Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I’ll happily claim that I live in the Bay Area. It’s a wonderfully diverse and geographically beautiful place to live. There are downsides wherever you “claim” to live…
Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Yes, the SF Bay Area is a grand place to live in well balanced urban area with lots of open space, giving it a rural feel in outlying areas.
cheers

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Sonoma County which may be in Northern California as we always considered it that way where I used to work. Took delivery of a JTR Diesel in May and have been working on her (Gladys) every day since. Well not on Fridays as that is beach day on the Sonoma Coast! This is my fourth Jeep since I turned 16 (40 plus years ago) and it is the first one that is quiet, comfortable, and fast. I can't tell you how happy it makes me!

Jeep Gladiator NorCal Gladiator Folk? DSC04172a

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Here in Sonoma County which may be in Northern California as we always considered it that way where I used to work. Took delivery of a JTR Diesel in May and have been working on her (Gladys) every day since. Well not on Fridays as that is beach day on the Sonoma Coast! This is my fourth Jeep since I turned 16 (40 plus years ago) and it is the first one that is quiet, comfortable, and fast. I can't tell you how happy it makes me!

Like the roto pac creativity

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I have been literally all over the state for my kid's baseball team. Based on feel, politics, people, customs, etc I would break it down granular like this-ish

North Central Coast - After Sausalito
Bay Area - Inland to Livermore
Central Coast - Basically Pismo to Santa Barbara. You could also argue it starts in Monterrey
SoCal - Ventura to Sandy Eggo
Northern Valley - Somewhere above Sac like Chico
Central Valley - Sac to Fresno
Southern Valley - South of Fresno, San Berdoo, etc

Not sure why this is a thing... I lived in California for a while. In Florida we felt the need to name like 10 "coasts". I guess it is a tourism thing.

Sponsored

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why this is a thing... I lived in California for a while. In Florida we felt the need to name like 10 "coasts". I guess it is a tourism thing.
Me neither as when I worked for the state as a firefighter, there were constant debates on what was northern vs southern Cal. The guys in the south said North Cal was anything north of the Grapevine. The guys in the north said anything south of Redding was Southern Cal. :{)
Love your Jeep Joyride!

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The normal accepted definitions in the 1960-1970s was SanFrancisco and north was NorCal, SF to Taejon Pass (Grapevine) was Central Cal, and south of the Grapevine/Taejon Pass was SoCal. I lived in both the Bay area and San Diego growing up here in Calif., and this is how native Californians in the 20th Century divided the state, which falls in line with the 19th Cent. Coastal divisions based on the two major geographical coastal points.

You guys are tying to make this more complicated than it really is. Bottom line is, what the residents of where you live feel they live in are, be it NorCal, Central or SoCal. :angel:
cheers

Last edited:

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm in what used to be the almond capital of the world. Now they keep ripping out orchards and putting in houses. At least 4 Gladiators in the small town of Ripon now, I think I was the first, still might be the only soft top.

bsteg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my JKUR and just got a JTR.
Occupation
Work

Nice Jeep! Welcome to Norcal. Love the "Gladys" name, I might have to borrow that. And, of course Sonoma is Norcal.....

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep! Welcome to Norcal. Love the "Gladys" name, I might have to borrow that. And, of course Sonoma is Norcal.....
Thank You! Your Gladys is RAD too! If you are ever passing through Rohnert Park, please let me know as I would like to see your Jeep up close. Plus we have some incredible beer in our small little slice of heaven. Within 10 miles: Russian River Brewing, Henhouse Brewing, Old Caz Brewing, Parliament Brewing, and more! Wide open invite to all Gladiators! It may be bribery but I am not oppose to learning!

Sponsored

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I’ve seen this truck on Jameson. Canyon Rd. Nice.

DansJT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon in Gator!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Chico here!
Jeep Gladiator NorCal Gladiator Folk? F3F19491-F1BC-4FE3-B722-2C9BF21A65B5