Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Great, another zombie thread brought back to life just to continue the arguing..........................

Mensa level genius here
Yeah, same here. diagnosed/tested in school and then again a few years ago by a neuropsychologist. Was invited by a MENSA member friend from Australia but declined.
Other "issues" get in the way.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
There might be 10 members opinions on this site I respect, most others are here to beat you up.
You can’t just say that! Make a top 10 list, make it like the Myspace “top friends”.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You can’t just say that! Make a top 10 list, make it like the Myspace “top friends”.
That network still has several thousand members, I suppose. Didn't realize someone still remembered it existed.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
That network still has several thousand members, I suppose. Didn't realize someone still remembered it existed.
Remember? The HTML skills I developed and built upon in middle school making that profile look absolutely stunning for the chicks, albeit I got like 5 page views a day that were all my own, laid the foundation for the way I make my living today. :like:

OP
OP
ThatStinging_Jeep

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
This forum must have the highest level of doctorates per membership of any forum… Mensa level genius here

Good luck swaying anyone’s opinion here, have you guys noticed when a member asks for help and they get beat up for asking a question. There might be 10 members opinions on this site I respect, most others are here to beat you up.
Yup and that is why I don't ask questions about cetain topics so I just fuck around and find out and either loose money or make a great discovery

Don't feel like asking cause I don't wanna get gang banged in the comments man 🤣

Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I do not own a diesel but would delete if/when I buy one.

You may ask.....hmmmm, why would you do this. Well let me tell you.......... I had a 2011 F350 that was in the shop 11, yup 11 times in the first year I owned it. 100% of these shop visits were directly associated with emissions, NoX sensors, DEF pumps on and on. Once I decided to no longer drive this vehicle on Fed, State, County or City roads and did the complete delete I drove it for 8 more years with only 1 visit to the shop due to a radiator issue (for the record I had it towed to the dealership to not break any federal laws)

Notice, if you feel the need to attack my post, smash Fords or in general be a negative @$$hat please be advised I dont care! At the end of the day your rant, and negativity is most likely lowering your total life span so please take a deep breath and move on. 🤙

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
This forum should steer clear of the global warming/ climate change debate. Not going to change anyone beliefs or feelings about it. Fact is, it's not legal to modify or remove smog devices anywhere in the US as they are Federal laws. A diesel suite I am on has banned al delete talk to avoid EPA issues there. I have a diesel Ram. The smog devices are a PITA but I have them all and working.

talk of deleting it isn't illegal. Screw any board that pretends to garner discussion but doesn't accept the 1st amendment.

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
I do not own a diesel but would delete if/when I buy one.

You may ask.....hmmmm, why would you do this. Well let me tell you.......... I had a 2011 F350 that was in the shop 11, yup 11 times in the first year I owned it. 100% of these shop visits were directly associated with emissions, NoX sensors, DEF pumps on and on. Once I decided to no longer drive this vehicle on Fed, State, County or City roads and did the complete delete I drove it for 8 more years with only 1 visit to the shop due to a radiator issue (for the record I had it towed to the dealership to not break any federal laws)

Notice, if you feel the need to attack my post, smash Fords or in general be a negative @$$hat please be advised I dont care! At the end of the day your rant, and negativity is most likely lowering your total life span so please take a deep breath and move on. 🤙

Exactly, and no one takes into account how your emissions are impacted by the inefficiency of a failing emissions system versus a system that wouldn't otherwise have it in place.

The fact of that matter is that its a more complicated design and susceptible to more failure.

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
talk of deleting it isn't illegal. Screw any board that pretends to garner discussion but doesn't accept the 1st amendment.
I don’t know why I feel the need to correct someone on the internet (maybe because it’s late? Maybe because this train wreck of a thread is entertaining enough to nudge along? ) buuuuut here I am, so, the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution applies to the relationship between citizens and government entities, not citizens and <checks notes, checks URL> privately-owned internet forums.

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
I don’t know why I feel the need to correct someone on the internet (maybe because it’s late? Maybe because this train wreck of a thread is entertaining enough to nudge along? ) buuuuut here I am, so, the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution applies to the relationship between citizens and government entities, not citizens and <checks notes, checks URL> privately-owned internet forums.

Thats absolutely not true. Its the legal boundary in which a forum can operate. For instance, a forum can operate up to the bounds of the first amendment as recognized by legal convention, but not beyond without repercussions.

Sponsored

Brianb6603

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Toyota 4x4 pickup, 2011 VW Golf TDI
Occupation
Electronics tech
I think you drastically overestimate the value of doing this and underestimate the capabilities of modern engineering. Catalyst delete kits and high flow replacements are almost non-existent largely because the efficiency today is unreal compared to what it was 20 years ago.

You will save so little doing this that I can all but guarantee the savings will never recoup your costs and your performance gains will likely be within the margin of error.
I beg to differ... I have a 2011 VW Golf TDI and have deleted the DPF and EGR systems. The results are amazing to say the least. My horsepower went from 140 to 200, torque went from 210 to 300 Foot Lbs. and my average fuel mileage went from 38 MPG to 43-45. and the general drivability (ignoring the power and torque change) is massively better. And.. it does not smoke unless you really get on it. I fully expect the same sort of results with any modern diesel with a properly done tune.

When I get my Gladiator it will all come off. Yes I am lucky to live in a no test area... It is My truck, not the Governments... I have no contract with the EPA to force me to comply.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Thats absolutely not true. Its the legal boundary in which a forum can operate. For instance, a forum can operate up to the bounds of the first amendment as recognized by legal convention, but not beyond without repercussions.
Uhm. No. The forum can tell you not to talk about clouds if they like, and delete any posts about clouds and ban you for starting threads about clouds. It's their right do so as a private entity. The 1st amendment is protection against legal prosecution by the government, nothing more.

It's sad how often the 1st amendment gets misconstrued to mean "I can say anything I want anywhere I want without any type of repercussions". That's just not true. The 1st amendment only applies to free speech in relation to the government, in that the gov't cannot make laws restricting it. A private forum is not the government. This concept has been upheld multiple times in court.

If a forum wants to restrict certain topics as a safeguard due to the dubious legality of those topics, they are completely within their rights to do so. It is common practice on many auto forums to restrict discussion on things like emissions modifications, street racing, and the like. They aren't in the wrong for doing that.

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
Uhm. No. The forum can tell you not to talk about clouds if they like, and delete any posts about clouds and ban you for starting threads about clouds. It's their right do so as a private entity. The 1st amendment is protection against legal prosecution by the government, nothing more.

It's sad how often the 1st amendment gets misconstrued to mean "I can say anything I want anywhere I want without any type of repercussions". That's just not true. The 1st amendment only applies to free speech in relation to the government, in that the gov't cannot make laws restricting it. A private forum is not the government. This concept has been upheld multiple times in court.

If a forum wants to restrict certain topics as a safeguard due to the dubious legality of those topics, they are completely within their rights to do so. It is common practice on many auto forums for things like emissions modifications, street racing, and the like. They aren't in the wrong for doing that.
You've stovepiped the discussion with a strawman. I literally wrote that a forum can allow whatever up to the point of legality. All additional restrictions are of the forums own volition. A forum taking on additional unwarranted restrictions does not automatically absolve them of user discontent, as so many allude to now. This is a forum about off road hobbies, it's perfectly reasonable to discuss off road modifications...

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
Good god...now back to the previously scheduled show...
That “show” has been claims of swamps causing LA smog, pictures of icy boats, and repeated attempts to kill a zombie that just keeps coming back. The US Constitution is just the latest episode, we haven't even made it to the season finale. Really you should just grab a bag of popcorn at this point.
Sponsored