First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Occupation
Software dev
One of those people I see! Shouldn’t you be over on the Prius forum?
There is no “trend”, only a cycle which we’ve not lived through or documented before. We don’t control or change climate by the vehicles we drive or type of fuel that we burn. Air quality, yes, we contribute heavily to that, but temperature of the globe, nope.
So is global climate change man made and what evidence is there for it? Another question is what are the consequences of humans pumping carbon into the atmosphere since the 1850’s?

“https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/“ said:
Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 11,700 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.
Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. Ancient evidence can also be found in tree rings, ocean sediments, coral reefs, and layers of sedimentary rocks. This ancient, or paleoclimate, evidence reveals that current warming is occurring roughly ten times faster than the average rate of ice-age-recovery warming. Carbon dioxide from human activity is increasing more than 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age.
Reference: 3)
There is a scientific consensus (over 97% of actively publishing climate scientists. Source: https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu) and evidence that global climate change is man made.

The current warming trend is of particular significance because it is unequivocally the result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented over millennia. (Reference: 1) It is undeniable that human activities have warmed the atmosphere, ocean, and land and that widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere, and biosphere have occurred.
Short list of negative, observed, environmental effects:
Glacial Retreat, Sea Level Rise, Extreme Temprature Rise, Ocean Acidification.

Not pushing fear but facts, evidence, and sources on the topic.

FWIW, I have a JTR EcoDiesel and will definitely run a GDE tune in the future.

Reference 1:
IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, Summary for Policymakers. https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/#SPM

B.D. Santer et.al., “
A search for human influences on the thermal structure of the atmosphere,” Nature vol 382, 4 July 1996, 39-46

Gabriele C. Hegerl, “Detecting Greenhouse-Gas-Induced Climate Change with an Optimal Fingerprint Method,” Journal of Climate, v. 9, October 1996, 2281-2306
(3 more not listed for brevity)

Reference 3:
Vostok ice core data; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record
Gaffney, O.; Steffen, W. (2017). "The Anthropocene equation," The Anthropocene Review (Volume 4, Issue 1, April 2017), 53-61.

@aceisback @bailer @JacobD177 @Orange01z28 @TheHeathen @PnwGladiatorBuild @Josh00333 @Gren71 @Frank... @Beemer533 @Dash68 @ScarabMike @mrmo @JT57 @sunrise089 @hansshanks @BigG @GibbonsMonkey @LordEnzo @PDiddy @Pakdoc @CaptNkllm @AggieJeep @TimC @Sazabi19 @Undecided @Phil3333 @iadslgladiator @Mr._Bill @Rattlesnake

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I guess my question while on the global warming aka carbon footprint topic is, how much carbon and other emissions are reduced in reality? I’m more than happy to help keep the planet remain livable. BUT, how much diesel fuel an electricity produced by coal and natural gas is consumed by the industrial processes needed to create the emissions equipment on ours and other’s vehicles. Most of its produced over seas. With unregulated diesel coal rolling equipment. Smelted with electric from coal burning power plant and shipped here either on diesel powered ships or jet fueled planes with no to zero emissions equipment. All so my little truck can put out less smoke then the gas burner next to me? Now my truck has a scr to reduce nox but consumes “industrially produced urea” then it hits a dpf.. ok it gets plugged up after 800miles then has to burn off at 1500 degrees.. I have to inject even more fuel to make that happen. Now I’m down 5mpg for the next 30 min to “clean the dpf” so now I’m using even more fuel. That has to be drilled from the ground?? Or ocean floor ? Then tankered to the refinery… they use even more electric from some fossil fuel run plant. Then sense apparently we don’t like pipe lines we load it into tanker trucks and burn diesel to drive the fuel to my local station….. was I asking a question??? Shit I’m rambling with good reason though….. rambling over

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Yea I see massive forest cut to the ground to put up solar …… it’s a shame

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Something to think about. Plants, trees and such take in CO2 and put out O2. CO2 levels are about 410 ppm now. When dino's roamed the earth. The CO2 levels were around 4,000 ppm. Life was everywhere. More species of animals and plants then, compared to what we have now. Plants NEED CO2 to live. The big green houses pump in CO2 for their plants inside. When CO2 levels get to 300 ppm. Plants become stressed and start dying off. When the CO2 level gets to 280 ppm. It's an extinction event. Soooooo what is the best or perfect CO2 level? Think food chain.

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
This forum should steer clear of the global warming/ climate change debate. Not going to change anyone beliefs or feelings about it. Fact is, it's not legal to modify or remove smog devices anywhere in the US as they are Federal laws. A diesel suite I am on has banned al delete talk to avoid EPA issues there. I have a diesel Ram. The smog devices are a PITA but I have them all and working.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Climate debate aside - at what point does it end? Air quality has never been better and that is a fact. No one is dropping dead outside because of air quality and neither was anyone 30 years ago. So why must we keep placing restrictions on ourselves to meet what exactly? If there was a goal to hit X and it will fix Y I could live with that, but that is not what's happening. We're being told it's all bad and the only way to reverse climate change is to cut it completely. I think that is a little unrealistic - we can't even change the weather and now you want to change the global climate?

Air Quality Trends for the last 40 Years:
https://www.epa.gov/air-trends/air-quality-national-summary

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
Whooooooo boy one of these threads. Even as an actual scientist in a climate-adjacent field, I'm not going to chime in on the climate banter because no one's opinions will be swayed by an internet forum about issues that have social or political implications.

What I can share is this: diesel emission reductions are focused on removing NOx and particulates, both of which correlate much more strongly with near-surface smog than the global carbon cycle. In other words, the climate debate on this thread is irrelevant because the DPF and the SCR on these trucks are there solely to keep the air in populated areas from turning brown, particularly in winter.

houseofdiesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Whooooooo boy one of these threads. Even as an actual scientist in a climate-adjacent field, I'm not going to chime in on the climate banter because no one's opinions will be swayed by an internet forum about issues that have social or political implications.

What I can share is this: diesel emission reductions are focused on removing NOx and particulates, both of which correlate much more strongly with near-surface smog than the global carbon cycle. In other words, the climate debate on this thread is irrelevant because the DPF and the SCR on these trucks are there solely to keep the air in populated areas from turning brown, particularly in winter.
FYI diesels doesn't create brown smog. And the largest contributor of Nox is marshland, which environmental agencies in California are reintroducing million of acres of throughout the Bay Area, highly populated area btw. Actually London experienced the greatest threat of smog ever during the Great Smog of 1952. What cleaned up that air quality since? Oh unregulated diesels. lol The level of EnviroPropaganda regurgitated on the internet is sad.

Great Smog of London | Facts, Pollution, Solution, & History | Britannica

If you would like I have a pre-emissions chart that shows that diesel unregulated only produced 30% more Nox than egr regulated gas vehicles. Manufacturing and mining are overwhelmingly responsible for all modern smog. But that can't be rolled back or we'd have to go back to living in caves and it would destroy economies, or specifically production and manufacturing. But for transportation they can make money off the scheme.

Funny thing is if you look at the Nox and emissions charts over the past 10 years for Europe, China, and the US the data doesn't align with their claims or cancer rates. Europe has historically had more than twice as many diesels, yet they have no increase in cancer or other ailments claimed to be caused by diesel emissions. For countries like Ireland that have 7x more diesels there should 100% be an increase in the ailments claimed, yet there is zero. Scientifically and statistically the US should have a far lower rate of ailments than all.

Europe: diesel car sales share by country | Statista
China: car parc by type 2018 | Statista
DieselFactSheet.pdf (dot.gov)

Last edited:

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
This forum must have the highest level of doctorates per membership of any forum… Mensa level genius here

Good luck swaying anyone’s opinion here, have you guys noticed when a member asks for help and they get beat up for asking a question. There might be 10 members opinions on this site I respect, most others are here to beat you up.
Sponsored