First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
I put Milestar Patagonias on my JK last fall. I was REALLY impressed with them...on and off road.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I've only ever used BFG KO2's....been eying the Ridge Grappler but was worried about on road feel and noise....so you guys would recommend the Ridge Grappler over the KO2? How about the added weight of the Ridge Grappler over the KO2's?
I would. The Ridge Grapplers are heavier, but they have less noise IMO compared to KO2 when doing low speed. It also echos (KO2’s) especially when driving side by side on a barrier. I couldn’t replicate it on the RG.
I only had 35” ko2 on a Jk w/ 4.56 gearing so I really can’t compare to the JT w/ 4.10 and 37” RG. I can say that the JT isn’t struggling but you can feel the weight/tire. I already got used to em. Be advised that some tires are on national backorder.

Last edited:

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I've only ever used BFG KO2's....been eying the Ridge Grappler but was worried about on road feel and noise....so you guys would recommend the Ridge Grappler over the KO2? How about the added weight of the Ridge Grappler over the KO2's?
At least in the 37, the weight wasn’t that different if I recall. They are both heavy tires. I love both tires, but the difference for me is the Ridge Grappler feels like it has a firmer sidewall and holds balance better. But that’s splitting hairs as I think either is a great tire. I don’t have any experience with the other tires.

rockcityphoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland North Edition
Anyone use either the KO2 or the Ridge Grapplers in snow? I'm probably planning to keep the Dueler A/T tires my Overland came with until they wear out, but when they do I'm curious what tires out there are capable year round.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Take a look at Mickey Thompson’s Baja Boss, I had them on my JL and they were great year round, including winter.
Are they the Baja boss a/t?

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a fan of the K02s
I know there is a major fan base here, but IMHO, they suck in the rain and are marginal offroad, especially rock crawling in the wet. They are light, which is why a lot of people prefer them, but to me, that is their only advantage.

I LOVE the Falken AT3Ws I have on my Gladiator, and was happily surprised that they came with them, since we bought them for my wife's Ranger a year ago and they have been fantastic in both rain and snow on the pavement.

If you are primarily a pavement pounder, I would add those to the mix.

However, if you are going to be rock crawling, I have direct experience with the Geolander M/T G303s and it has been one of the best offroad tires I have ever used. I am an east coast wheeler
[Extremely similar to the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers I had on my last TJ]
With the added benefit of them balancing with almost no weights and driving excellent on the street. That being said, they are not winter rated, and their rain performance is not as good as the Falkens, which makes me think on the street, their snow performance would not be as good as a tire rated for snow.

This is my $.05

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I know there is a major fan base here, but IMHO, they suck in the rain and are marginal offroad, especially rock crawling in the wet. They are light, which is why a lot of people prefer them, but to me, that is their only advantage.

I LOVE the Falken AT3Ws I have on my Gladiator, and was happily surprised that they came with them, since we bought them for my wife's Ranger a year ago and they have been fantastic in both rain and snow on the pavement.

However, if you are going to be rock crawling, I have direct experience with the Geolander M/T G303s and it has been one of the best offroad tires I have ever used. I am an east coast wheeler
With the added benefit of them balancing with almost no weights and driving excellent on the street. That being said, they are not winter rated, and their rain performance is not as good as the Falkens, which makes me think on the street, their snow performance would not be as good as a tire rated for snow.

This is my $.05
I’ll second the AT3Ws being great in the rain….they are spectacular for these insane storms we get on the Gulf Coast. I’ve gone up to 75 mph during a hard downpour and there was no hydroplaning. I don’t drive like that in rain typically…just was testing the tires. They are kinda suspect in mud though which is surprising for how the tread looks.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I think the mud performance is normal for a tread that does not have enough space between lugs. They do not self clean like an MT
conversely, most M/Ts don't have the level of siping of an AT which is what makes them better in the rain and snow.

Looks like I replied after the OP stated he pulled the trigger. I have no experience with the Nitto's but have never read about anyone who does not like them.
Congrats O.P. Enjoy them!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

This is my $.05
Not sure how anyone could say that KO2s suck in the rain, I've ran a lot of different tires over the years and KO2s have been one of the best over all tire I've ever ran, including in the rain. Naturally they wouldn't do so well at rock crawling because it's not designed to be a tire like that. I've ran the Geolanders as well and they are great tires except the fact that they only last about 30000-35000 miles if you daily drive them. I don't rock crawl so the KO2s have always been a great tire for me as a daily driver and you can get 60,000 miles out of them.

With that said I'm running Kanti Trail hogs in a 37 right now because I got such a good deal on them. They are only 72lbs and have been great in the snow, ice, rain and the little bit of mud I've had them in. They are wearing great as well and ride awesome on the road and are quiet. A little more aggressive than the KO2s and i would imagine they would be good on rocks as well.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's pretty simple
I just did.
:LOL:
It's based on experience and also hearing the same thing from a bunch of other owners.

My Geolanders are better in the rain and smoke the KO2s offroad,
The Falkens are way better all around than the KO2s on road,
So for me there are just better options.

I don't put as many miles on my vehicles, since I have too many of them and I only have a 12 mile commute to work.
30-35,000 for my Jeep will be 5-10 years.
Also, I am used to replacing tires every 5-10,000 on my Alfa Romeo and every 3-4,000 on my Motorcycle.

As such, Tread wear never enters my Tire equations. I only consider performance for the environments I use the tires in.

I'd rather have an awesome tire for half the time, than an OK tire for twice the time.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's pretty simple
I just did.
:LOL:
It's based on experience and also hearing the same thing from a bunch of other owners.

My Geolanders are better in the rain and smoke the KO2s offroad,
The Falkens are way better all around than the KO2s on road,
So for me there are just better options.

I don't put as many miles on my vehicles, since I have too many of them and I only have a 12 mile commute to work.
30-35,000 for my Jeep will be 5-10 years.
Also, I am used to replacing tires every 5-10,000 on my Alfa Romeo and every 3-4,000 on my Motorcycle.

As such, Tread wear never enters my Tire equations. I only consider performance for the environments I use the tires in.

I'd rather have an awesome tire for half the time, than an OK tire for twice the time.
You did and I said you are wrong just saying. It's pretty simple, for a daily driver KO2s are one the best all around tires made period and that's pretty much facts, or opinion but fact to me but opinion to you,see what I'm doing there. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Sponsored