No battery issue!

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have a 2021 JTM with 21K miles. Everyone has been reading post about how bad the main and aux batteries are and scaring the heck out of many on these forums.
I have not had any issues with my batteries. I would like to know if any of you have NOT had any issues and what are we doing different than others.
I do not have any additional electronics except my GMRS radio and soon a winch. I am in the habit of turning off the auto stop / start when ever I am in the jeep. There are many times that my jeep does not get driven for 7-10 days and it starts up with no issue.

Just wondering!!
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Iā€™m afraid to askā€¦ do you document your voltage at all with a multimeter, typically in the morning before you jump in and go to work?
I donā€™t want to jinx nothing by asking you to look and see your v #ā€™s. Some here think that ā€œhead in the sandā€ is bliss and that by looking for gremlins breaks things.

Treading lightly here because if you go looking and something happens, itā€™ll be my fault.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
First rule of everything going ok is to not point it out. Now I see a new set of batteries by weeks end for you. ;)

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Over 60k miles and 3 years. No issues with either. I do not turn off ass and I also run a fridge while the truck is running 75% of the time.

Sponsored

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
2019 jl batteries needed replacing at 19K miles, 2021 JL 48K miles, 2021 Mojave 39K miles. You will know when they are starting to go, the stop/start will quit working and then you will eventually get the message aux switches unavailable battery charging. This is when I replaced mine.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
@1 Mojave with no issues and 27K, but I have a battery tender full time under the hood and is always plugged in when not being driven. I only drive it on the weekends, unless a truck thing is being done.

thejeepster

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sport MaxTow SG
Occupation
FT Worker
Probably makes a huge difference on how cold your vehicle gets in the winter- mine is usually parked in a heated garage a lot of the winter months- run the f-150 when weather dips real low here.. but vehicle batteries don't seem to be lasting as long, in general, as they used to. (someone else had stated this in a different post and i agree whole-heartedly)

f-150... 3rd battery in 3 years... currently at ~44k mi (bought it used at ~22k mi in dec2021 and i think it was on the original battery when i purchased)
22 overland... no battery issue.. currently at ~14k mi

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 JTM with 21K miles. Everyone has been reading post about how bad the main and aux batteries are and scaring the heck out of many on these forums.
I have not had any issues with my batteries. I would like to know if any of you have NOT had any issues and what are we doing different than others.
I do not have any additional electronics except my GMRS radio and soon a winch. I am in the habit of turning off the auto stop / start when ever I am in the jeep. There are many times that my jeep does not get driven for 7-10 days and it starts up with no issue.

Just wondering!!
Those who have the least amount of issues drive the truck regularly or attach a battery maintainer if not. Those with the 8.4 Uconnect have a higher parasitic draw than the rest. The truck will start with the battery levels low. You won't know there's an issue unless you try to remote start it.

The life expectancy of the batteries in the JT is about three years. When you start getting ESS or Aux Switches unavailable messages, it is time to plan for battery replacements.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Just wondering!!
I just had to replace my batteries after 50k miles and almost three years on my ā€˜21. I have piles of accessories. I leave start/stop on, except when towing.

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
2020 Sport. 22k miles. Still on orginal batteries. My truck is a plain Jane. Basic electronics. Crank windows and manual locks. Will replace the batteries this fall as they will be 4 years old unless I have too sooner. Always turn the auto stop/start off. Never use it.

I've went for 2 weeks with my truck sitting in the garage with no charger on it and it has always started. My 2 cents.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My main went at 54,000 miles and 3 years but that's about what I would expect. The aux is still going strong at 87,000 miles. What most people do is replace both when only one is bad and then they talk about how bad of a setup it is and then start trying to delete the aux like they know more about it than a engineer does. Go figure, internet mechanic's

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My main went at 54,000 miles and 3 years but that's about what I would expect. The aux is still going strong at 87,000 miles. What most people do is replace both when only one is bad and then they talk about how bad of a setup it is and then start trying to delete the aux like they know more about it than a engineer does. Go figure, internet mechanic's
I agree that the system is fine the way it is, but I absolutely replaced both at 50k when the main started to fail. There are lots of cases where the marginal remaining battery kills the new one. Iā€™d rather not risk losing my expensive new main to save the $150 on the aux. I call that proactive maintenance. But I wouldnā€™t feel the same at 20k miles. But 50k of abuse with lots of heavy amp draw accessories? Iā€™m good with swapping them both.
Sponsored