end of the harness for it to click and lock. It’s like it bottoms out before it locks? Any help would be appreciated. It’s on a 2021 Mojave with the LED package, just for info. Thanks

These use a Weather-Pack Connector which requires a large amount of force to get it to lock

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Ordered Nov 29/21 , arrived by UPS Feb 11/22.

Finally the Canadian weather and my free time coincided and installed the Backup lights today. Going on an LED equipped JT.

I‘d watched a few install videos so I knew what to expect and everything went pretty much according to plan. Got the P&P harness which made everything very easy to connect once I managed to get the factory tail light plug disconnected. That was honestly the hardest part as it was a pain to separate the plug from the tail light but everything connected properly in the end.

There’s a good amount of extra wire for both connections if you want or need some extra slack to maneuver around or through aftermarket parts. Zip ties and some weatherproof tape clean everything up nicely and gets it out of the way of any road debris. On my Rubicon there’s a convenient wire running from one side of the bumper to the other that made routing and attaching the lighting wire simple.

First drive and the side warning sensors are going nuts. Time for some diagnostics.

Last edited:

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Got the LED backups for the bumper a couple weeks ago, been out of town on a job, but will be in the shop this week for the install

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Filled out a Tech support ticket with Oracle. Here’s what’s going on so far.

Had no real issues installing everything. The P&P harness makes it pretty easy. It seemed to work in the driveway, lights functioned as I reversed up the driveway.

Next morning, once into traffic and the Blind Spot detection was triggered everything fell apart. Got a Blind Spot Detection unavailable message, the icons on the mirrors started flickering and the buttons under the UConnect screen started flickering. Soon, the Start/Stop unavailable message popped up and lost audio from the radio.

I’ve got LED tail lights so I don’t think it’s the halogen issue. Checked that the plugs were tight and if any pins were bent as well. Also, tried turning off Blind Spot detection in my Tazer menu with no result.

Disconnected the harness and went back to original and everything is fine. Maybe a bad harness?

Update: Even though I have factory LED tail lights, tried a suggestion of cycling LEDS using the Tazer and it seems to be working now. @ORACLElights responded quickly regardless with some queries but since it seems to be working, I'm leaving it for the time being.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Filled out a Tech support ticket with Oracle. Here’s what’s going on so far.

Had no real issues installing everything. The P&P harness makes it pretty easy. It seemed to work in the driveway, lights functioned as I reversed up the driveway.

Next morning, once into traffic and the Blind Spot detection was triggered everything fell apart. Got a Blind Spot Detection unavailable message, the icons on the mirrors started flickering and the buttons under the UConnect screen started flickering. Soon, the Start/Stop unavailable message popped up and lost audio from the radio.

I’ve got LED tail lights so I don’t think it’s the halogen issue. Checked that the plugs were tight and if any pins were bent as well. Also, tried turning off Blind Spot detection in my Tazer menu with no result.

Disconnected the harness and went back to original and everything is fine. Maybe a bad harness?

Update: Even though I have factory LED tail lights, tried a suggestion of cycling LEDS using the Tazer and it seems to be working now. @ORACLElights responded quickly regardless with some queries but since it seems to be working, I'm leaving it for the time being.

i was looking into buying a set this week, so to diagnose and trouble shoot a tazer is needed ?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
i was looking into buying a set this week, so to diagnose and trouble shoot a tazer is needed ?
No, all you need is something like JSCAN software, a phone or tablet, an OBD bluetooth adapter and security gateway bypass. It's also useful for a lot of other things but frankly, I don't think I'd sweat it until you have problems.

In my case, I bought them, installed them, plugged in the wiring and it all works, and has worked fine for months. Some have problems, I'd venture even to say that "a few" have problems, but most won't, or should not.

If you have LED tail lights there should be zip to "troubleshoot", even with others, there are ways around some of the small things that MAY come up.
I would not buy any tools until you buy, install, and try. It's possible if you do have a small issue, Oracle can help you via email.
Don't spend hundreds you may not need to.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
In my case, it may have been other work I’d done with LEDs or just coincidence. I went through and reconnected everything between tests so a connection may have not that 1/4 turn/push tight the first time through.

Now that everything is done. They work fine. They randomly cause my passenger side rear taillight reverse light not to function but at this point the Oracle lights make them irrelevant anyway. I’ve read that I may need to split the two Oracle lights with another P&P harness connected to the passenger tail light because of current draw making one not work but I’ll leave it as it is and be more wary of Oracle in the future.

CompanyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
I am looking for more light when backing up. Between this thread and the other 80+page thread I want to make sure I have some idea of the current state of things before I make the call. I do have OEM LED taillights, do have the Tazer mini, do not have tow max.
1) which will be easier/less chance of malfunctions, plug and play or tapping?
2) has the wire length issue been resolved, or is it still hit or miss?
3) is there any advantage to buying direct v RealTruck?
THANKS

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I am looking for more light when backing up. Between this thread and the other 80+page thread I want to make sure I have some idea of the current state of things before I make the call. I do have OEM LED taillights, do have the Tazer mini, do not have tow max.
1) which will be easier/less chance of malfunctions, plug and play or tapping?
2) has the wire length issue been resolved, or is it still hit or miss?
3) is there any advantage to buying direct v RealTruck?
THANKS
1) which will be easier/less chance of malfunctions, plug and play or tapping? Plug and play would be best but you can tap the trailer wiring if you have that.

2) has the wire length issue been resolved, or is it still hit or miss? Oracle sent longer wires to those of us who requested it. Should be resolved.

3) is there any advantage to buying direct v RealTruck? I would buy direct from Oracle in case a vendor has one of the original release items and doesn’t have the updated wiring components.

Sponsored

JohnHennesey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Computer programmer
Yes, and if you don't like tapping a factory harness, someone has posted a Curt number that is a sort of pigtail that goes between that connector and the factory wiring giving you a place to connect to without even tapping the factory harness. A few more dollars spent, but I am OCD and HATE doing any "tapping" into factory harnesses, even if they are "sealed" or "weather resistant".
Do you know the Curt number? I would much prefer this over relying on my skills!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know the Curt number? I would much prefer this over relying on my skills!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It would make it easy to unplug and put things back to stock if the need or desire ever came up.
Also making it a good way to go is the fact that this uses the trailer reverse line which means it's not expecting anything specific because it won't know if your trailer has LED, halogen, tungsten or gasoline lanterns for backup lights.
The truck doesn't "sense" on the trailer wiring for backup lights, tail and so on.

JohnHennesey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Computer programmer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It would make it easy to unplug and put things back to stock if the need or desire ever came up.
Also making it a good way to go is the fact that this uses the trailer reverse line which means it's not expecting anything specific because it won't know if your trailer has LED, halogen, tungsten or gasoline lanterns for backup lights.
The truck doesn't "sense" on the trailer wiring for backup lights, tail and so on.
Thank you!! This will make for a very professional, stable installation.

El Barto

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Mercury Cougar ‘73
@Oracle :
As we need to have rear fog lights in Europe, it would be nice to have them in dual-led with white for reverse and red for fog, with the additional wiring loom.
Count me in when they're ready...;)
@Oracle : is the dual led version ready yet?😜