Sponsored

Outside Naked Overnight

It's a long summer night with no rain in sight would you leave your Jeep exposed overnight?

• Total voters

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I leave my top and doors off on a regular basis when the forecast looks decent for a few days. The Mopar Cab Cover is a no brainer. It rained overnight and the interior is perfectly dry. The cover fits tight enough that I don’t think critters are going to make a home inside. Now if any 2 legged critters want to mess with your stuff then this isn’t going to slow them down much. It might prevent the casual crime of opportunity, though.
Sponsored

Agyoung35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Had a cj that at best had a bikini on it for years. A TJ unlimited that rarely was covered until recently but this one has far too much tech for me to not be worried about a freak rain storm (which has already happened to me) hitting again.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
If I know for a fact that its not going to rain, I leave it open. nothing inside worth stealing. But I did just get this nifty cover and tried it last night for the first time. I have yet to go check on it this morning but If I find any surprises, Ill let you know. its supposed to rain tomorrow and I want to keep it on for that as well to see how well it works.

Jeep Gladiator Outside Naked  Overnight 20210725_185846
Jeep Gladiator Outside Naked  Overnight 20210725_185842
Jeep Gladiator Outside Naked  Overnight 20210725_185831

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Answered yes. However my jeeps go in the garage and they both have rain gear stored in them. So it would be a rare situation where I’d need to make this decision. But I’d leave it out naked under those conditions listed.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I like the idea of a rain cover as prep for the unexpected. Will it fold up nice and tight or one of those things that once it's out of the box it'll never fold up small again? Under rear seat friendly?

Sponsored

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
I like the idea of a rain cover as prep for the unexpected. Will it fold up nice and tight or one of those things that once it's out of the box it'll never fold up small again? Under rear seat friendly?
the Mopar cover comes with a bag, it folds up around the size of a football.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
In Florida HELL no! too much rain, humidity, cats, spiders, leaves, I keep it parked in my shop,

I do have a soft top and a sunshade on it, so, most of the days its folded back with the window removed, here in Orlando, most jeeps are hard tops and if you see one with a soft top its rarely open, I don't mind it open in the summer, but I bet most don't like it open,

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I was at the beach a few weeks back. I had the freedom panels off the front and no rain in the forecast. A storm blew in out of nowhere and soaked my truck. Had to pull the drain plugs and mop the water out of The back but it’s perfectly fine now.

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
When I'm at home, I leave it naked most of the late spring through early fall. It does get parked at night in a garage, but while I'm at work, I use the Mopar Cabcover. If I'm going somewhere where I will be away from my JT I throw the Cabcover on. When at the beach, I take the doors and top off and put them back on when we leave. There is no where to park it other than outside. It gets covered at night and has rained on it a few times. No wetness to be found inside. In fact got caught in a storm that I drove into, pulled into a parking lot, threw the cover on and sat inside until it past. Let it run for A/C because it was hot in there. It does cause some condensation and may drip a few times, but is never soaked. I'm at a year with the top and it works great. I've had nothing get in it as far as animals and never had anyone mess with it. I do lock everything-I even put a lock in under seat storage using a pin lock in the plastic. All in all it really depends on your location.

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave 2021 - Sarge Green
Occupation
Network Architect
In Florida HELL no! too much rain, humidity, cats, spiders, leaves, I keep it parked in my shop,

I do have a soft top and a sunshade on it, so, most of the days its folded back with the window removed, here in Orlando, most jeeps are hard tops and if you see one with a soft top its rarely open, I don't mind it open in the summer, but I bet most don't like it open,
You forgot to mention alligators. :)

Sponsored

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a safe quiet neighborhood, I've even left my key and wallet on the dash overnight with the windows down and not thought twice. If there's no rain in the forecast I have no problem leaving the truck naked, and if there's a chance of rain I just throw the cab cover on it

20210701_134123.jpg

RamenSaturday

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Mobile lube and repair tech
What do you guys think about leaving your Jeep open at night doors off no top?
I've done it a lot, My wife throws a fit when I park in "her garage". I've had it rain a couple times too though I've always been able to tarp it. The interior does get dirty, especially if you park it under pollinating trees. Jeep did think to put locks on all the interior cubbies like glove box, center console, and even to access behind the seats, just not for the under seat area which is a bummer.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
RainGear cab cover if parking outside. Its parked in the garage most of the time, but when I need to leave it out I just throw the cover on it. It fits tight and with the lift and tires, it think most animals would have a hard time jumping up into it an pushing the tight cover aside simultaneously.

As for locking, nothing of value in the glovebox or console so I don't lock those because I don't want them broken over nothing. I keep the registration and winch controller and some small stuff locked behind the rear seats. Most won't think to try and fold a back seat down or that anything will be behind it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I live in a safe quiet neighborhood, I've even left my key and wallet on the dash overnight with the windows down and not thought twice. If there's no rain in the forecast I have no problem leaving the truck naked, and if there's a chance of rain I just throw the cab cover on it

Jeep Gladiator Outside Naked  Overnight 20210701_134123
I need to get one of those cab covers. I have my top on right now because it's supposed to rain tonight, and I know I won't get up in time tomorrow to take it off.
Sponsored