Sponsored

Parts prices...UP 15-25%... what's going on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Don't know if it's just me , but I'm noticing several accessory parts I've been watching over the last few months of shopping are going up... a lot! Rugged Ridge, Teraflex, others.
So, I get some increase to keep up with rising costs, But 25% ! Seem's to me there just floating these prices out to see what sticks, definitely got me rethinking a few things.
Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
It’s near triple to get a shipping container out of China now, I’m actually shocked the aftermarket industry waited this long to bump prices. An email went out a week or so ago about a flat % hike spanning many brands. What I haven’t seen is a hike on American made parts as much. I assume given their in-house fabrication, they are a bit more shielded by sourcing less 3rd party parts, which is great but that has to change soon as raw materials are drying up.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
It’s near triple to get a shipping container out of China now, I’m actually shocked the aftermarket industry waited this long to bump prices. An email went out a week or so ago about a flat % hike spanning many brands. What I haven’t seen is a hike on American made parts as much. I assume given their in-house fabrication, they are a bit more shielded by sourcing less 3rd party parts, which is great but that has to change soon as raw materials are drying up.
Yep and container price's are still climbing and will likely continue to do so for the forseeable future. Expect that this will all eventually be passed on to consumer at some point. That combined with rising inflation might be time to just chill on upgrades, etc for the forseeable future for me. Luckily about all I have left to do is Winch and Mud Flaps

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not sure why this is surprising…but it does suck :( Many items are going up dramatically.

OP
OP
GA D90

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Well... guess it's "not just me".
It's rough, guess I shoulda bought sooner:mad:

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Yep and container price's are still climbing and will likely continue to do so for the forseeable future. Expect that this will all eventually be passed on to consumer at some point. That combined with rising inflation might be time to just chill on upgrades, etc for the forseeable future for me. Luckily about all I have left to do is Winch and Mud Flaps
Same here from a chill on aftermarket parts standpoint. A few weeks back we re-prioritized the bigger ticket items over the dozens of lesser cost and/or complimentary gear. Usually it's the smaller, less expensive stuff that trickles in while saving for the bigger things. My brother has a 20' silverado trail boss with a pre-saved build allocation, he's 100% ready to go but having an unbelievable (truly, it's shocking) hard time actually finding parts regardless of cost. Folks on other platforms are just throwing money at whatever is available. I'm grateful there is a staggering amount of support on this platform.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
My shop insurance went up 19%.

Electricity locally went up 5%+ this year.

The RV I had on order since March went up 16% in one price increase (Third increase this year for this line) and no guarantee that it wouldn't go up again before actual production.....CANCELLED!

Parts across the board up along with limited inventory. Used vehicle sellers are asking more than new ones cost.

Help wanted signs everywhere and businesses closed or open less hours due to labor shortages, yet people are still unemployed?

CPI jumped 5.4% in the first half of this year alone! Nothing to see here......Economy is doing great and the personal income is way up!

California is on fire again with at least one new record breaking wildfire......

I'm sitting this one out........Raised my shop rate 5%, paid the house off, no new RV, and ready to triple down when the market crashes.......

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
It's almost like crazy inflation is setting in due to recklessly printing money :lipssealed:

Those stimmy tendies are really helping :LOL:
Nope everything is OK......Quit with the paranoia, You might set off another TP shortage! :CWL:

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Inflation, shipping back logs, raw material back logs, labor shortages.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
yeah ive noticed that when i saved up enough for the beadlocks i wanted they literally went up sooo much,the kmc beadlocks were like 370 cant quite remember but they're now over 550 a piece wich is ridiculous but oh well.....no more beadlocks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.