First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
While bill is absolutely right about them being fused, there's a technicality that bears repeating for novices working with electricity. The fuse needs to match the smallest wire size in the circuit. So if you take one of the 40a outputs to power some LEDs which use much less power and have small wires, you need to swap the 40a fuse to something smaller, or add your own smaller fuse.
Sponsored

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
20 bucks or so gets you a panel like this on Amazon. That little plastic cap pops right out. I did have to use a dremel to cut the hole in the bed a little larger, but the aluminum base of this panel covers everything nicely.

jeep light 1.jpg
Link?

Curly

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 CJ5, 1984 CJ7 Slightly Modded, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Print Sales
Thanks for all the tips in this thread. Finished mine up today but added the ARB screw in connector to the 4-1 panel (Bottom Right). Fits perfectly and makes for a great, clean install.

Elements fridge coming next :)

Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. IMG_3094.JPG

Russell G

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Cleaner
Where could you mount an inverter or even another batterie, i dont have room under the hood to mount a AAA batterie.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Where could you mount an inverter or even another batterie, i dont have room under the hood to mount a AAA batterie.
There is space behind the right rear wheel. I have mounted a battery box to the frame there.

Two batteries under the hood is possible using the Genesis kit. It does require the purchase of two new batteries. Those recommended by Genesis are around $300 each.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

levesqueonline

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
The outlet can be purchased and installed. The wiring to make the outlet work is not installed unless the option is ordered from the factory. You would have a more useful option if you installed a separate inverter to power the outlet.
Ahh ok thanks, i figured they had it wired regardless

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist
There is space behind the right rear wheel. I have mounted a battery box to the frame there.

Two batteries under the hood is possible using the Genesis kit. It does require the purchase of two new batteries. Those recommended by Genesis are around $300 each.
You've got me interested in the battery box behind the rear wheel. My VW Vanagon had a second battery that was the "house battery" and connected to the starter batter wired in such a way to charge while driving using a relay. I could draw it down and never worry about draining the starter battery. My thought was to add a deep cycle battery near the rear and wire up to the main battery with a relay, just like in my van. I prefer the idea of a completely separate battery for all the extras, especially near the bed where the extras will be used. Do you have any more info like photos, where you installed it exactly, part sources?
I saw the Genesis kit and it seems unnecessarily expensive. I need their harness and then I need to purchase two new batteries. And then I still need to run a bunch of wires to the back of the Jeep for power. Seems I could accomplish the same thing with wires, a relay, ONE battery, and a way to mount the battery. That all could be had for WAY less than $1,000.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You've got me interested in the battery box behind the rear wheel. My VW Vanagon had a second battery that was the "house battery" and connected to the starter batter wired in such a way to charge while driving using a relay. I could draw it down and never worry about draining the starter battery. My thought was to add a deep cycle battery near the rear and wire up to the main battery with a relay, just like in my van. I prefer the idea of a completely separate battery for all the extras, especially near the bed where the extras will be used. Do you have any more info like photos, where you installed it exactly, part sources?
I saw the Genesis kit and it seems unnecessarily expensive. I need their harness and then I need to purchase two new batteries. And then I still need to run a bunch of wires to the back of the Jeep for power. Seems I could accomplish the same thing with wires, a relay, ONE battery, and a way to mount the battery. That all could be had for WAY less than $1,000.
I have some pictures I'll put up tonight. This Cole-Hersee Smart Isolator is the same as used in the Genesis kit. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LMGPHW2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_.YNCFbCM6BY1A

Warn sells a pre-made wiring kit for about $200 that works great for connecting the front and rear batteries. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XFFQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I used this one to attach to the battery there this is a quick disconnect between front and rear. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CQDQ7Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A2TW9PAD7D7YND&psc=1

They were taken at night, but here are some images of the battery box attached to the frame. The box I used is currently unavailable, but this one is real similar. https://smile.amazon.com/Drop-Out-P...74046&sprefix=drop-out+battery,aps,226&sr=8-1

Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. 20191017_185531
Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. 20191017_190104
Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. 20191017_190125
Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. 20191017_190238
Jeep Gladiator No bed power? No problem! $9.99 do it yourself. 20191017_193259

Last edited:

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geologist
nice work. Yeah it’s a little hard to tell from photos but I’ll have to get under mine to compare. I saw that near the rear of the frame on that side there are two threaded holes that look like they might be good for holding a battery box. Is that what you used? Did you attach the box to the frame or some place else? Over on the drivers side it looks like that area is taken up partially by the muffler.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nice work. Yeah it’s a little hard to tell from photos but I’ll have to get under mine to compare. I saw that near the rear of the frame on that side there are two threaded holes that look like they might be good for holding a battery box. Is that what you used? Did you attach the box to the frame or some place else? Over on the drivers side it looks like that area is taken up partially by the muffler.
I attached it to the frame using the threaded holes. I added a nutzert for the forward support strap, which probably is not necessary. The lower bolt goes through a hole in the hitch receiver frame. I added some washers behind the box to match the protrusion of the receiver frame.

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geologist
I attached it to the frame using the threaded holes. I added a nutzert for the forward support strap, which probably is not necessary. The lower bolt goes through a hole in the hitch receiver frame. I added some washers behind the box to match the protrusion of the receiver frame.
That's what I figured. I'll have to take a look underneath with your pics and see if I can figure it out. Have you wired it all up and its it working as expected? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored