First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
The same light will work on another gladiator with no issues, therefore not a defect.
I like the flush led taillight and the reverse lights. I would agree to say that they were not plug and play. Not only were they not plug and play, even using the Tazer, I had to sleep sleep and reboot. I wonder if without the Tazer a sleep sleep reboot cycle would have worked. BTW OEM led is what I had started with.

The tail lights are nice.
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
What you are also forgetting is for every story you hear on the internet of them being 'trash', there's a happy customer who hasn't bothered to post because they aren't angry, looking for a solution, or coming to dog the company on the internet.
That's the problem with boards like this and threads like this is most of the people without problems aren't going to come looking for this thread to tell you how great they are...
I'm not saying that they haven't had their issues, but EVERY thread I've seen on this board has a response from Oracle trying to help out, now you may not like their answer, but they are trying to help out.

So from my personal experience, these lights work exactly as described. Plug and Play. No issues.
No flashing, no programmer, nothing wrong at all from these so called 'trash' lights from a 'trash' company.
Curious as to what oem tail light you have started with. I like the lights, both the flush tail lights and the reverse lights. I started out with LED tail lights. I did not use the resistors that Oracle supplied, but I did turn off the LED option and then back on through Tazer, followed by sleep cycles and full reboot. Maybe I jumped the gun in doing so. Perhaps cycling turn signals and light switch a few times followed by sleep cycles and a full reboot would have worked.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Curious as to what oem tail light you have started with. I like the lights, both the flush tail lights and the reverse lights. I started out with LED tail lights. I did not use the resistors that Oracle supplied, but I did turn off the LED option and then back on through Tazer, followed by sleep cycles and full reboot. Maybe I jumped the gun in doing so. Perhaps cycling turn signals and light switch a few times followed by sleep cycles and a full reboot would have worked.
I started with halogens. I will amend my earlier post by saying I ended up having the issue with the right tail light going off. I used JScan to swap the rears to LED and they are working fine now, left the resistors on.

If you are still troubleshooting, I would use the resistors and keep it as LED in the Tazer settings.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
I started with halogens. I will amend my earlier post by saying I ended up having the issue with the right tail light going off. I used JScan to swap the rears to LED and they are working fine now, left the resistors on.

If you are still troubleshooting, I would use the resistors and keep it as LED in the Tazer settings.
No issues so far. Its been a couple months.

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
We've recently discovered an issue for some 22 MY Halogen Equipped Gladiators which causes the BCM to shut down the park lights when LED tails are connected. This is not a product defect and the issue can be resolved by doing the following:
  • - Remove the resistors plugged into the Flush Mount Tail Lights
  • - Set the Rear Lights to LED using a programmer such as Tazer or JSCAN
  • If you do not own a programmer - You may be able to get your local dealer to set the rear lights to LED for you.
My dealer charges $175 to do a program flash and that’s the cheapest of all 5 Jeep dealers I called. This isn’t a good answer. Buying a Tazer or a Jscan and possibly voiding your $50k vehicle’s warranty also not a good option.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I think at this point it's fair to say the Oracle taillights are clearly not 100% plug-and-play and likely never will be.

I will say that I have them on my truck and I really like them. As far as I'm concerned they're a good product. The key here, though, is that I bought them knowing what I had to do to get them to work without issue. I had a Tazer, I did my digging on the issues going in, and as such I am happy with my purchase because I knew what to expect. This is why I say I don't have a problem with the lights; the lights are fine. I do, however, have a problem with the responses from Oracle that constantly try to blame the consumer and always seem to say "not our problem".

It is your problem. You advertised these lights to function in a way they do not reliably function. That's on you. Own it.

@ORACLElights @JP_Oracle I think it should be obvious at this point that the problem isn't necessarily with your product. The problem is with the advertising and promises that are made to the buyers that don't line up with reality. They aren't getting what's expected and you are not offering any help or ownership of the problem in a meaningful way. Customers that find these don't work plug-and-play should be able to return them, no questions asked, and with zero fees or expenses. I think it would go a long way if you admitted this and changed your advertising as needed, rather than constantly trying to wiggle out of all the issues and complaints.

Last edited:

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
I think at this point it's fair to say the Oracle taillights are clearly not plug-and-play and likely never will be.

I will say that have them on my truck and I really like them. As far as I'm concerned they're a good product. The key here, though, is that I bought them knowing what I had to do to get them to work without issue. I had a Tazer, I did my digging on the issues going in, and as such I am happy with my purchase because I knew what to expect. This is why I say I don't have a problem with the lights; the lights are fine. I do, however, have a problem with the responses from Oracle that constantly try to blame the consumer and always seem to say "not our problem".

It is your problem. You advertised these lights to function in a way they do not reliably function. That's on you. Own it.

@ORACLElights @JP_Oracle I think it should be obvious at this point that the problem isn't necessarily with your product. The problem is with the advertising and promises that are made to the buyers that don't line up with reality. They aren't getting what's expected and you are not offering any help or ownership of the problem in a meaningful way. Customers that find these don't work plug-and-play should be able to return them, no questions asked, and with zero fees or expenses. I think it would go a long way if you admitted this and changed your advertising as needed, rather than constantly trying to wiggle out of all the issues and complaints.

đź’Ż - Feel the same way as you do about the lights, I researched them and knew what issues they had for others' install, so was prepared. Already had a JSCAN, so was little risk to me.

Easiest fix for Oracle is to change the wording from plug-and-play to aftermarket programmer *may* be required. The doubling down when they are wrong isn't the best look for sure.

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
At least they use really good quality hardware that doesn’t rust in a month….oh wait

D9D853F0-3EBA-43A6-81AE-CDA8709D0EBB.jpeg

6D97671B-764D-4E1D-858C-BE8FE6386816.jpeg

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least they use really good quality hardware that doesn’t rust in a month….oh wait

D9D853F0-3EBA-43A6-81AE-CDA8709D0EBB.jpeg

6D97671B-764D-4E1D-858C-BE8FE6386816.jpeg
That's just surface rust, which isn't really a big deal. Heck, you should look at some of the factory bolts on the Jeep, especially in the suspension area. They get surface rust almost immediately after leaving the factory. It's fairly common in situations where a coating isn't used (like painting or powdercoating).

Surface rust isn't a huge concern. You should be able to just clean it off. Not to mention, Oracle doesn't even use those screws anymore, they use a stainless version now instead.

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
That's just surface rust, which isn't really a big deal. Heck, you should look at some of the factory bolts on the Jeep, especially in the suspension area. They get surface rust almost immediately after leaving the factory. It's fairly common in situations where a coating isn't used (like painting or powdercoating).

Surface rust isn't a huge concern. You should be able to just clean it off. Not to mention, Oracle doesn't even use those screws anymore, they use a stainless version now instead.
Well the issue is that the screws rubbed off some of the paint so while it may be surface rust now it could have become a much bigger issue down the line. I’m not the only one who’s had the paint issue. The lights never worked anyway so I removed them.
It’s funny because I only got these lights in Oct and they still had the old screws the Oracle knew rusted. I live in Charlotte NC, no Salt on the roads. There’s not a speck of rest anywhere else on the vehicle.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the issue is that the screws rubbed off some of the paint so while it may be surface rust now it could have become a much bigger issue down the line. I’m not the only one who’s had the paint issue. The lights never worked anyway so I removed them.
It’s funny because I only got these lights in Oct and they still had the old screws the Oracle knew rusted. I live in Charlotte NC, no Salt on the roads. There’s not a speck of rest anywhere else on the vehicle.
I hear ya. Just a bit unfair to call surface rust a problem equal with the lights not working. Especially after they've already changed the design to reduce it occurring in the first place. I'm obviously a big critic of how they're doing business and have been bringing attention to their flaws, but this is one that they've addressed already and honestly a little surface rust is not something that fits in the same category as the lights not functioning. Other aftermarket parts get surface rust too, but nobody dogpiles on to them.

Also keep in mind, you don't need salt on the roads to get oxidation. It only acts as an accelerator in the oxidation process. You'll get surface rust virtually anywhere on the planet.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how old it is but I live about 15 minutes north of Charlotte in Kannapolis and I got a ton of rust on my suspension parts and other spots underneath as well. Not sure how old yours is but I got mine Feb 2020 and I started seeing rust spots about 8 months later. That falls pretty much in line with every jeep Wrangler I've ever own as well. I've lived around here my whole life.

I'm not a fan of oracle lights either but that little bit of rust is not a issue that Oracle should be concerned about. The bigger issues are their quality control and customer service.

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
I hear ya. Just a bit unfair to call surface rust a problem equal with the lights not working. Especially after they've already changed the design to reduce it occurring in the first place. I'm obviously a big critic of how they're doing business and have been bringing attention to their flaws, but this is one that they've addressed already and honestly a little surface rust is not something that fits in the same category as the lights not functioning. Other aftermarket parts get surface rust too, but nobody dogpiles on to them.

Also keep in mind, you don't need salt on the roads to get oxidation. It only acts as an accelerator in the oxidation process. You'll get surface rust virtually anywhere on the planet.
To be fair addressing the issue would be them no longer selling lights with the rust prone hardware or recalling ones that need the new hardware. How many people do you think installed these lights and never went back to remove or inspect them again. Surface rust isn’t a problem until it becomes ones. If these lights would have worked flawlessly I could have gone years before knowing there was an issue.

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Emergency Medicine
Not sure how old it is but I live about 15 minutes north of Charlotte in Kannapolis and I got a ton of rust on my suspension parts and other spots underneath as well. Not sure how old yours is but I got mine Feb 2020 and I started seeing rust spots about 8 months later. That falls pretty much in line with every jeep Wrangler I've ever own as well. I've lived around here my whole life.

I'm not a fan of oracle lights either but that little bit of rust is not a issue that Oracle should be concerned about. The bigger issues are their quality control and customer service.
I had the factory lights in place for 5 months with zero rust. I installed the Oracles and within a month I have rust. Not having the foresight to use good quality stainless hardware on a part that A. Doesn’t sit flush as to not let water in and B. Is completely exposed to water from the underside of the body panel which is open to the elements says all I need to know about this company. I for one am glad these didn’t work.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had the factory lights in place for 5 months with zero rust. I installed the Oracles and within a month I have rust. Not having the foresight to use good quality stainless hardware on a part that A. Doesn’t sit flush as to not let water in and B. Is completely exposed to water from the underside of the body panel which is open to the elements says all I need to know about this company. I for one am glad these didn’t work.
I agree, but unless your driving your JT in complete sunlight, keeping it in the Garage without ever getting wet or unless you have fluid filmed the whole underbody, your going see surface rust on it, that's a 100% guarantee. I've seen them on the lot brand new with surface rust.
Sponsored