Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Magnum SRT8
Occupation
Retail
Hello All,

About to order a Mojave....
I see it comes standard with the rock slider. But I also have the option to add the Rock Slider with step assist or tubular side steps instead. What option is best? Do people regret not having any type of step assist or what aftermarket options look best on Mojave? THANKS!

Sponsored

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Hello All,

About to order a Mojave....
I see it comes standard with the rock slider. But I also have the option to add the Rock Slider with step assist or tubular side steps instead. What option is best? Do people regret not having any type of step assist or what aftermarket options look best on Mojave? THANKS!
IMO the rock slider with step assist looks good but is too high to be useful. My JK is a Sahara with the factory steps and they are worthless for getting in and out. Usable steps need to be lower. Again just my opinion. Also I think the slider/steps are $1,000 option.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Nfab nerf bars with steps. $400.
Look good, mediocre for usefullness. High enough to be out of the way for the most part.

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
I might need to invest in steps. 2300 miles and drivers seat looks like this.

IMG_1976.jpg

MaybeAMojave?

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 6spd. 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro 6spd (totaled by a drunk driver April 2020)
Occupation
Former Aerospace Engineer, Current home renovator
Get the regular no cost ones. If you want the mopar step ones, they're iirc $950 (but go on sale, they were 15% off for labor day). Then sell your stock ones.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I've always liked the Overland side steps. Its a flat and sizable step. Might not like the look though. Not sure yet as the Jeep has not arrived yet. :(
I found a pair of take offs for $100 that I'll be trying.

Sponsored

FlatRonnie

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Magnum SRT8
Occupation
Retail
Thanks for the tips, I think I will wait and look into after market...

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Going with Mopar beadlocks and plan on doing the rings in orange. Truck is Granite but want to match the orange trim on decals and hooks, Was planning on painting the rings flat orange but the hooks are a textured flat orange powder coated.

Best options on how to get a close match? Decals and badges are not textured.......maybe just go with flat clear coat. Any idea of what orange?

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Going with Mopar beadlocks and plan on doing the rings in orange. Truck is Granite but want to match the orange trim on decals and hooks, Was planning on painting the rings flat orange but the hooks are a textured flat orange powder coated.

Best options on how to get a close match? Decals and badges are not textured.......maybe just go with flat clear coat. Any idea of what orange?
Pretty sure it"s Punkin. If you look on line one of the first press Mojaves was Punkin and the Mojave decal on the hood just looks black with no outline.