No Active Safety Available to Order

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AEV Gladiator Rubicon
My 23 Gladiator was ordered without the Active Safety Group due to what I presume are part shortages.

1) anyone have a good aftermarket replacements for Blind Spot Monitoring and Backup Sensors?

2) from the wiring diagram, it looks like all the guts of the Blind Spot Monitors are the sensors in the rear light clusters, with just a wire running to each mirror. What's missing if I couldn't order the group from the factory? I'm thinking if its just the Sensors (or just the mirrors), I could install those when they become available.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Possibly also missing the wiring harness in the doors with the appropriate connections

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Was it ordered without them, or were they deleted due to parts shortages, or was the option not available?

It's not just adding the missing parts. The computer needs to know they are there. As mentioned, the wiring harness may not be setup to accommodate them.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
My 23 Gladiator was ordered without the Active Safety Group due to what I presume are part shortages.

1) anyone have a good aftermarket replacements for Blind Spot Monitoring and Backup Sensors?

2) from the wiring diagram, it looks like all the guts of the Blind Spot Monitors are the sensors in the rear light clusters, with just a wire running to each mirror. What's missing if I couldn't order the group from the factory? I'm thinking if its just the Sensors (or just the mirrors), I could install those when they become available.
I haven’t done any discovery work yet on what sections of wiring are missing on a gladiator that doesn’t have BSM, but either way, it would be very simple to add. You just need the correct tails, custom harness, correct mirror glass (you don’t even need to replace the entire mirror assemblies), and AlfaOBD or Jscan.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I haven’t done any discovery work yet on what sections of wiring are missing on a gladiator that doesn’t have BSM, but either way, it would be very simple to add. You just need the correct tails, custom harness, correct mirror glass (you don’t even need to replace the entire mirror assemblies), and AlfaOBD or Jscan.
If by "Simple" you mean hours of research and work to have it not work correctly followed by hours of troubleshooting without reliable documentation or vendor support followed by calling a dealer for help where your best resource is a car porter with an iphone who just got back from the local cannabis dispensary followed by regret and an empty wallet ?

Yep, simple ...

Sponsored

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave

“ I haven’t done any discovery work yet on what sections of wiring are missing on a gladiator that doesn’t have BSM, but either way, it would be very simple to add.”

Famous last words from someone that has no idea.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Famous last words from someone that has no idea.
So, it sounds like you have no idea what I know about FCA vehicles, and that I’ve pretty much figured out how to add any factory feature to most FCA vehicles after the fact- without ever laying eyes on them.
This is, in fact, very easy to add on afterwards without any dealer involvement. I’m offering assistance to the OP if he decides to go that route. Anyone else that wants to add something after the fact, and doesn’t think I can figure it out- lots of luck to you. Otherwise, if you don’t know how to assist the OP, then it sounds like you don’t have to worry about anything being discussed in this thread.

OP
OP

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it sounds like you have no idea what I know about FCA vehicles, and that I’ve pretty much figured out how to add any factory feature to most FCA vehicles after the fact- without ever laying eyes on them.
This is, in fact, very easy to add on afterwards without any dealer involvement. I’m offering assistance to the OP if he decides to go that route. Anyone else that wants to add something after the fact, and doesn’t think I can figure it out- lots of luck to you. Otherwise, if you don’t know how to assist the OP, then it sounds like you don’t have to worry about anything being discussed in this thread.
Ok Jimmy. Please educate me a little. I want to add back BSM and the Backup sensors. Where do I start? Thx.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok Jimmy. Please educate me a little. I want to add back BSM and the Backup sensors. Where do I start? Thx.
I’ll start digging. It would be easiest if I can get some pics of a few specific connectors on the vehicle to see what wires are not present, but I might be able to figure it out by comparing a few equipped vs non-equipped VINs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jimmy, I don’t actually have the car yet. I will get back to you when I do. Thx!

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
I can help with pictures needed. I have a 21 Willy that came without LED package or BSM. I do however now have OEM LED Tails installed. @Jimmy07 @AustinKalb

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Gonna vouch for Jimmy here. He wrote the book on adding OEM factory options on these things.

OP
OP

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gonna vouch for Jimmy here. He wrote the book on adding OEM factory options on these things.
Great! Thanks. Just waiting for my new truck. The dealer says it’s being built and should go to AEV this week. The Jeep site says otherwise but may be lagging (I hope).

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna reserve a few posts here in case this turns out to be a full DIY how-to writeup.
Sponsored