Sponsored

Overall who's pretty pleased with the power output of their Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in a Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 for the gladiator. I do miss the sound and pulling power. The gladiator is soooo much more fun to drive though.
Here’s my logic, outside of personal opinion...

It has wide-track 44’s, and a 7,000 lbs. tow rating. It is meant to compete with both the Taco and Tundra. Everything else (spec-wise) puts it right in the middle of them. Why put a V6 in something you intend to put in direct competition with up-to 1/2-ton 4x4 Trucks with V8 power plants? Jeep is already putting 1/2-ton axles in them...Might as well gusset the frame, toss in some heavier rear coils, stick a V8 in it, and increase the payload, and towing capacity and compete with both the 1/4-ton and 1/2-ton markets??? Wouldn’t that have made more sense?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's what the Corvette is for.
Yep, that's what I got a 17 mustang 5.0 for and I'm about to purchase a 17 BMW 440I that's a hard top convertible so I can hit high speeds with the top down;)

Sponsored

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Lol. Well, my previous vehicle had more HP and torque, turboed and was 1.5k pounds lighter. So, I’m not exactly impressed with the power of my gladiator, but I didn’t expect to be when I bought it. I still think I might have to buy a little lightweight project car to cure the itch I have for something quick.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's what the Corvette is for.
I got rid of my 2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack MT-82 (450hp/400TQ) car for this Jeep... Needless to say, performance is lacking.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got rid of my 2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack MT-82 (450hp/400TQ) car for this Jeep... Needless to say, performance is lacking.
Exactly the one I got. Couldn't see getting rid of the mustang and having Two Jeep's. Had to sacrifice the Jeep.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Here’s my logic, outside of personal opinion...

It has wide-track 44’s, and a 7,000 lbs. tow rating. It is meant to compete with both the Taco and Tundra. Everything else (spec-wise) puts it right in the middle of them. Why put a V6 in something you intend to put in direct competition with up-to 1/2-ton 4x4 Trucks with V8 power plants? Jeep is already putting 1/2-ton axles in them...Might as well gusset the frame, toss in some heavier rear coils, stick a V8 in it, and increase the payload, and towing capacity and compete with both the 1/4-ton and 1/2-ton markets??? Wouldn’t that have made more sense?
Maybe they’ll offer a beefier version down the road.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they’ll offer a beefier version down the road.
Yeah, but I don’t want to trade mine in, lose money, take out another loan, just for them to jack-up the price another $10,000 for a V8 Rubicon model.... With inflation continuing, they would likely be $80,000 for one. F*** that! I thought $50K for a non-V8 Rubi was bad enough!

Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yeah, but I don’t want to trade mine in, lose money, take out another loan, just for them to jack-up the price another $10,000 for a V8 Rubicon model.... With inflation continuing, they would likely be $80,000 for one. F*** that! I thought $50K for a non-V8 Rubi was bad enough!
Thought you leased. Figured you’d just turn it in for the next model.
That’s what I did. Glad too, I’d do a few things different the next time around.

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
I've actually been pretty impressed at the power of the Gladiator. It's not meant to be a race car. Daily driving in Colorado means I lose a lot of power due to altitude and I had a fear that the Gladiator would really suffer with out some kind of boost. I'm happy to report that it's actually pretty peppy and I don't even mind driving through the passes.
I'm in CO as well and I'm quite satisfied with the power. It takes off quicker than my old Ridgeline. I don't feel like I'm lacking on the highway. I wasn't expecting it to be a rocketship. I'm also driving a stock Overland with the all season tires. So I expect some loss of perceived power whenever I switch to all terrains. I'm moving to NC at the end of June, so I'm definitely not worried about that though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thought you leased. Figured you’d just turn it in for the next model.
That’s what I did. Glad too, I’d do a few things different the next time around.
Yes, but you just lost $22K by doing so... They don’t just put that money towards the next lease... That $22K I would have theoretically just pissed-away would have bought me almost an entire 6.4 Hemi swap, including all the labor. Might as well keep it put towards my current one. Build it how I want it, then 6.4 Hemi swap it, Right?

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Yes, but you just lost $22K by doing so... They don’t just put that money towards the next lease... That $22K I would have theoretically just pissed-away would have bought me almost an entire 6.4 Hemi swap, including all the labor. Might as well keep it put towards my current one. Build it how I want it, then 6.4 Hemi swap it, Right?
You are correct, sir!

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I’m plenty happy with it. I’d owned a 09 jk years ago which had the dreaded 3.8 minivan engine. Coupled with the fact I was coming from a Maserati SUV I was worried the Gladiator would be very sluggish. I am surprised even after lift and 37’s it seems to be just fine. I’m sure the 4.10 gears helps a lot.
Sponsored