Sponsored

Outside Naked Overnight

It's a long summer night with no rain in sight would you leave your Jeep exposed overnight?

• Total voters

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
We had a Rain Gear cover for the JL. I don't think I would leave the JT out naked.......I would get a cover. Takes about 2 minutes to put on and 1 to take off. Cheap insurance!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I voted no because even though it doesn't rain the dew settles on everything and makes the seats wet and clouds up the windshield. Also you never know when the neighbor's cat might come over and get inside the Jeep.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I voted no because even though it doesn't rain the dew settles on everything and makes the seats wet and clouds up the windshield. Also you never know when the neighbor's cat might come over and get inside the Jeep.
I've been top off with tube doors on all week, and I can attest to the morning dew. And my jeep won't fit in the garage if the top is off, because the top takes up its space. No cat issues yet though. I hope it stays that way.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Yup

Anytime we go to the cabin or camping. We leave the doors and top off the entire time.
Jeep Gladiator Outside Naked  Overnight 3A51B7AB-F229-4BBA-AA1C-14E84EA0A24A

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
If I know for a fact that its not going to rain, I leave it open. nothing inside worth stealing. But I did just get this nifty cover and tried it last night for the first time. I have yet to go check on it this morning but If I find any surprises, Ill let you know. its supposed to rain tomorrow and I want to keep it on for that as well to see how well it works.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my mopar cover arrives today. Did you end up leaving it out in the rain? How did it do?

Sponsored

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
I live in North Carolina and summer night are very damp and moist. Storms pop up here often similar to Florida. If I'm away from the Jeep for more than an hour, I always put my cockpit cover on.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my mopar cover arrives today. Did you end up leaving it out in the rain? How did it do?

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I’ve used my Mopar Cover during overnight rain with no issues at all. Interior was bone dry.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Thanks guys!
sorry to reply so late, I see everyone already answered but for what its worth, yes, i have done the same and left it out in the rain. it does say that if your expecting heavy rain to use something to prop the middle of it as it will pool.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
I live in a safe quiet neighborhood, I've even left my key and wallet on the dash overnight with the windows down and not thought twice. If there's no rain in the forecast I have no problem leaving the truck naked, and if there's a chance of rain I just throw the cab cover on it

Having never owned a vehicle with push button start, I cannot tell you how many times I have left my keys in the dash overnight. I will get my Jeep stolen one day, its just a matter of time.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Having never owned a vehicle with push button start, I cannot tell you how many times I have left my keys in the dash overnight. I will get my Jeep stolen one day, its just a matter of time.
While I live in a relatively safe neighborhood (4 or so LEO live in development of ~80 houses), a few weeks ago we had a manhunt in the area. Sheriff checkpoints around us and a drone and K9. We turned on our back patio lights to make sure no one was hiding around us.

All that to say I try not to leave my garage door opener in my other car, and I definitely don't leave my pew-pew in the vehicles overnight.

Jeep fobs are always brought inside.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have a holster for my key fob so it's always with me no matter what. Not possible to leave it in the vehicle.

GoFastGoFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX L2 Billet, 2021 JLU Willy's , 2020 X5 G05
I lay in mine naked all the time..

oh wait..
Sponsored